X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peridot Weapon
    replied
    Originally posted by hunter328 View Post
    Thank you P.W. for taking the time to figure that out and letting us know. I appreciate it. And to think way back when I was one of those kids in math class that would ask, "When would I ever need to know how to do this in real life?)
    And yet, I STILL hate math in its day-to-day applications.

But give me some random game-related formula to figure out and I'll concentrate on that more than the game. Like how I had to determine the "Gold Star" formula in Rock Band ... three different times, because with each new game, they tweaked with the formula slightly.

Of course, my head is full of so many obscure situational-specific facts there's not enough room left for USEFUL information. Heh.

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    You are right! I checked, it is a percentage based on rank, just like you showed. A+ for you!
    Now if I could just convince Magneto to stop being an [expletive deleted], it'd be a good evening. I swear, every time I complete one of the 2-ball multiball missions against him, one ball is hitting the final target just as the other ball is draining, resulting in an instant ball loss. Bleah.

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by Peridot Weapon View Post
    It's pretty much exactly what I guessed earlier on in this thread.

Your Pro Score for each table = 1000 - ([Table Rank / Players] * 1,000).

I tested this on all 26 tables, and it matched the Pro Score I had listed in-game (or was off by, at most, a single point).

Like The Avengers: My rank was 350, the number of players was 10,750, the game says my Pro Score is 968.
    1000 - ([350 / 10,750] * 1000)
    1000 - ([0.032558] * 1000)
    1000 - (32.558) = 967.442.
    Close enough to 968 for my book.

Doesn't explain why some players have total Pro Scores that are greater than the sum of their parts, but since I've seen it's possible for a player to briefly have two separate scores on the same Leaderboard at the same time, if their overall Pro Score is refreshed based off of that data at that very instant, it might be giving them more than 1000 points of score from a single table. (Don't know if that's a PERMANENT increase or if they'll lose those extra points the next time they play that particular table.) That's an "airy theory" that I can't really prove, though.

But since the Pro Score formula listed above worked on every example I threw at it, I'm pretty confident that it's correct.
    You are right! I checked, it is a percentage based on rank, just like you showed. A+ for you!

Leave a comment:

• hunter328
    replied
    Thank you P.W. for taking the time to figure that out and letting us know. I appreciate it. And to think way back when I was one of those kids in math class that would ask, "When would I ever need to know how to do this in real life?)

Leave a comment:

• Peridot Weapon
    replied
    It's pretty much exactly what I guessed earlier on in this thread.

Your Pro Score for each table = 1000 - ([Table Rank / Players] * 1,000).

I tested this on all 26 tables, and it matched the Pro Score I had listed in-game (or was off by, at most, a single point).

Like The Avengers: My rank was 350, the number of players was 10,750, the game says my Pro Score is 968.
    1000 - ([350 / 10,750] * 1000)
    1000 - ([0.032558] * 1000)
    1000 - (32.558) = 967.442.
    Close enough to 968 for my book.

Doesn't explain why some players have total Pro Scores that are greater than the sum of their parts, but since I've seen it's possible for a player to briefly have two separate scores on the same Leaderboard at the same time, if their overall Pro Score is refreshed based off of that data at that very instant, it might be giving them more than 1000 points of score from a single table. (Don't know if that's a PERMANENT increase or if they'll lose those extra points the next time they play that particular table.) That's an "airy theory" that I can't really prove, though.

But since the Pro Score formula listed above worked on every example I threw at it, I'm pretty confident that it's correct.

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
    Pro Score (ZP2) does not equal Super Score (PFX2).

Please go into Zen Pinball 2 and look at the "How to Play" option in the main menu. It explains how the Pro Score works, but it doesn't explain on how it's being calculated.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Leave a comment:

• shogun00
    replied
    Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    My understanding of Superscore is that you just add together your highest score on each table and round it to the nearest million. So if you combine your high scores and get something like 500,190,321 your superscore would be 500. Make sense?
    Pro Score (ZP2) does not equal Super Score (PFX2).

Please go into Zen Pinball 2 and look at the "How to Play" option in the main menu. It explains how the Pro Score works, but it doesn't explain on how it's being calculated.

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by hunter328 View Post
    Barbie, I saw you posted above but didn't answer about how the scores are calculated so I'm guessing you don't know either. Would you be able to find out for us? Thank you!
    My understanding of Superscore is that you just add together your highest score on each table and round it to the nearest million. So if you combine your high scores and get something like 500,190,321 your superscore would be 500. Make sense?

Leave a comment:

• Peridot Weapon
    replied
    I've written down my Rank, Pro Score and Number of Players for each table (both for this project and so I'll know which tables I need to improve the most on).

I'll crunch the numbers when I have some time and see if there's some obvious correlation between how rapidly you lose points from your 1,000 Pro Score based off of rank and players. At first glance, it may be something similar to the formula I speculated on above, but I'll check to verify.

I also didn't realize my high score in Shaman was actually in the Top 100. Must have had a good fluke run that day! Whereas I gotta get my rear back to Blade, as I'm not even in the Top 2,000 on that!

I've also noticed that when I scored incredibly low (just trying to Tilt and end the table as quickly as possible so I could see my Pro Score), I'd often have a second high score at the very BOTTOM of the list. If the game sees these phantom scores and accidentally tallies both towards Pro Score, that might explain how people could have exceeded the maximum possible score of 26,000.
    Last edited by Peridot Weapon; 09-13-2012, 10:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• hunter328
    replied
    Barbie, I saw you posted above but didn't answer about how the scores are calculated so I'm guessing you don't know either. Would you be able to find out for us? Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Peridot Weapon
    replied
    Originally posted by Metalzoic View Post
    I was thinking there was more to it because There is a guy on my List that has a Pro score of around 22000, but as far as I can tell he hasn't even played 22 tables... let alone placed in the top 1% on each one.
    Well, just to put it in perspective, I'm only Rank #375 on Plants VS Zombies at the moment, but still have 970 Pro Score from that performance. Getting 900+ Pro Score is fairly easy, especially in the more popular tables.

If I can believe the Vita (which makes it very easy to "speed scroll" to the bottom of the high score lists), there are about 12,500 people who have submitted scores for that table - so the "bell curve" is definitely biased towards giving high Pro Score values without needing a Top 100 performance.

The least-played table at the moment seems to be Sorcerer's Lair (with under 5,000 scores). I'm Rank #391 on that table and that's only worth 919 Pro Score, so as expected you'll get more points for a similar rank if more people have played the table.

Leave a comment:

• Metalzoic
    replied
    Originally posted by Peridot Weapon View Post
    Technically, ALL tables you've ever played you're in the Top 100%.

The in-game guide doesn't make reference to any "bonus" points being possible, and I certainly haven't seen any in my own experiences with the 26 tables I have. (Not that my performances have been Top 10 worthy or anything like that!)

The maximum possible should be 1,000 Pro Score per table, which currently would be 26,000. The only ways to score higher would be having more tables (or some sort of glitch where the game thinks you have 27 or more). With only a single player breaking that plateau, it seems more likely to be an error than a deliberate bonus.

[Edit: On the other hand, now that a SECOND person has an impossible score, I don't even know anymore. ]
    I was thinking there was more to it because There is a guy on my List that has a Pro score of around 22000, but as far as I can tell he hasn't even played 22 tables... let alone placed in the top 1% on each one.

*shrugstuzki-bunny-emoticon-026.gif

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeppo99 View Post
    Is the F4 table out in some parts of the world? That's all I can think of.
    Fantastic Four is not out on Zen Pinball 2 yet, it needed some extra work before we can release it. Should be out soon though!

Leave a comment:

• Jeppo99
    replied
    Is the F4 table out in some parts of the world? That's all I can think of.

Leave a comment:

• Peridot Weapon
    replied
    Originally posted by Metalzoic View Post
    I don't think 26000 is the ceiling.
    I'm pretty sure there is something else feeding into that. Maybe multipliers or additional points for how many tables you're in the top 10% how many in the top 100% etc...
    Technically, ALL tables you've ever played you're in the Top 100%.

The in-game guide doesn't make reference to any "bonus" points being possible, and I certainly haven't seen any in my own experiences with the 26 tables I have. (Not that my performances have been Top 10 worthy or anything like that!)

The maximum possible should be 1,000 Pro Score per table, which currently would be 26,000. The only ways to score higher would be having more tables (or some sort of glitch where the game thinks you have 27 or more). With only a single player breaking that plateau, it seems more likely to be an error than a deliberate bonus.

[Edit: On the other hand, now that a SECOND person has an impossible score, I don't even know anymore. ]
    Last edited by Peridot Weapon; 09-11-2012, 11:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jeppo99
    replied
    I always thought it was the 1000 - (Rank / No. Players) * 1000 formula, but I've just noticed there is a player with over 26,000 points. Considering there's only 26 tables available at the moment, that should be impossible... shouldn't it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X