X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShoryukenToTheChin
    replied
    Originally posted by surf1der View Post
    Thanks. I sent you a copy of the original word document. Use or don't use anything you want. I am hoping some of the other active message board members can contribute. Gathering info about mission complete bonuses, getting all the jack-in-the-box bonuses, etc., can be quite tedious. How do you do it?
    Just keep playing and playing, I tend to have a notepad beside me.. pause the game and make notes etc. Im completely baffled about the Jackpots on this Table, how the heck do you increase them...... also saw something saying increased Mission Bonus? confused ;s

Leave a comment:

• Rafie
    replied
    Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. There are a few trophies that are going to be rather time consuming. Both Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (collect 30 crystal skulls) and Epic Quest (acquire the Epic Armor) have cumulative trophies, where you need to play 30 or so games before you meet the objective.

Not to mention, some tables have very time consuming silver trophies. It's going to take a while for me to complete V12 (upgrade one part to the max), Shaman (start up the wizard mode), El Dorado (start up the wizard mode) and Thor (complete the wizard mode).

P.S. Play the Blade table. The ramp and orbit shots are much easier to hit and the Night Mode got a major graphical face life (light reflections).
    The Crystal Skulls is cumulative?!?!?! Wow I didn't know that. I was under the impression that we had to get all 30 skulls in one game. If this is true, then this makes it much easier for me. I got to chapter 3 yesterday and failed. Man I'm still sulking over Thor and how I was one shot away from defeating Loki. Oh well. Time to do it again.

Yeah you're right about Epic Quest. That's going to take a while. Will you still be able to defeat the dragon without the epic items? Also, I've never gotten to the wizard mode for El Dorado, Shaman, or V12. It seems hard. I thought I was doing pretty good on Earth Defense the other day with 7 medals, but you were 1 medal away from completing it. Sorry man.

Btw, I did play Blade and I now have placed Blade in one of my favorites now. That is in the top 3 best looking tables Zen has produced, in my opinion. I just now have to get to Dracula and defeat him for the trophy. I love the reflections now. I drained a few balls just gawking at it. Hehehe

Leave a comment:

• tenorhero
    replied
    Originally posted by 75hDeadMan View Post
    This is such a beautiful table. Great art and sound work, which is why it's a shame that it's so easy. I agree with many early posts. I've only played two full games and that feels like enough for a long time. Games are just so insanely long with the easy ball saves/multiball/extra balls and there's not much real reward other then doing wizard mode. Beautiful table though.
    Agree Really nice looking table. The games are insanely long. I was looking at my statistics and not 1 game was under 30 minutes. Also I thin the multipliers are bugged. Someone mentioned that if you get you 5 extra balls mutipliers wont come out. I've had it up to as much as 6x but nothing more.

The only reason I have been playing PvZ is to beat the scores on my friends list. Otherwise I have not urge to play it anymore The Jackpot scoring is confusing. Some super jackpots are minimal (700k) to high (12m) what advances the jackpot value?

As much as PvZ is being highlighted since it's a new table, I have not overlooked the core tables. Aside from V12 the other 3 improved so much and much more playable. Earth Defense is starting to be one of those Dark Horse tables that I have been giving much more time with. Very deep table with the 10 different medals/missions. There were few multiballs I have never has a chance to get when playing ZP1.

The fact that all the tables have changed to an extent certainly makes up for the ease of PvZ. PvZ is a great table but I'm losing interest pretty fast.

Leave a comment:

• surf1der
    replied
    Thanks. I sent you a copy of the original word document. Use or don't use anything you want. I am hoping some of the other active message board members can contribute. Gathering info about mission complete bonuses, getting all the jack-in-the-box bonuses, etc., can be quite tedious. How do you do it?
    Last edited by surf1der; 09-07-2012, 08:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ShoryukenToTheChin
    replied
    Originally posted by surf1der View Post
    Snip
    Awesome work m8.

Leave a comment:

• 75hDeadMan
    replied
    This is such a beautiful table. Great art and sound work, which is why it's a shame that it's so easy. I agree with many early posts. I've only played two full games and that feels like enough for a long time. Games are just so insanely long with the easy ball saves/multiball/extra balls and there's not much real reward other then doing wizard mode. Beautiful table though.

Leave a comment:

• surf1der
    replied
    Table guide

I made a quick table guide in google docs for PvZ for those having trouble understanding the table mechanics. Shory makes great guides but it always takes awhile before zen puts them up so I made this one. If you have ever played the real popcap PvZ game, it probably wasn't too difficult to figure out. This is geared more towards those who have never played it. I haven't really proofread it or verified that everything listed is completely accurate (in regards to point values, correct names for missions, correct names for Twiddydinks, etc.). Furthermore, it is incomplete in certain areas. Therefore, I have made it editable to anyone. I think we have a great community, but I will say this anyway. Please don't deface the doc, put in useless or inaccurate info, or delete anything unless you are sure it is inaccurate. I am sure some of things I have put in here are inaccurate, specifically those things I have put question marks next to. It is a rough draft but I spent about 1-2 hrs gathering info and writing it. So please, the last thing we need is a bunch of people adding inaccurate info to it. That being said, feel free to make changes that you think will improve the guide for others. I haven't included anything about the 3 multiball modes (except for the going nuts mission) because I haven't figured out how much you earn for jackpots/superjackpots or how to increase the value of jackpots. I included a brief summary of skillshot/super skillshot but left out any hints about plunger strength to hit specific spillways. I have gotten to the Zomboss final mission but haven't beaten him so feel free to edit that. Enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...5VoenGKS0/edit
    Last edited by surf1der; 09-07-2012, 06:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Michelasso
    replied
    That won't last long. I still haven't played the table yet (too late last night) and neither has the "Pinball Mafia".
    Actually it is the "French Pinball Mafia". I know because I created the term. Pretty cool, ah?

BTW were are they? I've seen Mammoth somewhere in a table. Otherwise the desert.

Anyway, back to PvZ, I scored 400+ million points and I have no clue about what I was doing. It is a multiball after another. Some missions popped out from nowhere. And the shop, what's the best item to buy?

Leave a comment:

• shogun00
    replied
    Originally posted by caper_26 View Post
    V12 - yeah, I think it is like 100 tire ramp shots in total or something crazy, but it doesnt take THAT long. Upgrading ALL parts, now THAT was time consuming...
    I actually go after the suspension. It's the most easiest for me, since I'm not that good at grinding.

To hit the suspension targets, just do a bank shot off of the kickback/ballsave targets.

During the suspension mode, all you need to do is hit the six pop-up targets. Each level increase the speed of the suspension, but you hit the same amount of targets in each round.

Leave a comment:

• caper_26
    replied
    V12 - yeah, I think it is like 100 tire ramp shots in total or something crazy, but it doesnt take THAT long. Upgrading ALL parts, now THAT was time consuming...

Leave a comment:

• shogun00
    replied
    Originally posted by Rafie View Post
    Hehe I'll say you'll be done by the end of the weekend, Shogun. If not before it.
    I wouldn't go that far. There are a few trophies that are going to be rather time consuming. Both Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (collect 30 crystal skulls) and Epic Quest (acquire the Epic Armor) have cumulative trophies, where you need to play 30 or so games before you meet the objective.

Not to mention, some tables have very time consuming silver trophies. It's going to take a while for me to complete V12 (upgrade one part to the max), Shaman (start up the wizard mode), El Dorado (start up the wizard mode) and Thor (complete the wizard mode).

P.S. Play the Blade table. The ramp and orbit shots are much easier to hit and the Night Mode got a major graphical face life (light reflections).
    Last edited by shogun00; 09-07-2012, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RabidShark
    replied
    i like the new feel "But" there should be a hard mode with separate scoreboard it feels comfortable as is for me but i can definitely see some wanting it to be harder now something funny at an attempt to stay on topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcsD...ure=plpp_video

Leave a comment:

• Rafie
    replied
    I pretty much overkilled a few of the tables. On Iron Man, I was able to get both trophies, beat Ultimo and top my all time high score in my first game.

The same thing happened in Blade, Mars, and World War Hulk (not the high score part).

On Earth Defense, I got 9 of the 10 medal in my first game. It's really easy now, since failed ramp shots no longer do an instant SDTM.
    Man I wish I could do all of that. I haven't even touched Blade yet and I wanna finish WWH and my most challenging one, Fear Itself! Beating all of the Worthy and Skadi is difficult for me. I didn't beat Skadi on the 360 version, but I did manage to beat the Worthy. It was damn HARD for me. LOL I'm going to finish what I couldn't in MP and ZP. I have to. I see you're doing really well. You got most of the trophies already. I'm doing them on both the PS3 and Vita simultaneously. It's a lot of work, but fun at the same time. The scores that I get on the Vita counts on the PS3 I see, but not the trophies. Hehe I'll say you'll be done by the end of the weekend, Shogun. If not before it.

Leave a comment:

• shogun00
    replied
    Originally posted by Rafie View Post
    That's exactly what I'm doing. I don't really care about the score right now. I just want to do an initial run through them and grab a few trophies on the way. Surprisingly, my first run (only 1 time) on Iron Man, Thor, AND Earth Defense I almost made it to wizard mode. Well not Iron Man, but I grabbed the Tony Stark trophy, but I definitely almost had Thor. 1 shot away from defeating him and I drained the ball getting too anxious. LOL I also got 7 medals on Earth Defense my first run as well. Don't know why I don't have a trophy yet for it. Hahaha I knew I would be spending more time on PS3 this time around with ZP2 here. I was on PBFX2 for a bit, but I'm back!
    I pretty much overkilled a few of the tables. On Iron Man, I was able to get both trophies, beat Ultimo and top my all time high score in my first game.

The same thing happened in Blade, Mars, and World War Hulk (not the high score part).

On Earth Defense, I got 9 of the 10 medal in my first game. It's really easy now, since failed ramp shots no longer do an instant SDTM.

Leave a comment:

• Rafie
    replied
    I have only played the table once so far and I almost defeated the wizard mode on my first attempt. I'll go back to it over the weekend.

Right now, I'm just focusing on playing all of the tables (6 more to go) at least once and try to at least grab one of the two trophies for each table.
    That's exactly what I'm doing. I don't really care about the score right now. I just want to do an initial run through them and grab a few trophies on the way. Surprisingly, my first run (only 1 time) on Iron Man, Thor, AND Earth Defense I almost made it to wizard mode. Well not Iron Man, but I grabbed the Tony Stark trophy, but I definitely almost had Thor. 1 shot away from defeating him and I drained the ball getting too anxious. LOL I also got 7 medals on Earth Defense my first run as well. Don't know why I don't have a trophy yet for it. Hahaha I knew I would be spending more time on PS3 this time around with ZP2 here. I was on PBFX2 for a bit, but I'm back!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X