Same trophies, wtf???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
    Since we are getting 3 gold trophies. I can see why Zen decided to go with 2 trophies for each table instead of 3. It's possible that future tables will get three trophies though.
    I doubt. trophies are hardcoded in the Zen pinball games. Instead.. With all these DLCs there should be enough points to ask a for a Platinum, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Michelasso View Post
      I doubt. trophies are hardcoded in the Zen pinball games. Instead.. With all these DLCs there should be enough points to ask a for a Platinum, isn't it?
      Nah Shogun has got a point! With future tables that Zen Pinball 2 is bound to get, there could very well be 2-3 trophies attached to them.
      PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
      Gamertag- RAFIE82
      YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
      Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
        You pretty much got it right. Sony goes by trophy points, instead of the number of trophies. Bronze trophies are worth anywhere between 5-25 trophies points, silver are worth 30-60 and gold can be worth up to 100 points. Please note that I don't know the exact number points for each trophy, but the more difficult they are the more points you get. I'm just going by my trophy list from YGC (link in sig) and going by the games I own. I don't see any game having over 2500 trophy points, so I assume that's most likely the limit.
        The numbers are more consistent than that. Basically, a Bronze counts as 1 "point," a silver as 2, a gold as 6, and a Platinum as 12.

Typically, you're limited to 20-21 points as a cap on a PSN game (which could be further bumped up by DLC), and most retail games weighed in at about 80 points, give or take a few.

There was the occasional exception PSN game that randomly got full retail support for trophies (Trine 2, Plants VS Zombies for the Vita, etc), but recently that seems to becoming more frequent with games like Dyad and Rainbow Moon having a Platinum Trophy despite the $14.99 price tag.

Zen Pinball 2 seems to be running on the old-school limit of 20 trophy points for the "core game." (Which makes sense, because the core game itself doesn't cost a thing.) That's used up by the three Gold trophies and the one Silver. (6x3)+2 = 20.

For the DLC, they theoretically could have had three Bronze trophies for each game instead of 1 Bronze and 1 Silver (because they're the same point value), but there's also a maximum NUMBER of trophies a game is limited to regardless of their "point value" or how much DLC it provides. Otherwise, a game like Rock Band 3 could have about 500 Trophies by now.

The whole trophy system is very haphazard, anyway. I'd much rather have every game have 60 objectives to complete. Each goal by itself is a Bronze trophy, but if you complete a related set of six goals, those Bronze can all be traded in for a Gold of equal point value. That way, anyone who's fully mastered a game would have 10 Gold trophies (as well as the Platinum), whereas someone who just plays a bunch of games halfway through would have hundreds of Bronze trophies in their profile.
        Last edited by Peridot Weapon; 08-01-2012, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peridot Weapon View Post
          The numbers are more consistent than that. Basically, a Bronze counts as 1 "point," a silver as 2, a gold as 6, and a Platinum as 12.

Typically, you're limited to 20-21 points as a cap on a PSN game (which could be further bumped up by DLC), and most retail games weighed in at about 80 points, give or take a few.

There was the occasional exception PSN game that randomly got full retail support for trophies (Trine 2, Plants VS Zombies for the Vita, etc), but recently that seems to becoming more frequent with games like Dyad and Rainbow Moon having a Platinum Trophy despite the $14.99 price tag.

Zen Pinball 2 seems to be running on the old-school limit of 20 trophy points for the "core game." (Which makes sense, because the core game itself doesn't cost a thing.) That's used up by the three Gold trophies and the one Silver. (6x3)+2 = 20.

For the DLC, they theoretically could have had three Bronze trophies for each game instead of 1 Bronze and 1 Silver (because they're the same point value), but there's also a maximum NUMBER of trophies a game is limited to regardless of their "point value" or how much DLC it provides. Otherwise, a game like Rock Band 3 could have about 500 Trophies by now.
          That's very interesting Peridot Weapon. Thanks for the insight. My friend who told me about the point system works for Naughty Dog, but he didn't know how the system completely worked. He just knew there was one, so I just assumed that YGC was following it.

I presume that the point system that YGC is using is their own then?

Comment

Working...
          X