Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Marvel Table to be announced at New York Comic Con!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Casio View Post
    This will go against the grain of the die hards here but seriously how many more times can you milk Captain America and Iron Man on us.
    Sure its a slick looking table but its becoming staid trudging over the same old characters on table after table.
    I believe this is a MARVEL issue. I'm not a comic fan, not even a regular reader but I read somewhere that recent MARVEL events where mostly centered around Captain America, Ironman and their closer followers.

I also don't know how the cooperation between ZEN and MARVEL works. But I'm involved in marketing myself and whenever I establish crossover cooperations it's usually all about promotion. So, there's the possibility that MARVEL can "dictate" (to some degree) which table themes are supposed to be released and which characters shall be featured. (in order to promote their comics / movies)

But that's just me, wildly guessing.

As long as the tables are fun I can't care less about the characters. Best example is Fear Itself. I have no idea what's going on storywise and I don't know any of the characters but it's still my favorite table.

Comment

• Originally posted by sui99 View Post
      I believe this is a MARVEL issue. I'm not a comic fan, not even a regular reader but I read somewhere that recent MARVEL events where mostly centered around Captain America, Ironman and their closer followers.

I also don't know how the cooperation between ZEN and MARVEL works. But I'm involved in marketing myself and whenever I establish crossover cooperations it's usually all about promotion. So, there's the possibility that MARVEL can "dictate" (to some degree) which table themes are supposed to be released and which characters shall be featured. (in order to promote their comics / movies)

But that's just me, wildly guessing.

As long as the tables are fun I can't care less about the characters. Best example is Fear Itself. I have no idea what's going on storywise and I don't know any of the characters but it's still my favorite table.
      We both decide which characters & story arcs to use. They wanted to highlight Thanos (this is pretty obvious why if you've seen the Avengers movie), so we did an Infinity Gauntlet table (and it was requested quite a bit from you guys, so we were more than happy to oblige). When we said we wanted to do a Moon Knight table they hesitated, but were fine with it once they saw our ideas for the table. So as you can see it depends on our designs, what is requested and what is going on in the Marvel Universe

Comment

• Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
        We both decide which characters & story arcs to use. They wanted to highlight Thanos (this is pretty obvious why if you've seen the Avengers movie), so we did an Infinity Gauntlet table (and it was requested quite a bit from you guys, so we were more than happy to oblige). When we said we wanted to do a Moon Knight table they hesitated, but were fine with it once they saw our ideas for the table. So as you can see it depends on our designs, what is requested and what is going on in the Marvel Universe
        AHA! That's why Hulk shows up in multiple tables (otherwise Hulk smash! during meetings)
        And don't tell me Wolverine is there for serving biscuits and coffee. He would make such a mess as I can imagine.

I hope Deadpool can make it to the next meeting... He might have some great ideas
        Last edited by Boulderdash; 10-16-2012, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boulderdash View Post
          AHA! That's why Hulk shows up in multiple tables (otherwise Hulk smash! during meetings)
          And don't tell me Wolverine is there for serving biscuits and coffee. He would make such a mess as I can imagine.

I hope Deadpool can make it to the next meeting... He might have some great ideas
          I'm...confused. I'm assuming something was lost in translation
          PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Comment

• Picture a meeting between Zen studios and the Marvel cast about some new Marvel tables.

Comment

• Originally posted by boulderdash View Post
              :d picture a meeting between zen studios and the marvel cast about some new marvel tables.
              Extremely nerdy

Comment

• Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                Extremely nerdy
                I'm sorry, I should be ashamed

Comment

• Originally posted by Boulderdash View Post
                  I'm sorry, I should be ashamed
                  Haha no I was saying that meeting would look extremely nerdy!

Comment

• so its civil war then hmm
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CS0OQhmeskk

i also had to look up civil war comic and what it was about because i knew nothing about it
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_%28comics%29

Now don't get me wrong it looks vary good and will be getting it for sure but i am hoping for more Original concepts like Tesla, Paranormal, Earth Defense, Epic Quest, and also tables based off of production companies and studios of games like Street Fighter II, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and of course the newly released Plants vs. Zombies.

i just feel like we have tons of marvel tables already But if zen studios increased in size and is able to do both marvel and Original concept tables then that's just Super that just means more from the best of both worlds..

i vary much look forward to playing civil war when it comes out

Comment

• Originally posted by RabidShark View Post
                      so its civil war then hmm
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CS0OQhmeskk

i also had to look up civil war comic and what it was about because i knew nothing about it
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_%28comics%29

Now don't get me wrong it looks vary good and will be getting it for sure but i am hoping for more Original concepts like Tesla, Paranormal, Earth Defense, Epic Quest, and also tables based off of production companies and studios of games like Street Fighter II, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and of course the newly released Plants vs. Zombies.

i just feel like we have tons of marvel tables already But if zen studios increased in size and is able to do both marvel and Original concept tables then that's just Super that just means more from the best of both worlds..

i vary much look forward to playing civil war when it comes out
                      Dude if you have a chance to read the actual series before the table releases, then you'll see why this table was a MUST!!! You can read it online or even go to YouTube and read it there. It's awesome.
                      PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                      Gamertag- RAFIE82
                      YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                      Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• thanks Rafie i'll do some more sleuthing on the series

Comment

• Originally posted by RabidShark View Post
                          thanks Rafie i'll do some more sleuthing on the series
                          Np. Also if you get a chance, if you haven't yet, check on Infinity Gauntlet! Another great series within Marvel. Highly recommend it.
                          PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                          Gamertag- RAFIE82
                          YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                          Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• Hey everyone!

We set up a meeting at NY Comic Con for Chip from The BTeam Podcast to chat with Chris Baker, the Interactive Manager at Marvel, and here it is! As some of you may know, Chip is a HUGE fan of ours (over 500 hours on Zen/Marvel Pinball!!) and a friend as well, so it's awesome to see him completely nerd out while talking to Chris about the Civil War table, and other Marvel games. There is a bit of audio interference, but still worth checking out. Chris reveals how the Civil War table starts each game... Click here to watch and find out more

Comment

• Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                              It's not like Marvel Pinball, where the only way a casual fan knew about new tables was by looking at the add-ons section.
                              Those of us who turn the game on regularly aren't really their target audience to "market" to, however. You can't increase your sale potential by just relying on those few thousand people. It's making sure that the people who downloaded Zen Pinball 2 because it was free (and because they had the original Marvel pack through PSN+) are aware that new tables come out. Every sale they make to someone in THAT group is a victory.

Releasing the table in the "cool down," post Thanksgiving, when no big names are expected for several weeks - that's the best chance to reel in the casuals. Whereas the majority of us who post here would pick up a new table any day of any week. It's safe to say they have OUR dollars.

Originally posted by Casio View Post
                              This will go against the grain of the die hards here but seriously how many more times can you milk Captain America and Iron Man on us.
                              As many times as they announce new movies around certain characters, we'll continue to see new tables with those same characters. The only way to prevent this is to have The Mandarin defeat Iron Man to break the cycle. Of cousre, then we'd get "Iron Mandarin" as the next table after that.

Comment

• more marvel.......

I would reall love to some some more original tables like Sorcerers Lair, Epic Quest, Paranormal, Earth Defence, something, anything not Marvel related. Like Plants vs Zombies. I absolutely love that table. The Marvel thing is just getting old. The first Marvel pack was amazing. The second one was pretty sweet too. But now they are just getting stale. I mean I saw Zen Pinball 2 was coming out and I freaked. I got super excited and downloaded it right away....only to see that the first ZP2 table pack was of course....more Marvel. Now dont get me wrong.. I love the marvel tables. Every table you guys make is a masterpiece that sucks hours of my life away. I just really wanna see more crazy original ideas...now marvel related. I mena you got a license with Pop Cap for PVZ... try something cool there even. Maybe a Peggle table could be interesting. Who knows. I know you guys have it in you so im looking forward(and hoping) tohave my mind blown once again just like the first time I ever played sorcerers lair. I know you wont let me down. Time to get back to the PVZ tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X