• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hunter328 View Post
    How old is the X-Men table?
    About 4 weeks old.

It was released out just last month.

http://www.sternpinball.com/Games/x.aspx

Comment

• Iron Maiden, like all musical groups, would be an incredible pinball experience.

Originally posted by devilmosh View Post
      With Iron Maiden, an Eddie themed table could be created based on every album! I'd especially love to see how Aces High and Fear of the Dark would turn out.
      Just think of The Trooper mission on the Piece of Mind table. Run to the Hills mission on the Number of the Beast table. Aces High mission on the Powerslave table. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son Multiball Mode on the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son table. (Maybe with 7 balls) At least grant us one Iron Maiden table or have any musical group just for the soundtracks. The last time I saw Iron Maiden live was 1990 at Irvine Meadows.The Cult opened for them. My dream table would be a Radiohead themed table though. Led Zeppelin is a close 2nd. Music related tables have so many possibilities, endless and infinite. Think of that on your Vita.
      Last edited by theRonlyConly97; 08-07-2012, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur Toy View Post
        There's a bigger issue. Farsight has already stated that they do not yet have emulation technology for Stern's new era (post 2000) pinball machines. Those things have fancier electronics and audio. They insinuated that they're experimenting with such emulation, to see if it's feasible within Pinball Arcade's engine.

But Farsight versions of the modern Stern tables is a long way away, by all accounts.

Back at the start of Pinball Arcade, I believe that Farsight said one goal was to finish porting every single Gottlieb and Williams table from the respective Pinball Hall of Fame Collections. So they still have months of tables yet to port.
        Even if a console or PC could handle the modern tables, I would be very concerned with how well such a table could play. A lot of the newer Stern tables have toys that are just absolutely crazy in terms of how chaotic the ball dynamics are from a collision. The bell from AC/DC, Magneto and Wolverine in X-Men, Optimus Prime in Transformers. It'd be a tall order to capture all of that in a digitized game, but on the bright side, at least there'd be a physics model to include the ball jumping off of the table.

Comment

• Still wanting ZP2

Today I went to check out a Vita to purchase. ( I won't buy one until zen releases ZP2) I was looking at the 3G version and realized that you have to pay $15 for the service. I'm not sure if I want the 3G version now. Maybe some feedback can persuade or dissuade me. I need some pros & cons. I did buy the trigger grips for the vita for $14.99. No Vita, but I have trigger grips, crazy. A company, like Zen, needs to make trigger grips for when you play vertically.

Comment

• Originally posted by theRonlyConly97 View Post
            Today I went to check out a Vita to purchase. ( I won't buy one until zen releases ZP2) I was looking at the 3G version and realized that you have to pay $15 for the service. I'm not sure if I want the 3G version now. Maybe some feedback can persuade or dissuade me. I need some pros & cons. I did buy the trigger grips for the vita for $14.99. No Vita, but I have trigger grips, crazy. A company, like Zen, needs to make trigger grips for when you play vertically.
            Well, if you got the 3G launch bundle (which I believe is still available) with said $15 for the data plan you'll not only get a second pre-paid one free and Super Stardust w/ blast pack free as well, so think that $15 for 30 worth of content. plus, after your data runs out you can opt out of the data plan and just use the wifi, that's what i did anyways.

As well as you'll have the option of getting the data again at a further date.
            PSN ID: draig3791

Comment

• @theRonlyConly97 btw, just looked. GS and Bestbuy (if your in the US) still have the launch bundles.

Comment

• A great idea for a table would be some sort of headbanger theme... period. It wouldn't have to be attached to any sort of licensing, etc. Just build a table, using Zen's already incredible creative talent, that's set in the world of heavy metal.

Thanks to the game's ability to allow us to play our own music, we can bang it out to our favorite tunes, be it Iron Maiden, Slayer, Overkill, or what have you.

Comment

• Originally posted by devilmosh View Post
                  A great idea for a table would be some sort of headbanger theme... period. It wouldn't have to be attached to any sort of licensing, etc. Just build a table, using Zen's already incredible creative talent, that's set in the world of heavy metal.

Thanks to the game's ability to allow us to play our own music, we can bang it out to our favorite tunes, be it Iron Maiden, Slayer, Overkill, or what have you.
                  That's not a half bad idea. It would certainly be a cheaper alternative.
                  PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Comment

• Zen Pinball 2 Gets a Release Date—And a Mystery Table!

Check out our blog for details!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                      Check out our blog for details!!
                      *Sends Digital Kiss* Thanks Barbs!
                      sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                      *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• Originally posted by surf1der View Post
                        Bummer. Don't ge me wrong, the updated physics and graphics are greatly appreciated. I will definitely be getting more of the older tables. Hopefully, a lot of the table bugs listed in the forums will be fixed as well which would really be appreciated. Trophies, online play, enhanced leader boards(?) doesn't really do anything for me. But it is a free update which is also great. However, it feels a bit anticlimactic to release this huge update without new DLC. A couple new tables that were designed to specifically show off the new game engine would have been cool. I would be willing to wait for zp2 to coincide with the release of the popcap game or other new tables (I think I heard about a civil war table).
                        I had a feeling zp2 would be released with a new table.

Comment

• So, any guess as to what the pop cap table will be? I'm guessing Peggle.

Comment

• Originally posted by draig3791 View Post
                            So, any guess as to what the pop cap table will be? I'm guessing Peggle.
                            Plants VS Zombies? Who knows. Regardless another table withing 3 months of the previous release of Avenger's chronicles. That's a big plus in my book.

Comment

• Originally posted by tenorhero View Post
                              Plants VS Zombies? Who knows. Regardless another table withing 3 months of the previous release of Avenger's chronicles. That's a big plus in my book.
                              Nah… I'd say Bejeweled! Come on, what else? So even the mommies would play it!!

Comment

• I'm sure whatever tables Zen comes up with will be great but Pop Cap seems like an odd license to want to build pinball tables off of. If I were to make a list of 100 licenses for tables I'd like to see Zen acquire I don't think I'd Pop Cap would even come to mind. It would be neat to learn what lead Zen to Pop Cap or vice vicera.
                                Can't wait to see the table. Sometimes it's the odd marriages that yield the best results.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X