etc.
    sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Originally posted by Rafie View Post
      I wouldn't object to a sports themed table. Not at all! Anything Zen makes is pretty much golden. I am one of the few who isn't complaining about their "cutesy" tables as of late. Still very well designed tables and awesome at that.
      It's not that I don't like the cutesy tables. I do. I just want some blood and guts and metal to go along with it
      PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Comment

I'd prefer sports themes that have more to them than a bunch of guys chasing after a ball. Baseball, football, basketball, and soccer bore me to tears, so that would be a pack I'd NEVER buy.

I'd enjoy less mainstream and more varied sports. A bowling table would be fun. It could include things like pin-related minigames, and the lanes lend themselves to ramps. A luge themed table could be awesome with a fast moving ball and multiple tracks. Jai alai could make for a fascinating and challenging table. Track and field is filled with events and equipment that could produce a memorable table: the racing lanes, hurdles, pole vault, long jump, shotput, etc. Road cycling would make a surprisingly good fit. Would love to see how a descent in the Alps or Pyranees would translate into a table. Minigolf would create a more engaging table for me than regular golf.

I like to get my blood and guts from killing zombies, aliens, and mythological creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
          Low licensing fees? Where are you getting that? If you saw how much we paid for Marvel licensing, you'd barf.
          Heh. I sit corrected, then. But that might explain why half of the tables are Marvel based - if you paid a flat fee to use the Marvel universe, you'd need a lot of them to offset the cost.

"Barf?" River City Ransom pinball table, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
            It's not that I don't like the cutesy tables. I do. I just want some blood and guts and metal to go along with it
            Oh I wasn't raining on ya. Oh and trust me...I would love to see some blood and gore to go along with some of these tables. Hahaha An X-rated table. Well..PG-13 at least!
            PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
            Gamertag- RAFIE82
            YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
            Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

Originally posted by Peridot Weapon View Post
              Heh. I sit corrected, then. But that might explain why half of the tables are Marvel based - if you paid a flat fee to use the Marvel universe, you'd need a lot of them to offset the cost.
              It wasn't a flat fee, licensing is a bit more complicated than that... but I won't get into it

Originally posted by Rafie View Post
              Oh I wasn't raining on ya. Oh and trust me...I would love to see some blood and gore to go along with some of these tables. Hahaha An X-rated table. Well..PG-13 at least!
              The way our game is set up doesn't really allow us to add the "blood & guts" or even PG 13 stuff without changing the ratings of the whole game, unfortunately.

Comment

The way our game is set up doesn't really allow us to add the "blood & guts" or even PG 13 stuff without changing the ratings of the whole game, unfortunately.
                More like the way the ESRB is set up.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                  More like the way the ESRB is set up.
                  Well that, and that all of our content is DLC, and if one piece is rated a certain way, the whole thing gets that rating. That's why we stick to E.

Comment

Well that, and that all of our content is DLC, and if one piece is rated a certain way, the whole thing gets that rating. That's why we stick to E.
                    **Look at giant rating splash page at beginning of game**

E-10 to precise.

Comment

Well come on lets face it most of us that play this are in our 30's to 40's playing in the bedroom at our parents home. So the age rating thing can go out of the window.

Comment

I guess that would kill the Archer idea. I believe Archer has a TV MA rating and I am fairly certain that doesn't correspond with a E game rating. I supposed you could take out all the sex, booze, smoking, drugs, and guns but then you are left with Get Smart and not Archer. I hope I'm not showing my age with the Get Smart reference. Though I suppose a Get Smart table would be pretty fun too. Though if you needed fresh voice acting that could be a problem since Don Adams passed away a few years ago. Not sure about Barbra Feldon but she has got to be in her 80s by now. For those who don't know Get Smart, it is like Inspector Gadget. In fact, Don Adams was the V.A. for Inspector Gadget. For those who don't know Inspector Gadget or Get Smart, it is like Inspector Clouseau of the the Pink Panther series. If you don't know about Get Smart, Inspector Gadget, or Pink Panther, I feel sorry for you and you need to get Netflix.

Actually, any of Mel Brooks work would be awesome for tables as well as . Blazing Saddles, 2000 yr old man, Space Balls, Young Frankenstein, History of the World, etc. Monty Python would work as well.
                        Last edited by surf1der; 09-11-2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                          **Look at giant rating splash page at beginning of game**

E-10 to precise.
                          Just regular old E on PFX2, though.. wonder why that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Casio View Post
                            Well come on lets face it most of us that play this are in our 30's to 40's playing in the bedroom at our parents home. So the age rating thing can go out of the window.
                            So you can see everyone that is playing the game at any time!? How do you do is Casio?? Haha I'm just messing with you We want our games to be accessible to everyone, not just the older crowd who plays for the nostalgia factor, but the younger people who might not have ever been able to play a pinball machine in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by surf1der View Post
                              I guess that would kill the Archer idea. I believe Archer has a TV MA rating and I am fairly certain that doesn't correspond with a E game rating.
                              That didn't stop them from making the Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 table, where the original game is rated M.

Comment

Shogun,

My point was that if you make an Archer table an "E" table, you will probably need to take away everything that makes the show funny. It is an animated series geared towards a more adult audience and virtually all of the jokes and themes are not "kid-friendly."

Comment

Working...
                                X