Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr Strange out now! Impressions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Thanks Skyway73.

    Anybody completed the Wizard Mode yet? As that's the only bit that I need info on I think.
    sigpic

    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
      Thanks Skyway73.

      Anybody completed the Wizard Mode yet? As that's the only bit that I need info on I think.
      I'm sure people have, I didn't mention it as I still haven't quite got to beat it.

      Originally posted by s-carnegie View Post
      Nice B score skyway, I know what you mean about the center hole. Ive lost a few sdtm but now I shoot for the right orbit then hold my left flipper up and most of the time it rolls off that and into the hole. This is my top 5 fav tables now out of the 35. Maybe a tourney soon?
      Thanks, the Right orbit and hold the Top left flipper is a good alternative. And I agree, definitely in my top 5 of the whole lot. ROTJ still holds the number 1 spot for me though

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
        Thanks Skyway73.

        Anybody completed the Wizard Mode yet? As that's the only bit that I need info on I think.
        I have practiced quite a bit on my tablet and have come quite close to starting wizard mode. Without sounding like a sore loser, I believe that playing on the tablet with the slow response time of the flippers, it is much more difficult than on the Xbox. I'll finally get a chance on my xbox in a couple of days and will give this Wizard mode a good shot and hopefully get it.
        XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

        Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

        Discord server - PinStratsDan

        Twitter - PinStratsDan

        Facebook - PinStratsDan

        Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

        Comment


        • #34
          Cloda that would be very helpful, I got to the wizard mode but only failed it.

          Seems the general consensus is that it requires you to do a number of tasks then repeats said tasks again.
          sigpic

          Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

          PSN = SrkToTheChin
          Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
          *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
            Cloda that would be very helpful, I got to the wizard mode but only failed it.

            Seems the general consensus is that it requires you to do a number of tasks then repeats said tasks again.
            I think Skyway mentioned most of it. I've managed to get to the wizard mode 1 time and surprisingly completed it in one go. I don't know the exact order of sequences it entails, but Skyway's description is the closest I recall. Complete the tasks and the end result will be 100m points.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by tenorhero View Post
              I think Skyway mentioned most of it. I've managed to get to the wizard mode 1 time and surprisingly completed it in one go. I don't know the exact order of sequences it entails, but Skyway's description is the closest I recall. Complete the tasks and the end result will be 100m points.
              Yeh il use that explanation as it seems logical, thats if I don't manage to actually complete the Wizard Mode. When I got to it yesterday I didn't fair to well on it, ended with a score of just over half a Billion.
              sigpic

              Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

              PSN = SrkToTheChin
              Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
              *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

              Comment


              • #37
                Thanks for the info provided so far in this thread. I have just started playing the table and I will probably only get a chance this weekend to give it a really good shot. So far I really like the challenge and I like the fact that the tables layout forces you to play defensively if you want to get anywhere. Initially I thought that getting an extra ball (apart from the extra 10 shots at the end of the first red mission) is more a case of luck rather than something you can work at but then I realised that during the first red multiball mission a diverter goes up above the bumpers steering the balls straight into them. So, my approach now at the beginning of a game is to focus on activating the first red mission as quickly as possible (other than my usual approach of first trying to activate the kickbacks before doing anything else). During the mission I then keep on shooting the balls into the orbits until I get the extra ball and then I let the second ball drop through to end the mission without completing it. If you then lose a ball, you can then repeat the first mission to get that quite easy extra ball. I have achieved three extra balls in a game employing that method before my game ended. My strategy now is to milk that mode for extra balls whilst I'm completing the other missions and only then will I play that mission to completion. Off course it is still imperative on this table to always keep your kickbacks activated and with some practice it is quite easy to hit the left and right ramps quite smoothly to bring that about.
                XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

                Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

                Discord server - PinStratsDan

                Twitter - PinStratsDan

                Facebook - PinStratsDan

                Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

                Comment


                • #38
                  How to complete the Missions on the Doctor Strange Table - Videos!

                  I decided to use the PS4 Share Function and put it to good use; so here are all the Missions for the Doctor Strange Table -

                  Doctor Strange Missions (Blue Sink Hole)

                  - Mission 1

                  - Mission 2


                  Dormammu Missions (Red Sink Hole)

                  - Mission 1

                  - Mission 2


                  Nightmare Missions (Green Sink Hole)

                  - Mission 1

                  - Mission 2


                  Baron Mordo Missions (Yellow Sink Hole)

                  - Mission 1

                  - Mission 2
                  sigpic

                  Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

                  PSN = SrkToTheChin
                  Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                  *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Good stuff! Now all we need is that pesky wizard mode
                    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

                    Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

                    Discord server - PinStratsDan

                    Twitter - PinStratsDan

                    Facebook - PinStratsDan

                    Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Cloda View Post
                      Thanks for the info provided so far in this thread. I have just started playing the table and I will probably only get a chance this weekend to give it a really good shot. So far I really like the challenge and I like the fact that the tables layout forces you to play defensively if you want to get anywhere. Initially I thought that getting an extra ball (apart from the extra 10 shots at the end of the first red mission) is more a case of luck rather than something you can work at but then I realised that during the first red multiball mission a diverter goes up above the bumpers steering the balls straight into them. So, my approach now at the beginning of a game is to focus on activating the first red mission as quickly as possible (other than my usual approach of first trying to activate the kickbacks before doing anything else). During the mission I then keep on shooting the balls into the orbits until I get the extra ball and then I let the second ball drop through to end the mission without completing it. If you then lose a ball, you can then repeat the first mission to get that quite easy extra ball. I have achieved three extra balls in a game employing that method before my game ended. My strategy now is to milk that mode for extra balls whilst I'm completing the other missions and only then will I play that mission to completion. Off course it is still imperative on this table to always keep your kickbacks activated and with some practice it is quite easy to hit the left and right ramps quite smoothly to bring that about.
                      So, this strategy is working for me and I managed to get 4 extra balls in a game employing it. I did chance is slightly to always first activate the kickbacks before doing anything else. After leaving the red missions for last I got to (and completed ) the wizard mode and just missed a billion score. I know that there are some scores building up during the game e.g. Intellect hurry-up, so, I think in my next games I'm going to focus on that to see how a score can be built up systematically.
                      XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

                      Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

                      Discord server - PinStratsDan

                      Twitter - PinStratsDan

                      Facebook - PinStratsDan

                      Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        eye of agamatto

                        Hy,

                        Does anyone have some more tips for the eye of agamatto mini playfield?
                        I lose that ball so fast on that mini table. It's hard

                        Greetings

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by SsmokiNnAceSz View Post
                          Hy,

                          Does anyone have some more tips for the eye of agamatto mini playfield?
                          I lose that ball so fast on that mini table. It's hard

                          Greetings
                          Finishing it only gives you 5 mil points. I haven't finished it twice in one game so don't know if it will give you substantially more points. It does take a long time though to get it right, so it is not worth the effort in my opinion as there are many better scoring opportunities on the table. What has worked for me though is to keep the ball moving and not to try and catch it. The shot to look out for is the one late on the flippers as it zips around and doesn't give you much time to react. I think that a couple of shots through the middle also reactivate the little pin that prevents the ball from going through straight but unfortunately I'm not sure of the details.
                          XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

                          Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

                          Discord server - PinStratsDan

                          Twitter - PinStratsDan

                          Facebook - PinStratsDan

                          Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by SsmokiNnAceSz View Post
                            Does anyone have some more tips for the eye of agamatto mini playfield?
                            Take advantage of the nudge pass. The mini playfield allows nudging.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              When the ball gets whipping around too fast I sometimes lose it dtm, so now I hold up a flipper to roll over and slow the ball onto the other side. Didnt know about the no tilt nudge pass, cheers shogun I will try that one.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by s-carnegie View Post
                                Didnt know about the no tilt nudge pass, cheers shogun I will try that one.
                                The tilt is still active, so the same rules apply to the nudging on the mini-playfield. I just mentioned it, since in most tables the nudge is deactivated when you go to a mini-playfield (Clone Wars, Sorcerers Lair, World War Hulk, etc...).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X