Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't play local multiplay because player two never works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't play local multiplay because player two never works?

When me and a friend want to play together locally, Player 2 never works, under any configuration, on any PS3 I've tried with multiple accounts, with many controllers.

We pick local multiplay, split-screen, and it doesn't matter what side Player 2 is on, or even if you switch controllers, the flippers do not work at all for Player 2. It's really frustrating since me and my wife have a love of pinball.

As I've mentioned, I've tried on multiple PS3's, even at friends' places. It never works. Do people just not play enough local Multiplay, or am I doing something wrong?

I've noticed this on all tables for Zen Pinball 2, and I don't understand why I can't find any posts in search about this. It is a glaring problems.

Originally posted by ouTPhaze View Post
    When me and a friend want to play together locally, Player 2 never works, under any configuration, on any PS3 I've tried with multiple accounts, with many controllers.

We pick local multiplay, split-screen, and it doesn't matter what side Player 2 is on, or even if you switch controllers, the flippers do not work at all for Player 2. It's really frustrating since me and my wife have a love of pinball.

As I've mentioned, I've tried on multiple PS3's, even at friends' places. It never works. Do people just not play enough local Multiplay, or am I doing something wrong?

I've noticed this on all tables for Zen Pinball 2, and I don't understand why I can't find any posts in search about this. It is a glaring problems.
    I've never heard of this happening, but I'll send the report to the team. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
      I've never heard of this happening, but I'll send the report to the team. Thanks!
      Thanks for the reply, I would love to get this figured out, me and my wife are big Pinball buffs, and it worked great when we first got Zen Pinball 2, and it works fine in Zen Pinball.

I've noticed that occasionally Player 2 can use his/her flippers until either player uses his/her Plunger, though.

Comment

I just want to confirm this issue, it's reproducable on our PS3 (Superslim). And this is really a pity, the split-screen multi mode looks like a lot of fun. It would be really nice to get this bug fixed in a future update.

Apart from this Zen Pinball 2 is really great, especially in 3D.

Comment

same problem here. ... I can play 2 player hotseat with 2 joysticks but no split-screen on PS3
          IOS : koencomics PS3 : Koen_C

Comment

I can confirm this. I just tried it out today and once I pressed the start/launch button on controller 2, the face buttons and shoulder buttons are disabled. Only the two analog sticks and d-pad are functioning. Funny thing is that the flippers work fine before I pressed the start/launch button (that shouldn't be happening). It looks like the encoding in this mode is backwards (flippers enabled before start, disabled after start) for player 2.

It appears that the recent update may be the culprit, because this mode was working fine for me on version 1.01.
            Last edited by shogun00; 02-09-2013, 11:35 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Thanks for the reports everyone!

Comment

Same Problem

I would just like to report I am having the same problem. The local multi-player was a selling point when I bought the game, so I am hoping the issue gets resolved in an update soon.

Comment

ok i borrowed a friends controller and tried this out and although the flippers seem to work fine for player two the nudges did not work right, now i also tried switching controllers as well as switching left and right windows and still the second controller (player two) was not registering the nudges its either a slight delay or 30% of the time i flick the thumb stick and it does not nudge at all, so it may seem fine to some and not others, but there is definitely something fishy going on with player two on my end.

Comment

Originally posted by RabidShark View Post
                    ok i borrowed a friends controller and tried this out and although the flippers seem to work fine for player two the nudges did not work right, now i also tried switching controllers as well as switching left and right windows and still the second controller (player two) was not registering the nudges its either a slight delay or 30% of the time i flick the thumb stick and it does not nudge at all, so it may seem fine to some and not others, but there is definitely something fishy going on with player two on my end.
                    Question! Are you using default controls?

I'm trying to see if I can find a work around.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                      Question! Are you using default controls?

I'm trying to see if I can find a work around.
                      i know for sure that i use the left thumb stick for nudging that way going from TPA and back to Zen does not throw me off ill check if i changed anything else in a bit.

Comment

i know for sure that i use the left thumb stick for nudging that way going from TPA and back to Zen does not throw me off ill check if i changed anything else in a bit.
                        The nudging in ZP2 is the left stick by default.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                          The nudging in ZP2 is the left stick by default.
                          my bad i used to use right but when i got tpa i went back to default the only thing different is chat window is small and i turned off pop up score Even Tho it doesn't Bloody! Work!

Comment

my bad i used to use right but when i got tpa i went back to default the only thing different is chat window is small and i turned off pop up score Even Tho it doesn't Bloody! Work!
                            OK! My flipper controls are no longer the default. I wonder if that might be causing the problem.

I'll experiment a little bit later and see what I can dig up. I find it odd, that it works fine for you (sans the nudging), while it isn't for the others (including myself).

Comment

There was an Zen Pinball update today on my PS3 but the multiplayer issue isn't solved.
                              IOS : koencomics PS3 : Koen_C

Comment

Working...
                              X