Zen Pinball 2 Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rafie View Post
    Okay guys/gals I have a question that may come off as if I'm ungrateful, but I assure you that's not the case. First let me say that I LOVE pinball. I'm average at it, but I love it nonetheless! I'm certainly no Hypno, Shogun, StevieJ, Stormtrooper...just to name a few.

Now here my question. Today on the PS3trophies site, I made a mistake by saying that there was going to be 4 extra tables with the ZP2 release. That wasn't my intention. Someone there let me know that it wasn't the case. Here's where my question comes. Also note that I don't know if this question was asked prior to me joining.

Now why is it that when Pinball FX 2 was released, they got tables with their release....but now where Zen Pinball 2 is released, we're only getting the Avengers pack? I don't know if Zen is using the Avengers pack as a staple to promote the "new physics and trophies" that comes with it. PBFX2 also had the achievements and such and it was free for them as well.

I'm not ungrateful in the least bit. I'm just very curious! I also noticed that the tables that came out for the PS3 were released on the Android and 3DS, but the 360 tables weren't. I have every single table on both systems, so there's no bias here. Again, I'm just curious. Can someone please respectfully enlightened me. I know this is a lot to read on. Thank you all!
    That was me on PS3trophies You have a good question. I guess they just didn't get around to it(?) They have many other tables in the works, so maybe some of them will be PS3 exclusive, but as for new tables that come with ZP2, no new tables. Perhaps Barbie can shed a little more light on this.

Comment

Originally posted by snakeman07 View Post
      That was me on PS3trophies You have a good question. I guess they just didn't get around to it(?) They have many other tables in the works, so maybe some of them will be PS3 exclusive, but as for new tables that come with ZP2, no new tables. Perhaps Barbie can shed a little more light on this.
      Wow what a treat! Hahahaha Small pinball world! Man thanks for letting me know about that mispost I did.
      PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
      Gamertag- RAFIE82
      YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
      Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

Wow what a treat! Hahahaha Small pinball world! Man thanks for letting me know about that mispost I did.
        Very small XD No problem, nobody blames you, it would be awesome if there were some more exclusive tables with it, but not at release.

Comment

Originally posted by snakeman07 View Post
          Still would like to see Agents, Buccaneer, Rome etc on the PS3 and vice verse. It would be ashamed for fans of pinball on both platforms to miss-out on some interesting looking tables. I'm not sure it was barbie or whoever but the exclusivity won't lift anytime soon. Sad to say but I would buy day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by tenorhero View Post
            Still would like to see Agents, Buccaneer, Rome etc on the PS3 and vice verse. It would be ashamed for fans of pinball on both platforms to miss-out on some interesting looking tables. I'm not sure it was barbie or whoever but the exclusivity won't lift anytime soon. Sad to say but I would buy day 1.
            Yeh it would be nice to see this happen, but of course exculsivity is part of business.
            sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
            Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
            *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Now why is it that when Pinball FX 2 was released, they got tables with their release....but now where Zen Pinball 2 is released, we're only getting the Avengers pack? I don't know if Zen is using the Avengers pack as a staple to promote the "new physics and trophies" that comes with it. PBFX2 also had the achievements and such and it was free for them as well.
              We're a fairly small studio. Here are just a few of the projects we have going on right now:

-Roughly 12 NEW tables from scratch
              -Putting existing tables onto new platforms like 3DS, Vita, and other mobile devices
              -Making Zen Pinball 2 for both Vita and PS3
              -Making Avengers Chronicles for PSN/Vita/XBLA
              -Making 2 non-pinball games for release this year

I think it's safe to say that we're a bit busy

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                We're a fairly small studio. Here are just a few of the projects we have going on right now:

-Roughly 12 NEW tables from scratch
                -Putting existing tables onto new platforms like 3DS, Vita, and other mobile devices
                -Making Zen Pinball 2 for both Vita and PS3
                -Making Avengers Chronicles for PSN/Vita/XBLA
                -Making 2 non-pinball games for release this year

I think it's safe to say that we're a bit busy
                Thank you, Barbie! When I wrote my post, I meant it in the most sincerest and respectful gesture. I know how hard you all work on the tables and it sure as heck doesn't go unnoticed. We fans appreciate everything you all do. Thank you all again! WE LOVE ZEN!!!
                PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                Gamertag- RAFIE82
                YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

Questions:

-Do you include 3 or 4 trophies per table?

-Are there 3 bronzes with 1 silver or 2 bronzes with 1 silver per table? (I didn't like the setting in MP when some tables only had bronzes [Iron Man] and some had the silver one. [Capt. America])

-Do you keep the old Zen pinball music theme from Zp1? It really rocked!

-Is there a "My country" scoreboard that 3DS version has?

-Have you made any major differences with the tables? (New physics not included)

-Is there a table sorting option?

-What kind of tutorials will you add?

Thanks!
                  PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Comment

ya some of those bronze should have been silver or gold for sure and a platinum should be there too not sure if there is one i did not look i'm guessing not

Is there a "My country" scoreboard that 3DS version has:
                    that sounds like a great idea as a filter button feature

Comment

Hope it does drop this Month, will give me something to do while I wait for the Football/Soccer European Championship 2012 to start later this summer.
                      sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                      *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Originally posted by RabidShark View Post
                        ya some of those bronze should have been silver or gold for sure and a platinum should be there too not sure if there is one i did not look i'm guessing not
                        There's no platinum trophies in the game. There's a reason why we get mostly bronze trophies and that's because of the trophy score. Sony gives out a limited number trophy points per game. If they exceed that, then they can no longer release out add-ons with trophies.

Bronze trophies only equals 5 trophy points IIRC, while silver, gold and platinum cost far more points. I believe each game is limited to 2,500 points (counting add-ons), so Zen doesn't have a whole lot of wiggle room, especially if they are going to release out lots of new tables for this platform.

It's the same for the Xbox 360 and its achievements. Microsoft recently reported that they were going to bump up the limit soon.

Edit: If you click the link in my sig. It lists the trophy scores for each game. Zen pinball is already at 915 points and that's with only 12 tables.
                        Last edited by shogun00; 05-07-2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

@shogun00
                          wow that sounds incredibly lame but ya your right, so future tables may not have trophies at all

we are really in it for the scores and not trophies, that's how i look at it anyway
                          Last edited by RabidShark; 05-07-2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RabidShark View Post
                            @shogun00
                            wow that sounds incredibly lame but ya your right, so future tables may not have trophies at all
                            No! This is the reason why they use bronze (and sometimes silver) trophies. That way future tables can have trophies.

For example, let's say that they offer 3 trophies per table on ZP2. There will be 26 tables, so that means there will be 78 trophies when the game releases.

If they went with all bronze trophies, which are worth only 5 points per trophy. That will use up 390 trophy points (out of 2,500), that means that Zen will have 2,110 trophy points left over. That's plenty of points to work with for new table add-ons.

Now, if they went with silver and gold trophies on each table (like you're requesting), then they would run out of trophy points in no time.

We will most likely see a few silver trophies and possibly a gold trophy from time to time. However, don't expect to see every table to have them. I'm personally fine with bronze trophies.
                            Last edited by shogun00; 05-07-2012, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                              No! This is the reason why they use bronze (and sometimes silver) trophies. That way future tables can have trophies.

For example, let's say that they offer 3 trophies per table on ZP2. There will be 26 tables, so that means there will be 78 trophies when the game releases.

If they went with all bronze trophies, which are worth only 5 points per trophy. That will use up 390 trophy points (out of 2,500), that means that Zen will have 2,110 trophy points left over. That's plenty of points to work with for new table add-ons.

Now, if they went with silver and gold trophies on each table (like you're requesting), then they would run out of trophy points in no time.

We will most likely see a few silver trophies and possibly a gold trophy from time to time. However, don't expect to see every table to have them. I'm personally fine with bronze trophies.
                              Excellent points. Very insightful. I'm fine with bronze trophies as well then.
                              PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Comment

intresting what Shogun says, im ok with bronze to, its anyway just to show of that i have beaten the Table up lol
                                &then we bash the trash out of the wizzardmodes......

Comment

Working...
                                X