X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BushMackel
    replied
    Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    We didn't have to do any free tables, but we pushed for that 20 because we wanted to give players something for free in return for supporting us over the years. I feel like this is something that people should be excited about, not something I have to apologize for.

I'll be sure to post info on more features as soon as I know all the details.
    So first, thanks Bobby and rest of Zen for just being so cool and engaging with fans. I've never heard you guys turning down podcasts, review requests, video streams, giveaways and the list goes on and on. I play quite a few games and for whatever reason your team always seems to stick out for one of the most down to earth and accessible groups out there.

So thinking about what Bobby just said I'm gonna throw some ideas out there... For Sony and Microsoft, there's no way in h3ll that they'd want to allow Zen to release free tables much less the ones that have probably earned them considerable press and downloads such as those from Marvel and Star Wars. And if Sony didn't mind (because they wanted to entice people to come on board and get more) you'd have to believe they would've wanted a small number like 3 or 5... Like maybe 1 from every pack. Obviously I don't know what deals Zen and Sony have going on but from the layman's point of view, Zen just got us 20 free imports where Sony is not making another dime off of those particular tables. On the flipside you have to believe that Sony (and perhaps Zen) know that if they only gave 5 tables to us and offered up everything with improved graphics and physics that we would buy more, making them more money. But despite that Zen said, "Nope, thx for the support guys, we're trying to look out for you!"

In the super paid DLC/add on world we live in, I would challenge everyone to come up with any games that we've heard of to allow importing of prior content to the new systems. Mind you, I'm not saying this won't happen in the future, but at this point I'm pretty sure you can't import your PSN games or your XBLA games and that goes for the actual system games themselves (and I think Wii market stuff too). Also, I haven't heard from a single gamer that they were going to get rid of 360 or PS3 for this exact reason - Nothing can be moved over so it's not like you're gonna take your console off your shelf anytime soon anyway.

So for what it's worth I just wanted to offer my thanks (and only my thanks) to Zen for getting a 20 table import deal done. I'm sure a lot of other pinball players share that sentiment and we can't wait for the other cool stuff you'll have coming out in 2014!

Leave a comment:

• Alipan
    replied
    I'm sure it will be much appreciated Barbie by those who already have the tables.

True to say though Zen is a business and this decision is not motivated purely by kindness.

After all others will have to pay and re-releasing 20 existing tables is an easy win compared to say creating new content from scratch. I'm sure you must have had a discussion and realised charging existing customers again would not be feasible.

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    We didn't have to do any free tables, but we pushed for that 20 because we wanted to give players something for free in return for supporting us over the years. I feel like this is something that people should be excited about, not something I have to apologize for.

I'll be sure to post info on more features as soon as I know all the details.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoKing
    replied
    Same trophies as ps 3 or all new/ different trophies??

Ughhhh purge the world again for a third time . Yikes

But I'm glad no shaman

Leave a comment:

• Alipan
    replied
    It's not clear from Barbies comment whether the 20 table limit was imposed by Sony or due to lack of resource at Zen.

To be honest some existing tables at higher res would be the bare minimum of my expectations for PS4. If this is all there is to it I find that a little underwhelming, Especially after all the good ideas that have been touted on this forum over the last few years. Will have to wait for more info I guess...

Leave a comment:

• Phobos790
    replied
    Originally posted by Alipan View Post
    Are there any new features, game modes etc.. or is this basically the same as the PS3 version?
    Barbie has said that Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 will run at 1080P and 60 FPS. This will be incredible and should have improved physics as well. I'm psyched.

A bit bummed about the 20 tables and some favorites are left out (Tesla!), but there are plenty of great choices and they'll be releasing more as we go. Sony had the limit but if not, soon there would be 60 tables and that's overwhelming.

I have Zen PB and PB FX2 on 360, PS3, Wii U and soon PS4. Looking forward to playing it with the PS4 controller - great triggers.

See you on the leaderboards!

Leave a comment:

• Trollwart
    replied
    Originally posted by Alipan View Post
    Are there any new features, game modes etc.. or is this basically the same as the PS3 version?
    Alipan beat me to the punch...very curious. I assume at least everything is at a higher rez?

Anyway, such good news, Zen...I'm really psyched that your honoring us customers with the free downloads of purchased tables. Can't wait....

Leave a comment:

• Alipan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tenorhero
    replied
    Maybe I'm confused. Why is it that you can only port 20 tables over? Doesn't make sense. Are they restricting content from 3rd party developers already? Does it mean that you can only allow 20 tables for the 'cross-buy'. I don't have a PS4 but do plan to get one eventually. (not at $399) But that is so so disappointing that you can't every table Zen has produced. Thor and X-men are on my top 10 list and it will not be on the PS4? Hmmm.

Anyway, Good to hear that Dr Strange is coming out in 2 weeks. Still so long. What about other tables? Yeah too eager.

Leave a comment:

• skyway73
    replied
    Originally posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Earth Defense is amazing
    Agree. I've always loved it, I think some people are put off as it's quite challenging.

Great PS4 news by the way, can't wait for Dr Strange too

Leave a comment:

• snakeman07
    replied
    Originally posted by Casio View Post
    .. and you picked Earth Defense !?
    Earth Defense is amazing

Leave a comment:

• ShoryukenToTheChin
    replied
    Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Yeah we had to make a choice on which ones to bring over, we could only do 20 tables.
    Ah so no chance of the others making the jump? Mars not making the cut makes me sad

Either way im hyped for this.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 12-04-2013, 05:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dinosaur Toy
    replied
    Actually one odd question: will the leaderboards for PS4 be unified with the Vita/PS3 leaderboards? (I thought those were unified, unless I am mis-remembering...)

Leave a comment:

• Casio
    replied
    .. and you picked Earth Defense !?

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by Dinosaur Toy View Post
    Full cross buy is great news and I am glad Zen was able to offer this - I'll be downloading everything on day 1.

But from Bobby's reply to a question on the PS Blog, are there really no more older tables coming to the PS4 version? I'm just surprised that the middle set of Marvel tables, Vengeance and Virtue, would not be ported but the original Marvel tables would be...
    Yeah we had to make a choice on which ones to bring over, we could only do 20 tables.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X