Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Marvel Table to be announced at New York Comic Con!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The FPS genre has become so stale. Can't believe folks still play those. I am looking forward to Civil War though.

Comment

CNN headline: "Call of Duty gets heavy competition from pinball table platform add-on. Who will win this holiday season?"

I knew Zen was going big with the release of Zen Pinball 2. Now that we know the date that was randomly suggested to Zen by some users on this forum, it's become clear to me that Zen is aiming for direct competition with Activision's biggest franchise. The overlap and price of these two games can not be interpreted any other way. EA had some mild success with BF3, but I think Zen's strategy of going in this whole new pinbally downloadable add-on direction for the genre might work out even greater.
      Last edited by parathod; 10-15-2012, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorktron2000 View Post
        The FPS genre has become so stale. Can't believe folks still play those. I am looking forward to Civil War though.
        Doom 2 is still fun every now an then. That game does deserve a pinball table
        Last edited by Boulderdash; 10-15-2012, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Yes it is

Originally posted by devilmosh View Post
          pinballfreak69, I really don't think it's logical to put a table that costs a few bucks up against a $60 retail game. It won't matter one bit if they come out at the same time.
          How is that not logical ok yes BLACK OPS 2 is 60 bucks and the tables that Zen create are are cheap especially after all the work Zen puts into these tables,but thats not my fault. I was just saying about the release date BLACK OPS 2 comes out Nov13th and if Zen brings out the table that week i am so on BLACK OPS 2 not on the new table. Just to many Marvel tables not any new non Marvel tables. Plus World War Hulk,and now a civil war table almost feels like we are in a loop here with War based Marvel tables. Give us a Ghostbusters, Back To The Future, GOW, just some new material. If that were to happen I would pay 60 bucks for tables of that magnitude. I am a big Zen fan and appreciate all the work they do for bringing pinball back but its just like a old 45 record with a crack in it just want see something new.

Comment

Cool

Originally posted by parathod View Post
            CNN headline: "Call of Duty gets heavy competition from pinball table platform add-on. Who will win this holiday season?"

I knew Zen was going big with the release of Zen Pinball 2. Now that we know the date that was randomly suggested to Zen by some users on this forum, it's become clear to me that Zen is aiming for direct competition with Activision's biggest franchise. The overlap and price of these two games can not be interpreted any other way. EA had some mild success with BF3, but I think Zen's strategy of going in this whole new pinbally downloadable add-on direction for the genre might work out even greater.
            LOL BLACK OPS 2 is going to win I am sorry if some are not into FPS fans but since I do love Zen pinball and there flea market prices for add-ons heres a idea. How about a pinball based themed table as BLACK OPS 1 or 2 COD like in a multiplayer mode and earn a score streaks to earn a EMP to disable your opponents table which could help you and hurt them or earn a Chopper gunner that might distroy a flipper bummpers or putting a claymore down and if a ball hits it BOOM now thats fun and that might change your mind on FPS and bring the house down with awesomeness. But this table would be strictly multiplayer which I would love to see some strictly based only multiplayer tables

Comment

Well, if you look at prior history, both the original Marvel Pinball 4-pack as well as Vengeance and Virtue were released mid-December. I think they realize that November isn't a good time to try and release something and have it be really visible - it'll get lost in the flood of "gotta have our game out for Black Friday to sell at $60 before it drops to $19.99 three months later" holiday releases.

Being a virtual release, it wouldn't really get any benefits from a pre-Thanksgiving release. Whereas if they release it a week or two before the holidays, it's still likely to have front-page visibility on the PS3 store so all those people who got PSN gift cards can direct their $2.99 in the proper direction.

Given prior history and marketing logic, I'm expecting a release around December 11th. But I have a one-in-two chance of being wrong 50% of the time, so who knows.

Comment

You can see and download screenshots on http://www.marvelpinball.com/press.html
                French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boulderdash View Post
                  Doom 2 is still fun every now an then. That game does deserve a pinball table
                  THIS. haha, this is one of the few brands i would love to do zen do a pin for. but if you really want boulder... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9AxpBPO3z4

Comment

Civil War can't wait....I have a question on why Marvel tables are 2.49 and a popcap table is 2.99....Marvel is way more of a juggernaut business then Popcap is....but maybe that's why.
                    You guys make the best tables and can't wait for the new table. Such talented folk. And BB you are the best PR person in niceness and timeliness I have ever seen. Thanks.
                    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Comment

• Originally posted by 75hDeadMan View Post
                      THIS. haha, this is one of the few brands i would love to do zen do a pin for. but if you really want boulder... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9AxpBPO3z4
                      Not bad But I challenge Zen to top this version

Comment

• Originally posted by pinballfreak69 View Post
                        How is that not logical ok yes BLACK OPS 2 is 60 bucks and the tables that Zen create are are cheap especially after all the work Zen puts into these tables,but thats not my fault.
                        Different games, different genres and that usually means different audiences. Releasing out the table the same day as Black Ops 2 is not going to affect sales that much.

Like I said before, there are many gamers out there that don't care for FPSs or the Call of Duty series. I'm one of those people.

Plus, I have a hard time believing that you can't shell out an extra $3 to buy the table after shelling out $60 to buy Black Ops 2. Sure you may not play Civil War right away, but that doesn't mean you are never going to buy and play it.
                        Last edited by shogun00; 10-16-2012, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peridot Weapon View Post
                          Well, if you look at prior history, both the original Marvel Pinball 4-pack as well as Vengeance and Virtue were released mid-December. I think they realize that November isn't a good time to try and release something and have it be really visible - it'll get lost in the flood of "gotta have our game out for Black Friday to sell at $60 before it drops to $19.99 three months later" holiday releases.
                          History is a good thing to look back at, but remember that there have been some recent changes to that history this year. The biggest change was the release of a platform called Zen Pinball 2. All a person needs to do is start up the game and they will see the following.

1.) A new patch/update notice. **download patch**
                          2.) A new table icon (Civil War) on the main menu.

It's not like Marvel Pinball, where the only way a casual fan knew about new tables was by looking at the add-ons section.
                          Last edited by shogun00; 10-15-2012, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinballfreak69 View Post
                            be honest have you all over there at Zen considered making any of the tables in the suggestion table tread.
                            Dude, I specifically asked them to make an Infinity Gauntlet table and they did as a direct result of that. Dreams do come true, you just have to believe
                            PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Comment

• This will go against the grain of the die hards here but seriously how many more times can you milk Captain America and Iron Man on us.
                              Sure its a slick looking table but its becoming staid trudging over the same old characters on table after table.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kemetman View Post
                                Civil War can't wait....I have a question on why Marvel tables are 2.49 and a popcap table is 2.99....Marvel is way more of a juggernaut business then Popcap is....but maybe that's why.
                                You guys make the best tables and can't wait for the new table. Such talented folk. And BB you are the best PR person in niceness and timeliness I have ever seen. Thanks.
                                I'm not sure why they are different prices.

And thanks for the compliment

Comment

Working...
                                X