Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FACT: Vita has ZERO Multiplayer -- it does not work and Zen has not addressed it yet.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FACT: Vita has ZERO Multiplayer -- it does not work and Zen has not addressed it yet.

    I made a post a while back praising the Z2 on the Vita and I still stand by that praise of the single player game.

    The multiplayer however was an issue I brought up and I had thought maybe it was just bad timing. I can confirm 100% that the multiplayer for Z2 on the Vita does not work period. I have some friends who also own a Vita/PS3s and Z2 and we tried to get into a game. All of us logged on. No one was able to pull a multiplayer even when selecting the same table options and criteria with many choices from both systems. Not one game pulled up for us on our Vita.

    During Quickplay for instance it went immediately to the default option of creating a game for us without even searching for one of us who had a game created.

    When creating a game no one joined or was able to join.

    Could someone from the Zen team that is an actual developer and not a board moderator (nothing personal Barb you do a great job) please just come forward to address this and be up front if Zen is going to fix this or if this is simply just a feature that will not be available and should be ignored?

    One of the decisions I made to purchase a Vita quite honestly was to have Z2 on the go and late at night to enjoy the multiplayer. I love the game that much. It is a bummer that the one option I was truly looking forward to does not work almost two months later.

    If Z2 is simply going to be just a single player game on the Vita not offering the cross play as promised please remove the multiplayer option from your advertising and from the menus within the Vita port.

    I would greatly appreciate some straight forward candor instead of the canned response that it's being worked on. Like a real time table if that is true.

    Thanks.
    XBLA: Opalsuns
    PSN: The_Perfects
    EST and I am up late, add me if you can'f find anyone in the wee hours of the evening

  • #2
    The team doesn't generally have time to peruse the forums (ya know, kinda busy with making pinball tables and all.. haha) but I will make sure they see this post.

    Comment


    • #3
      That's got to be frustrating. I works for me though and must work for the people I've been playing. I hope your issue gets figured out.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I've tried twice now, and no luck on my end, either. Never finds any hosts when the PS3 version does, and if I try a quick match, it'll just make a new room with me being the host, in which no one will join because it doesn't work.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by snakeman07 View Post
          I've tried twice now, and no luck on my end, either. Never finds any hosts when the PS3 version does, and if I try a quick match, it'll just make a new room with me being the host, in which no one will join because it doesn't work.
          Maybe a NAT issue? I imagine the vita has a network settings menu. Does it show NAT type? If so, what does it say?

          Comment


          • #6
            Same thing here. I just tried not too long ago and I couldn't get into a multiplayer match.
            PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
            Gamertag- RAFIE82
            YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
            Nintendo ID- Rafie82

            Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Brussels_Crow View Post
              I made a post a while back praising the Z2 on the Vita and I still stand by that praise of the single player game.

              The multiplayer however was an issue I brought up and I had thought maybe it was just bad timing. I can confirm 100% that the multiplayer for Z2 on the Vita does not work period. I have some friends who also own a Vita/PS3s and Z2 and we tried to get into a game. All of us logged on. No one was able to pull a multiplayer even when selecting the same table options and criteria with many choices from both systems. Not one game pulled up for us on our Vita.

              During Quickplay for instance it went immediately to the default option of creating a game for us without even searching for one of us who had a game created.

              When creating a game no one joined or was able to join.

              Could someone from the Zen team that is an actual developer and not a board moderator (nothing personal Barb you do a great job) please just come forward to address this and be up front if Zen is going to fix this or if this is simply just a feature that will not be available and should be ignored?

              One of the decisions I made to purchase a Vita quite honestly was to have Z2 on the go and late at night to enjoy the multiplayer. I love the game that much. It is a bummer that the one option I was truly looking forward to does not work almost two months later.

              If Z2 is simply going to be just a single player game on the Vita not offering the cross play as promised please remove the multiplayer option from your advertising and from the menus within the Vita port.

              I would greatly appreciate some straight forward candor instead of the canned response that it's being worked on. Like a real time table if that is true.

              Thanks.
              Not sure if anyone has answered this (my search turned up nothing) but I discovered that I had too log out of PSN on my PS3 before matches would show up on the Vita. Hope this helps.

              Comment


              • #8

                Does anybody else think that ZP multiplayer is a waste of time? When I play in a tournament (on machines) I don't feel rushed because I need to get a certain amount of points before other players do in order to win. I take my time to control the ball & then I take a shot. In ZP multiplayer you're forced to take the hit-and-hope approach. That's def a player error. It would be ideal if ZP multiplayer was set up in a traditional tournament mode. So basically we could watch other players take their turns. If that ever happens then please send me an invit
                e.
                Last edited by ROD; 03-03-2013, 06:35 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ROD View Post

                  Does anybody else think that ZP multiplayer is a waste of time? When I play in a tournament (on machines) I don't feel rushed because I need to get a certain amount of points before other players do in order to win. I take my time to control the ball & then I take a shot. In ZP multiplayer you're forced to take the hit-and-hope approach. That's def a player error. It would be ideal if ZP multiplayer was set up in a traditional tournament mode. So basically we could watch other players take their turns. If that ever happens then please send me an invit
                  e.
                  I just started playing multiplayer and initially felt as you do. But after playing for a bit and enjoying it immensely I look at it as s different way to play. I try to find ways to score big quickly. It would be great if there was a way to create a mini tournament through the ui though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As a matter of fact, i managed a few Online Multiplayer Games on Vita last week. I did everything like always and suddenly I found a few games, Star Wars Pinball of course.
                    PSN:derKlaus | XBL:derKlaus

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      hey i thought i was the only one havin problems with the vita version.ive had the game since launch.both versions.and the vita multiplayer has never worked for me.i assumed it was because no one is playing the vita but if theres crossplay in multiplayer then the problem is obviously the vita.i hope this gets fixed soon

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        wow i didnt realize how old these posts are.and its still not fixed?can someone fix the vita multiplayer.thanx

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jaredsynn View Post
                          wow i didnt realize how old these posts are.and its still not fixed?can someone fix the vita multiplayer.thanx
                          Are you sure the problem is not on your end? What is the NAT type displayed in the networks settings on your Vita? If you are trying to connect behind a router you might have open up some ports or enable UPnP. This website lists the ports that need to be open for first-party SCEA games https://support.us.playstation.com/a...a-port-numbers. I have no idea if Zen Pinball uses the same ports but if you are having NAT issues it might be a good place to start. As a last resort, you could also put your Vita in a DMZ.
                          Last edited by surf1der; 04-30-2013, 10:24 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            its nat 2.why does every other multiplayer vita game work but not this one?i dont really like screwin around with the router but thanx anyways for the quick response

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If it's NAT 2 then usually it is not a network issue on your end. I don't have a Vita so I'm out suggestions. My only other advice would be to give specifics about your difficulties with multiplayer so that Barbie (the community manager) might be able to assist you. For example, are you getting any error messages, is your session timing out, matchmaking difficulties, etc.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X