Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zen Pinball 2 Gets a Release Date—And a Mystery Table!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welp, at least I can stop lurking so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloda View Post
      I guess it can be seen that way, but that is not what I had in mind. I see zen/fx as constantly developing based on Zen's improvement in skill and in response to feedback from the community. As such I expect that Zen pinball 2 is going to have many improvements and adjustments taken from the FX 2/Marvel Pinball base and then when FX 3 comes out, it again will be built on Zen pinball 2.
      I thought the physics of FX2 was pretty good already, I don't know if Zen needs to invest more resources to make a 3rd release. Especially considering that FX2 is available for Windows 8 already. And then Even ZP is better than the competition. Zen will be pretty busy delivering more and more tables.

Anyway, "only" 4 more weeks to go? Oh well, at least now we have a date!! I wrote in the other thread that at the end it was going to be in September!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michelasso View Post
        I thought the physics of FX2 was pretty good already, I don't know if Zen needs to invest more resources to make a 3rd release. Especially considering that FX2 is available for Windows 8 already. And then Even ZP is better than the competition. Zen will be pretty busy delivering more and more tables.

Anyway, "only" 4 more weeks to go? Oh well, at least now we have a date!! I wrote in the other thread that at the end it was going to be in September!!
        Well when the next gen Consoles come out then Zen will have a whole new set of Toys to play with, one must always strive for improvement!
        sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
        Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
        *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Kind of sad that Pinball FX 3 is not being released at the same time as Zen Pinball 2. On the other hand, FX 2 is on all accounts much better than Zen pinball so it would be worth the wait if FX 3 is able to iron out all the inevitable issues and make the required tweaks from Zen pinball 2 before releasing FX 3. Very interested to hear if (and how) the physics engine has been updated.

No matter what the Popcap table is; peggle, zuma, PvsZ etc., I just really hope that it is a bit tougher than Zen's collaboration on Ms. Splosion Man... still a good table, just too easy to get to Wizard mode and long games is way too easy.

Not to sound like a tool here, but ZP was barely got any love outside of the tables like Excalibur and Epic Quest (which also PBFX 2 got), and to top it off PBFX 2 just came out not even 2 years ago. ZP came out in '09. It was time for ZP to get some love man! It was a long time coming.

Also I don't care if the PopCap table is hard or not. As long as we get it...that's all I care about. You also have to remember that everyone here aren't pinball wizards, so if something is too difficult, they get turned off quickly. Ms. Splosion Man wasn't too difficult at all, yet its still fun to play.
          PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
          Gamertag- RAFIE82
          YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
          Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

Originally posted by Rafie View Post
            Not to sound like a tool here, but ZP was barely got any love outside of the tables like Excalibur and Epic Quest (which also PBFX 2 got), and to top it off PBFX 2 just came out not even 2 years ago. ZP came out in '09. It was time for ZP to get some love man! It was a long time coming.

Also I don't care if the PopCap table is hard or not. As long as we get it...that's all I care about. You also have to remember that everyone here aren't pinball wizards, so if something is too difficult, they get turned off quickly. Ms. Splosion Man wasn't too difficult at all, yet its still fun to play.
            Yes Rafie You didn't read a little further to my next reply.

Originally posted by Michelasso View Post

I agree, it is pretty damn good but there is always room for some tweaking. There is still some real life moves that you can't do in FX 2.
            XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Although I wish we were getting ZP2 sooner, I'm glad we are getting it sooner. As for the Pinball Table, I hope it's either PvZ or Zuma. I'd settle for Bejeweled but hope its not Peggle.

Comment

You know, I'm not sure I've ever played a PopCap game. I'm glad there will be a new table available but I'm not as amped up for this as some of you appear to be. I'm more interested in playing some of the Zen tables that I've missed out on. Great to finally have a release date to look forward to. Thanks Barbie!
                PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
                  I'm glad there will be a new table available but I'm not as amped up for this as some of you appear to be.
                  Agree 100%. I doubt I'll even buy the new table when its first released, which will be a first for me. Unlike most people here, I haven't been too excited about the newer tables. I'm more into the "classic" style Zen tables. I'm looking forward to playing the original Zen tables without the ball physics issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafie View Post
                    ZP came out in '09. It was time for ZP to get some love man! It was a long time coming.
                    It came out in late 2008 actually.

Comment

finally , sept 4 , really hope its plants vs zombies , they said based on a mega hit on the psblog , so it can only be plants vs zombies or bejewlled , i don't think zuma or peggle were mega hits
                      i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Comment

Originally posted by maink View Post
                        finally , sept 4 , really hope its plants vs zombies , they said based on a mega hit on the psblog , so it can only be plants vs zombies or bejewlled , i don't think zuma or peggle were mega hits
                        This is what I figured as well, reading it earlier, they have enough emphasis that it's a MEGA hit, so it can only be something like PvZ. I hope it would be Bejeweled, but it's not as big as PvZ.

Comment

didn't see F4 in there either , still problems with that table , i hope that wasn't the problem with the delays.

Comment

Originally posted by maink View Post
                            didn't see F4 in there either , still problems with that table , i hope that wasn't the problem with the delays.
                            In the PS Blog, it was noted in the comments that F4 "may" make it in time for the 9/4 release. However, they won't know for sure until we get closer to the release date.

Comment

kk , i can do without F4 . my plan was to beat my previous scores but when ZP2 was announced that went out the door . so very happy it s finally comming.

Comment

Yes Rafie You didn't read a little further to my next reply.
                                Sorry Cloda! I should have read a bit further. Silly me!

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                                It came out in late 2008 actually.
                                Wow, that justifies my post even more. Well it doesn't matter! WE'RE GETTING ZP2! WOOHOO!!!
                                PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                                Gamertag- RAFIE82
                                YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                                Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

Working...
                                X