Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civil War thoughts and impressions!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Civil War thoughts and impressions!

    I really like this table. Nothing like Fear itself. It wont top that but this table requires a good deal of accuracy at least in My initial impressions.

    -Love the stamford multiball aspect. Regarless of what score you get you start with you best overall score for that particular Multiball.

    -Iron Man or CA?

    Choosing you side does do different game modes and I have not done every mode I don't think. Some of it is subtle but the only thing I think is different is shooting those targets by the bumper jets and that center area does different things for Iron Man or CA.

    Getting all the super heroes on your side seems simple enough but it isn't. Certain 'phases' you need to hit ramps at least 2 times. Even though it says 'Cakewalk' Some shots are tough.

    I did 1 wizard mode with Iron Man and it is an uphill climb when you change alignments. When you do the fight game mode, you have 0 allies and 8 enemies the hurry up is less than 10 seconds to hit the correct ramp/orbit lanes. It can get better if you the balls go through the in-lanes where you can try and shoot the flashing 'Gain Ally' Ramps/orbits.

    Kick backs isn't really necessary I don't think. I haven't had trouble with the outlane. To get kickbacks shoot the sinkhole on the left at least 4 times for each out-lane.

    It took me a while to get used to the fact that when shooting ramps, it doesn't go into the in-lanes like most tables so have to get used to it.

    The right sink-hole isn't as easy as the left one for me. I'm not sure if it's a bug but sometimes when I shoot it and the Start Multiball light is on, it does nothing.

    Overall great Table And definitely a different take on tables and much more challenging than PVZ
    Last edited by tenorhero; 11-21-2012, 12:53 AM.

  • #2
    Very cool table. I got to the wizard mode with Captain America, but didn't get far with changed alignments lol too bad, I bet that was the "very hard" mode for the last trophy (got the first one, btw, not too hard).

    I've had plenty of drains from the outlanes, so I'll definitely take advantage of getting the kickbacks.

    As for where the ball gets spat out from ramp exits, yeah, took a while to get used to it, but it's not so bad after all, kind of fun! Definitely doesn't help with aimed shots, though lol.

    I think it was shortly before I started the wizard mode that the time limit for making the fight shots went drastically up to 30+ seconds, I don't know how I made it do that.

    I'd say always make sure you have a mission going before you hit The Punisher's button thingy, it'll complete it for you I think. If you don't have a mission going and you hit it, it just gives you the ballsave.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by snakeman07 View Post
      Very cool table. I got to the wizard mode with Captain America, but didn't get far with changed alignments lol too bad, I bet that was the "very hard" mode for the last trophy (got the first one, btw, not too hard).

      I've had plenty of drains from the outlanes, so I'll definitely take advantage of getting the kickbacks.

      As for where the ball gets spat out from ramp exits, yeah, took a while to get used to it, but it's not so bad after all, kind of fun! Definitely doesn't help with aimed shots, though lol.

      I think it was shortly before I started the wizard mode that the time limit for making the fight shots went drastically up to 30+ seconds, I don't know how I made it do that.

      I'd say always make sure you have a mission going before you hit The Punisher's button thingy, it'll complete it for you I think. If you don't have a mission going and you hit it, it just gives you the ballsave.
      Yeah first trophy is fairly easy once you get the correct amount of allies on you side. Winning a whole fight on 'Hard' is actually the more interesting one.

      Of course I only played the table a few times I think this table can be very much like Avengers where once you get through the first Wizard mode, the next missions/ wizard modes net you much more points. Gotta head out tonight hope everyone is enjoying this table as much as I am.

      Can't wait to see what Zen has in store for us in the next table.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah I can't wait to see what the jackpot values will be when you get to the wizard mode twice.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by snakeman07 View Post
          Yeah I can't wait to see what the jackpot values will be when you get to the wizard mode twice.
          I think it's 4.5m based on the trailer but it could be more or less. Maybe more as you ramp up.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tenorhero View Post
            I think it's 4.5m based on the trailer but it could be more or less. Maybe more as you ramp up.
            That would be sweet. So, I don't know how to trigger it, but on the table in the middle there's a little thing that tells you if it's very hard, painful, confident, etc...for the fight mode. I completed a very hard one so that trophy is pretty much easy as well. Also, if it's easy, then you'll obviously have a lot more time.

            Comment


            • #7
              cw

              Nice table, only played three games so far. Pretty fast and challeging, have to make your shots accurate to score well. Lots of spots on the table to hit nothing like iron man kinda. Snakeman leading cw with an impressive 116m. Great work again zen, looking forward to the next masterpiece.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by snakeman07 View Post
                That would be sweet. So, I don't know how to trigger it, but on the table in the middle there's a little thing that tells you if it's very hard, painful, confident, etc...for the fight mode. I completed a very hard one so that trophy is pretty much easy as well. Also, if it's easy, then you'll obviously have a lot more time.
                Isn't the fight mode just based off of the number of allies each side has?

                You have one ally, your enemy has four, it's "painful." You have six allies, your enemy has one, it's a "sure win." (And yeah, I lost that, heh.) I only think it displays it when you're actually in the fight.

                All it does is affect the time you have to complete each of the three stages. Sure Win was about 30 seconds, I've seen as low as 5.

                I still don't like the Stamford Multiball aspect. No point in ever having a tournament in this one, because much of the battle would be decided before it even began. If *I* can squeeze out just shy of 10 million on it, I'm sure some of the better players will have over 100 million "auto points" before the weekend's out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by snakeman07 View Post
                  Very cool table. I got to the wizard mode with Captain America, but didn't get far with changed alignments lol too bad, I bet that was the "very hard" mode for the last trophy (got the first one, btw, not too hard).

                  I've had plenty of drains from the outlanes, so I'll definitely take advantage of getting the kickbacks.

                  As for where the ball gets spat out from ramp exits, yeah, took a while to get used to it, but it's not so bad after all, kind of fun! Definitely doesn't help with aimed shots, though lol.

                  I think it was shortly before I started the wizard mode that the time limit for making the fight shots went drastically up to 30+ seconds, I don't know how I made it do that.

                  I'd say always make sure you have a mission going before you hit The Punisher's button thingy, it'll complete it for you I think. If you don't have a mission going and you hit it, it just gives you the ballsave.

                  So do you recommend it? Is it top notch or has it stronger competitor among the already existing tables?
                  When talking about the unknown... Anything is possible.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Here are my impressions:

                    - I already got all 5 trophies (ZP2 and MP). That was surprisingly easy after reading the rules sheet.
                    - The Stamford Multiball reminds me of Judge Dredd's Super Game mode. It automatically starts you off with a multiball mode.
                    - I'm personally not digging the music much. **Shrugs**
                    - The table has a nice balance, but the flow can be interrupted very easily with some of the unforgiving shots.
                    - I like the table, but it's not anywhere close to my top favorites.

                    The most difficult trophy is winning a fight on Very Hard Mode. You have to make sure that your enemy has at least two more allies than you. I recommend your enemy have 3 more allies than you. That way the difficulty will be on "Desperate", but it's much easier to complete the fight that way IMO. You just need to make the 3 shots in 10 seconds each. Very Hard mode requires you to hit each of the ramps twice (6 shots total), but you get about 15 seconds for each shot.
                    Last edited by shogun00; 11-21-2012, 03:08 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Peridot Weapon View Post
                      Isn't the fight mode just based off of the number of allies each side has?

                      You have one ally, your enemy has four, it's "painful." You have six allies, your enemy has one, it's a "sure win." (And yeah, I lost that, heh.) I only think it displays it when you're actually in the fight.

                      All it does is affect the time you have to complete each of the three stages. Sure Win was about 30 seconds, I've seen as low as 5.

                      I still don't like the Stamford Multiball aspect. No point in ever having a tournament in this one, because much of the battle would be decided before it even began. If *I* can squeeze out just shy of 10 million on it, I'm sure some of the better players will have over 100 million "auto points" before the weekend's out.
                      Yeah that's pretty much it. I got past the wizard mode again, and then when it switches teams, the "enemy" has all their allies, so it's pretty hard to gain your allies back.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Space-Walk View Post
                        So do you recommend it? Is it top notch or has it stronger competitor among the already existing tables?
                        Honestly, I'd recommend any table Zen makes It's definitely a game changer, has some cool stuff that's not been seen in any of the tables.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Getting your popularity up is crazy. When I had it pretty big, if I hit a certain combo (using the right lower upper flipper to hit the blue ramp in the middle, then hit it again with that center flipper) it would keep giving me about 14m for about 3 times maybe if you do it in a row. it depends on your popularity or something. Captain America will sort of "swoosh" it, so to speak, and it makes an orbit around the table so you can hit the combo again.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                            Here are my impressions:

                            - I already got all 5 trophies (ZP2 and MP). That was surprisingly easy after reading the rules sheet.
                            - The Stamford Multiball reminds me of Judge Dredd's Super Game mode. It automatically starts you off with a multiball mode.
                            - I'm personally not digging the music much. **Shrugs**
                            - The table has a nice balance, but the flow can be interrupted very easily with some of the unforgiving shots.
                            - I like the table, but it's not anywhere close to my top favorites.

                            The most difficult trophy is winning a fight on Very Hard Mode. You have to make sure that your enemy has at least two more allies than you. I recommend your enemy have 3 more allies than you. That way the difficulty will be on "Desperate", but it's much easier to complete the fight that way IMO. You just need to make the 3 shots in 10 seconds each. Very Hard mode requires you to hit each of the ramps twice (6 shots total), but you get about 15 seconds for each shot.
                            Man you always get the trophies get. LOL I saw that and I was like, "Dang he did it again!" This table hasn't even been out for 3 hours yet, and he beats the table. Hahaha Ahhh Shogun! Congrats. I'm actually preparing the turkey right now for Thanksgiving, so I couldn't give too much of my time to Civil War today. I watched my father play Playstation Battle Royale while I was prepping. I had to take a break. LOL

                            Anyway I did get the first trophy for it at least. This table is very..very good!
                            PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                            Gamertag- RAFIE82
                            YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                            Nintendo ID- Rafie82

                            Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rafie View Post
                              Man you always get the trophies. LOL I saw that and I was like, "Dang he did it again!" This table hasn't even been out for 3 hours yet, and he beats the table. Hahaha Ahhh Shogun! Congrats.
                              Thanks! It's been much longer than 3 hours though. I was able to download the table around 5:30 EST. Although the store wasn't completely updated yet, the table was available to purchase.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X