Pro Pinball is trying again!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Pinball is trying again!!!!

If you go to the general thread (https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...l-announcement) you will find the same I'm talking but I think that now zp2 is out, the most visited thread will be this. So I posted here and more people will see this.

The people behind Pro Pinball series has recovered the rights of their tables and they are looking support throug kickstarter here:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...and-remastered

The aim is to do remakes of the well known four pro pinball tables and a new one.

They have a demo of lighting and it looks awesome. The table looks pretty real. They are still far from achieving enough money (400000$) and only there are 11 days to go. So I thought here at zen forums would be people interested in this project becoming real.

Come on! It is Timeshock!!!!!

pd: sorry for my English

PSN ID: twsh
    Steam ID: twsh

I had a chat with one of the reps over at FB and I gave then a really good suggestion that they are looking into.

Personally, there's no way they are going to make $400,000 with Kickstarter (I say $100,000 at best). However, they could make some extra cash by selling the PS1 versions of the tables/games on the PS Store in the PS1 Classics section. I would definitely buy those.

Comment

Yes, I think so. You gave them a very good idea. I will buy the ps1 version too if there is any sometime. I just hope they can find some other way to finance the project.

Comment

I remember playing Fantastic Journey when I was a kid. I was about 11 or 12 at the time, and the relative who bought it for my birthday thought it was a platforming game. But it was the first pinball experience of any kind I've ever had. I was never any good at it though, but as I said, I was just a child.

Anyways, I'm glad that they are resurrecting the franchise. It was a good table from what I remember and I have played many hours on it.
        PSN: Jeppo99
        Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Comment

Last night I contributed in kickstarter. Like shogun00 I don't think they achieve the amount they need but I think it is worth contributing. May they find a way to fund the project.

Comment

What Shogun suggested is actually a pretty good marketing ploy, if all else fails. They can achieve it that way. I would certainly buy it. I never played Pro Pinball before, but if legendary table designers like Pat Lawlor made tables for it...then it has to be epic!
            PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
            Gamertag- RAFIE82
            YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
            Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

Originally posted by Rafie View Post
              What Shogun suggested is actually a pretty good marketing ploy, if all else fails. They can achieve it that way. I would certainly buy it. I never played Pro Pinball before, but if legendary table designers like Pat Lawlor made tables for it...then it has to be epic!
              I'll say and not to mention the PS1 versions would be playable on the PS3, PSP and PS Vita. That's quite a bit of exposure with very little effort needed. It would definitely get word around and on the content description, they could mention that all proceeds will be going toward the Pro Pinball reboot.

Comment

I remember paying $20 for the Timeshock table back in the day. Pledged $15 for this, although it's looking pretty grim.

Interestingly, we were trying to get the licenses for these tables years ago, back when Empire Interactive owned them and was still in business. Pinball FX 1 era.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitude View Post
                  I remember paying $20 for the Timeshock table back in the day. Pledged $15 for this, although it's looking pretty grim.

Interestingly, we were trying to get the licenses for these tables years ago, back when Empire Interactive owned them and was still in business. Pinball FX 1 era.
                  I unfortunately don't have the money at all to pledge for anything these days. That said, as much as I love Zen pinball over TPA, I would say hire the guys that did the Physics of that software. By far the best I have ever seen.

Again love Zen's originality but would love to have a more realistic experience as far as ball physics. I guess you can keep the small space between flippers to keep the 'arcade' feel but the ball control should be more on the lines of what pro pinball has accomplished. Just a minor gripe though. That and I think those that like the authentic pinball feel and will steer clear from Zen tables, it could bring those players back. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by tenorhero View Post
                    I unfortunately don't have the money at all to pledge for anything these days. That said, as much as I love Zen pinball over TPA, I would say hire the guys that did the Physics of that software. By far the best I have ever seen.

Again love Zen's originality but would love to have a more realistic experience as far as ball physics. I guess you can keep the small space between flippers to keep the 'arcade' feel but the ball control should be more on the lines of what pro pinball has accomplished. Just a minor gripe though. That and I think those that like the authentic pinball feel and will steer clear from Zen tables, it could bring those players back. Just a thought.
                    Gotta agree with tenorhero! I guess each company is good in a different way.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitude View Post

Interesting. Can you tell us more things about that?

Comment

Wow! I really hope they get back into the business.

Timeshock has gotten me into Videopinball and I've spent more hours on that table than on any other.

Eventhough it's kind of crazy that I paid full retail price back then (something like 40 €) and nowadays I get a table for 2,50 € (thanks to ZEN *g*).

Comment

Originally posted by twsh View Post
                          Interesting. Can you tell us more things about that?
                          No, sorry. (mostly because I wasn't directly involved in those talks)

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                            I had a chat with one of the reps over at FB and I gave then a really good suggestion that they are looking into.

Personally, there's no way they are going to make $400,000 with Kickstarter (I say $100,000 at best). However, they could make some extra cash by selling the PS1 versions of the tables/games on the PS Store in the PS1 Classics section. I would definitely buy those.
                            that is a vary good idea and would grab it as well for sure i really hope they get their foot in the door
                            the lighting looks vary nice
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SLl2rJgyzc&feature=plcp

Comment

The Pro Pinball guys are trying to get the game on Steam through Greenlight. Get yourself over there and give it the thumbs up. Just think if it gets greenlit, future console and tablet/phone releases, NEW TABLES!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=93991209

Comment

Working...
                              X