Rogue One Pinball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi !

Here is my first impressions: very good table that reminded me the film. The timing of mission 5 is tight compared to the others. After that, it's the highway, very quiet until the last mission. Extraballs are a little bit to difficult to win, the video mode is particular hard to activate. I hope all the players will enjoy it but I'm afraid you're going to discourage less hardcore players.

All the problem of this table for me is to oscillate between secondary modes (to win extraballs), and to play main missions cause they're really fun.

Unfortunatly there's a big shade on the board : the music. Why have you chosen the battle of Yavin theme by John Williams ? 1) It's an anachronism. 2) I remember it was already taken for another table (Am I wrong ?). And 3) Rogue One is the only Star Wars which is not composed by John Williams : you miss the unique opportunity to change the musical atmosphere of Star Wars Pinball, it's too bad !

But I love it and can't wait to go back!
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Comment

Originally posted by DA5ID View Post
      Looks like you can choose between missions - the current scene or replay scenes you have already completed (but not later scenes)
      I am getting confused when I am selecting between the available scenes on the DMD as they have a chapter number but not a scene number.
      For example scenes 2-5 are all labeled chapter 2 and then the name of the scene.
      I find myself cycling through them trying to find the most current scene and time to select runs out and i end up on a scene I didn't mean to select.

would be nice if they were labeled
      Chapter 2: Jedha
      Scene 5: Escape from Jedha
      Yeah I was confused too at first since they are all Chapter 2. One word of advice is to just select the first one that comes up, they will always default to the current unfinished mission. Going back can be beneficial for Wizard Mode because your scores from the story affect it, but I feel doing a main mission over again is risky and one would rather continue on in hopes of reaching the Wizard Mode.

I'm writing a trophy guide for the game as we speak, and I'll list out all of the missions in order so if someone is playing they will know what order to go in just in case they get off track.

Originally posted by wims View Post
      Hi !

Here is my first impressions: very good table that reminded me the film. The timing of mission 5 is tight compared to the others. After that, it's the highway, very quiet until the last mission. Extraballs are a little bit to difficult to win, the video mode is particular hard to activate. I hope all the players will enjoy it but I'm afraid you're going to discourage less hardcore players.

All the problem of this table for me is to oscillate between secondary modes (to win extraballs), and to play main missions cause they're really fun.

Unfortunatly there's a big shade on the board : the music. Why have you chosen the battle of Yavin theme by John Williams ? 1) It's an anachronism. 2) I remember it was already taken for another table (Am I wrong ?). And 3) Rogue One is the only Star Wars which is not composed by John Williams : you miss the unique opportunity to change the musical atmosphere of Star Wars Pinball, it's too bad !

But I love it and can't wait to go back!
      Mission 5 is very tough. Only requires two shots (well, four since you need to send it into the orbit first then up the lanes with the other flipper), but those shots have a short margin of error for timing. Then the U-Wing blocks your view after you complete your first shot too making it even harder. I feel that Mission 7 (Almost Caught) is tough too; you have to nail that shot when the stormtroopers are exposed. The last mission with Krennic is pretty tough too but I was OK with it since it felt like a real battle (in pinball form lol).

I like how the story modes are very accessible though, feels like you won't die trying to spell R-O-G-U-E and can get right back into a mission if you fail. Very little danger in that at least. People just might get stuck on 5, 7, and 10 (especially 5). Video mode is difficult to obtain, would like if the U-Wing closed just a bit slower to give more time to add another shot up there.

To your point about the music I'm guessing there are 1 of 2 angles at play: 1) The music is iconic in recognizable or 2) The rights to the Rogue One music are either tied up or more expensive or something. Force Awakens had original trilogy music too, would have liked to hear "Rey's Theme". I mean, I'd love to have the actual music from R1 and of course original voice actors but then I bet these tables would be $9.99 each to offset the money to acquire those rights. That's my guess anyways maybe Barbie will chime in.
      "We control the universe"

Kraigbot @Kraigbot Find me on TrueTrophies and PST.org

Comment

Nr1 of the world, yay

Hi all,

I am really happy to say I got 1st place on this table. (PS3 version)

53,4 Billion points !

Here a short video of that game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I31zSPzSjqA

Enjoy !
        SWProzee1.

Comment

Originally posted by swprozee1 View Post
          Hi all,

53,4 Billion points !

Enjoy !
          SWProzee1.
          Wow, thanks for posting this! Congrats!

Comment

Hi all,

53,4 Billion points !

Enjoy !
            SWProzee1.
            Damn Son! What a score! Awesome!
            sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
            Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
            *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Hi all,

53,4 Billion points !

Enjoy !
              SWProzee1.
              Way to go! Great score, congratz.
              Last edited by DamianS; 11-02-2021, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X