Newb here. general question and compliments`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb here. general question and compliments`

Picked up Zen Pinball about 2 months ago and am so addicted it's ridiculous. The physics and game play is almost as good as I remember except I am not dumping my entire $5.00 a week allowance into a machine to play. (Yes you youngins 5 bucks a week for doing chores etc was GOOD money back in my day)

Just wanted to say thanks for putting out such a great product for a really good price! Now if only other game manufacturers would learn the simple rules of good stable games at reasonable prices is a good thing.

My question is this. Will there, in the future, be any tables from the good ole days? A few that come to mind are Addams Family, Star Trek, Pinbot, Black Hole, Corvette...the list could continue forever but you get my point. Obviously licensing can be an issue but I thought I would ask anyway.

THANKS!!

No. Zen does not make simulations of real tables. But you're in luck, Farsight studios makes a game called Pinball Arcade that digitally reproduces real tables. I'm not sure what your preferred platform is, but it s available for iOS, mac, ps3, xbox, and eventually pc. Some of the current tables include Arabian nights, ripley's, blackhole, theatre of magic, bride of pinbot, funhouse, moster bash, gorgar,black knight, medieval madness. I am sure i am missing a few. They are constantly adding new tables. They have licensing rights from bally, williams, stern, and gottlieb. They have already successfully completed a kickstarter crowd source funding for twilight zone table and have a current kickstarter project for star trek tng.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ext-generation

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum! Thanks for the awesome compliments!

As far as real life tables go, we don't make any-- All of our tables are our own, but we do have some tables coming up that are based on really popular franchises! We have a PopCap table that we're releasing September 4th on PSN (along with Zen Pinball 2!) and 5th on XBLA, and we'll reveal which PopCap game it is based on at Pax Prime next weekend. We also have tables coming up that are based on one of the most iconic brands out there... to be revealed later on

Comment

I agree with the OP, and am bouncing in my seat with happy anticipation for the Vita release.

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
          Hello and welcome to the forum! Thanks for the awesome compliments!

As far as real life tables go, we don't make any-- All of our tables are our own, but we do have some tables coming up that are based on really popular franchises! We have a PopCap table that we're releasing September 4th on PSN (along with Zen Pinball 2!) and 5th on XBLA, and we'll reveal which PopCap game it is based on at Pax Prime next weekend. We also have tables coming up that are based on one of the most iconic brands out there... to be revealed later on
          Thank you much for the info Barbie! Also thanks to Surf for the other information! I will have to check them out as well but I gotta say I think Zen is just nailing it in every way. Can't wait to see whatthe future holds!!

Comment

Working...
          X