Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Marvel Table to be announced at New York Comic Con!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rafie
    replied
    Originally posted by RabidShark View Post
    so its civil war then hmm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CS0OQhmeskk

i also had to look up civil war comic and what it was about because i knew nothing about it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_%28comics%29

Now don't get me wrong it looks vary good and will be getting it for sure but i am hoping for more Original concepts like Tesla, Paranormal, Earth Defense, Epic Quest, and also tables based off of production companies and studios of games like Street Fighter II, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and of course the newly released Plants vs. Zombies.

i just feel like we have tons of marvel tables already But if zen studios increased in size and is able to do both marvel and Original concept tables then that's just Super that just means more from the best of both worlds..

i vary much look forward to playing civil war when it comes out
    Dude if you have a chance to read the actual series before the table releases, then you'll see why this table was a MUST!!! You can read it online or even go to YouTube and read it there. It's awesome.

Leave a comment:

• RabidShark
    replied
    so its civil war then hmm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CS0OQhmeskk

i also had to look up civil war comic and what it was about because i knew nothing about it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_%28comics%29

Now don't get me wrong it looks vary good and will be getting it for sure but i am hoping for more Original concepts like Tesla, Paranormal, Earth Defense, Epic Quest, and also tables based off of production companies and studios of games like Street Fighter II, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and of course the newly released Plants vs. Zombies.

i just feel like we have tons of marvel tables already But if zen studios increased in size and is able to do both marvel and Original concept tables then that's just Super that just means more from the best of both worlds..

i vary much look forward to playing civil war when it comes out

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by Boulderdash View Post
    I'm sorry, I should be ashamed
    Haha no I was saying that meeting would look extremely nerdy!

Leave a comment:

• Boulderdash
    replied
    Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Extremely nerdy
    I'm sorry, I should be ashamed

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by boulderdash View Post
    :d picture a meeting between zen studios and the marvel cast about some new marvel tables.
    Extremely nerdy

Leave a comment:

• Boulderdash
    replied
    Picture a meeting between Zen studios and the Marvel cast about some new Marvel tables.

Leave a comment:

• Bearded_Warrior
    replied
    Originally posted by Boulderdash View Post
    AHA! That's why Hulk shows up in multiple tables (otherwise Hulk smash! during meetings)
    And don't tell me Wolverine is there for serving biscuits and coffee. He would make such a mess as I can imagine.

I hope Deadpool can make it to the next meeting... He might have some great ideas
    I'm...confused. I'm assuming something was lost in translation

Leave a comment:

• Boulderdash
    replied
    Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    We both decide which characters & story arcs to use. They wanted to highlight Thanos (this is pretty obvious why if you've seen the Avengers movie), so we did an Infinity Gauntlet table (and it was requested quite a bit from you guys, so we were more than happy to oblige). When we said we wanted to do a Moon Knight table they hesitated, but were fine with it once they saw our ideas for the table. So as you can see it depends on our designs, what is requested and what is going on in the Marvel Universe
    AHA! That's why Hulk shows up in multiple tables (otherwise Hulk smash! during meetings)
    And don't tell me Wolverine is there for serving biscuits and coffee. He would make such a mess as I can imagine.

I hope Deadpool can make it to the next meeting... He might have some great ideas
    Last edited by Boulderdash; 10-16-2012, 01:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by sui99 View Post
    I believe this is a MARVEL issue. I'm not a comic fan, not even a regular reader but I read somewhere that recent MARVEL events where mostly centered around Captain America, Ironman and their closer followers.

I also don't know how the cooperation between ZEN and MARVEL works. But I'm involved in marketing myself and whenever I establish crossover cooperations it's usually all about promotion. So, there's the possibility that MARVEL can "dictate" (to some degree) which table themes are supposed to be released and which characters shall be featured. (in order to promote their comics / movies)

But that's just me, wildly guessing.

As long as the tables are fun I can't care less about the characters. Best example is Fear Itself. I have no idea what's going on storywise and I don't know any of the characters but it's still my favorite table.
    We both decide which characters & story arcs to use. They wanted to highlight Thanos (this is pretty obvious why if you've seen the Avengers movie), so we did an Infinity Gauntlet table (and it was requested quite a bit from you guys, so we were more than happy to oblige). When we said we wanted to do a Moon Knight table they hesitated, but were fine with it once they saw our ideas for the table. So as you can see it depends on our designs, what is requested and what is going on in the Marvel Universe

Leave a comment:

• sui99
    replied
    Originally posted by Casio View Post
    This will go against the grain of the die hards here but seriously how many more times can you milk Captain America and Iron Man on us.
    Sure its a slick looking table but its becoming staid trudging over the same old characters on table after table.
    I believe this is a MARVEL issue. I'm not a comic fan, not even a regular reader but I read somewhere that recent MARVEL events where mostly centered around Captain America, Ironman and their closer followers.

I also don't know how the cooperation between ZEN and MARVEL works. But I'm involved in marketing myself and whenever I establish crossover cooperations it's usually all about promotion. So, there's the possibility that MARVEL can "dictate" (to some degree) which table themes are supposed to be released and which characters shall be featured. (in order to promote their comics / movies)

But that's just me, wildly guessing.

As long as the tables are fun I can't care less about the characters. Best example is Fear Itself. I have no idea what's going on storywise and I don't know any of the characters but it's still my favorite table.

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by Kemetman View Post
    Civil War can't wait....I have a question on why Marvel tables are 2.49 and a popcap table is 2.99....Marvel is way more of a juggernaut business then Popcap is....but maybe that's why.
    You guys make the best tables and can't wait for the new table. Such talented folk. And BB you are the best PR person in niceness and timeliness I have ever seen. Thanks.
    I'm not sure why they are different prices.

And thanks for the compliment

Leave a comment:

• Casio
    replied
    This will go against the grain of the die hards here but seriously how many more times can you milk Captain America and Iron Man on us.
    Sure its a slick looking table but its becoming staid trudging over the same old characters on table after table.

Leave a comment:

• Bearded_Warrior
    replied
    Originally posted by pinballfreak69 View Post
    be honest have you all over there at Zen considered making any of the tables in the suggestion table tread.
    Dude, I specifically asked them to make an Infinity Gauntlet table and they did as a direct result of that. Dreams do come true, you just have to believe

Leave a comment:

• shogun00
    replied
    Originally posted by Peridot Weapon View Post
    Well, if you look at prior history, both the original Marvel Pinball 4-pack as well as Vengeance and Virtue were released mid-December. I think they realize that November isn't a good time to try and release something and have it be really visible - it'll get lost in the flood of "gotta have our game out for Black Friday to sell at $60 before it drops to $19.99 three months later" holiday releases.
    History is a good thing to look back at, but remember that there have been some recent changes to that history this year. The biggest change was the release of a platform called Zen Pinball 2. All a person needs to do is start up the game and they will see the following.

1.) A new patch/update notice. **download patch**
    2.) A new table icon (Civil War) on the main menu.

It's not like Marvel Pinball, where the only way a casual fan knew about new tables was by looking at the add-ons section.
    Last edited by shogun00; 10-15-2012, 05:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shogun00
    replied
    Originally posted by pinballfreak69 View Post
    How is that not logical ok yes BLACK OPS 2 is 60 bucks and the tables that Zen create are are cheap especially after all the work Zen puts into these tables,but thats not my fault.
    Different games, different genres and that usually means different audiences. Releasing out the table the same day as Black Ops 2 is not going to affect sales that much.

Like I said before, there are many gamers out there that don't care for FPSs or the Call of Duty series. I'm one of those people.

Plus, I have a hard time believing that you can't shell out an extra $3 to buy the table after shelling out $60 to buy Black Ops 2. Sure you may not play Civil War right away, but that doesn't mean you are never going to buy and play it.
    Last edited by shogun00; 10-16-2012, 02:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X