X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shogun00
    replied
    Originally posted by hunter328 View Post
    Thanks for the answer. I'm not a programmer but I'd think if someone who was put their mind to it and really wanted to that they'd be able to come up with an algorithm or change to whatever in their coding that calculates proscores to include tables X and exclude tables Y.
    It's not a matter of can they come up with a fix, but how much time and labor it's going to cost to make that fix. If the problem lies in limitations with the program's game foundation (the engine), then they will have to overhaul the entire game just to fix the problem. This can cost them thousands of dollars worth of time and labor to fix.

They ran into this problem with Planet Minigolf, where there is a wonky scoring bug that affects the leaderboards. The bug is right in the game's core and their response was it would be cheaper to make a new game than to fix the problem.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-01-2014, 10:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• hunter328
    replied
    Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
    And that's exactly what's causing it. It seems that there was no other way for Zen to offer multiple tables skins on ZP2 without making a couple sacrifices.
    Thanks for the answer. I'm not a programmer but I'd think if someone who was put their mind to it and really wanted to that they'd be able to come up with an algorithm or change to whatever in their coding that calculates proscores to include tables X and exclude tables Y.
    Shogun, did they post somewhere that this was impossible to do or was that an educated guess? I ask because if not maybe they just don't know some of us don't like it this way. Who knows, maybe there are some who do like it. I think I'll post a poll to find out. Maybe if people are against it, and it's possible, someone will take the time to fix it.

Leave a comment:

• Scar
    replied
    Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
    And that's exactly what's causing it. It seems that there was no other way for Zen to offer multiple tables skins on ZP2 without making a couple sacrifices.
    Really?

Then remove the pro-scores because they don't make any sense!

One of the reasons that i bought all the tables on ps4 is the pro-score. If this isn't patched, i don't think i'm gonna buy any zp2 tables anymore!

Leave a comment:

• shogun00
    replied
    Originally posted by hunter328 View Post
    The only thing I could think was it might be counting different soccer teams as different tables for those who bought more than one team, but that didn't make sense as it's still the same table

Leave a comment:

• Scar
    replied
    I think it's a glitch. Too bad, it takes all the competitive fun away. I hope it gets patched real soon

Leave a comment:

• hunter328
    replied
    Proscores seem too high

What's up everyone. I took a little pinball break but am back. I checked out the pro scores to see how far I'd dropped. I hadn't played since right after the soccer table was released. I knew I wouldn't still be in the top 15 but was surprised to see I'd fallen all the way to 123rd. Then I saw the leader has over 4300 points and something didn't add up for me. When I'd last played the most you could get for a table was 1000 points, but even with the new Star Wars tables there's not 43 tables out there to get that many points from. The only thing I could think was it might be counting different soccer teams as different tables for those who bought more than one team, but that didn't make sense as it's still the same table and Zen's better than turning their leaderboards into a money grab forcing people to buy multiples of a table to compete.
    So I figure the calculations have changed for pro score but I'm at a loss as to what the new formula is. Either that or I'm just missing something entirely or there's a glitch somewhere. Could someone please clue me in. It's the pro score leaderboard that keeps me coming back and playing ZP2 religiously, if it is glitched I hope it gets fixed. Without that aspect the countless replays would definitely lose some of their draw for me.

Thanks, and thanks Zen for the new tables, I'm DLing them now.

Leave a comment:

• Scar
    started a topic pro-score

pro-score

how are the pro-scores calculated?

I've all the tables on ps4. I'm 1st on every table of all my friends, yet i'm 2nd of all my friends in the total pro-score list
Working...
X