Touch controls on Vita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch controls on Vita

When you're in portrait mode, can you use the rear touch panel for the flippers?

Because that's what seems most obviously missing when I'm playing Pinball Arcade, and many other Vita games as well. I lose more balls because I instinctively edge my fingers to the sides of the screen, and then end up trying to press outside of the "touch zone" when it's flipper time.

I don't think there are but I am looking into it-- I'll let you know what I find out!

Comment

Originally posted by Thirdrail View Post
      When you're in portrait mode, can you use the rear touch panel for the flippers?

Because that's what seems most obviously missing when I'm playing Pinball Arcade, and many other Vita games as well. I lose more balls because I instinctively edge my fingers to the sides of the screen, and then end up trying to press outside of the "touch zone" when it's flipper time.
      Same problem as yours when playing Pinball Arcade in Portrait mode !

But we would prefer (as mentioned in another thread) these controls for ZP2 in Portrait mode :
      - X
      - Triangle
      - Right Stick for Nudging.

Touching with the rear touch panel will not improve the sensibility problem for us, only "real buttons" can provide the feelings of a real PB machine...

Comment

Yeah, buttons would be good. I don't mind touch controls at all, in terms of responsiveness, but I can see where you're coming from. In my opinion, both pinball games could use a more robust options menu. Just let people assign controls where they want them.

You can buy countless $3 indy games on Steam, coded by one person in their freaking basement, and they STILL have customizable controls, so I find it hard to believe that it's a make or break undertaking in terms of the development process.

Comment

Yeah, buttons would be good. I don't mind touch controls at all, in terms of responsiveness, but I can see where you're coming from. In my opinion, both pinball games could use a more robust options menu. Just let people assign controls where they want them.

You can buy countless $3 indy games on Steam, coded by one person in their freaking basement, and they STILL have customizable controls, so I find it hard to believe that it's a make or break undertaking in terms of the development process.
          You can remap the controls in landscape mode, but as far as the touch controls in portrait mode, I don't know.

Comment

The answer is: YES! The rear touch panel can be used for flipper control in both portrait and landscape modes.

You might find it a little hard to hold the Vita and use the rear touch for flippers, though, as it is challenging to hold onto the system and not touch the panel, when you've got it vertical for portrait.

Unless you have Nerf armour! Which completely bypasses the issue! Boom! BOOM!!!

(This worked out pretty well for me.)

Comment

It's just one more little thing that can cause you to fail certification on consoles because it doesn't work when the player is logging out, removing a memory card, saving, and standing upside on their head all at the same time.

That said, I do want a little more flexibility in the configuration - I'll ask the team what they can do for the next update.

Comment

Originally posted by DanHD View Post
                Same problem as yours when playing Pinball Arcade in Portrait mode !

But we would prefer (as mentioned in another thread) these controls for ZP2 in Portrait mode :
                - X
                - Triangle
                - Right Stick for Nudging.

Touching with the rear touch panel will not improve the sensibility problem for us, only "real buttons" can provide the feelings of a real PB machine...

One of the reasons I prefer the Vita over mobile devices: tactile feedback. I'll see if we can add this at some point in the future.

Comment

"Real" buttons feature for Portrait mode in the next patch ?

Originally posted by Solitude View Post
                  One of the reasons I prefer the Vita over mobile devices: tactile feedback. I'll see if we can add this at some point in the future.
                  Sorry of not seeing this "real" buttons feature for Portrait mode in the ZP2 initial release...

When do you think that will come, in the next patch ?

Many thanks in advance, it is very important for the Vita version...

Comment

Originally posted by Solitude View Post
                    It's just one more little thing that can cause you to fail certification on consoles because it doesn't work when the player is logging out, removing a memory card, saving, and standing upside on their head all at the same time.
                    I don't know about anyone else, but I really like it when you guys explain the process of dealing with Sony/MS/Play Store/whatever. It makes it so much easier to tell what's going on. I think if we all understood the process better, we'd probably spend a lot less time yelling at the wrong people. No matter what happens, the modern internet enabled consumer is going to be over-informed, so we might as well be correctly over-informed.

Comment

Working...
                    X