No announcement yet.

Deadpool Pinball!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
    It's party time on PSN North America! Deadpool is live! Remember to buy on PS3 or Vita FIRST, then import to PS4 if you'd like to play on multiple platforms!
    Purchasing now!

Comment

Spent a little time on this.

Think I understand missions (issues/chapters)

But unclear on trophies
      Table guide does not specifically say how to lock a ball in the box.
      What box? The silver one in the back left? How do you lock it?

Next combo counters to 15 how you do that?

Any oneknow please post.

Btw love the little fella

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoKing
        But unclear on trophies
        Table guide does not specifically say how to lock a ball in the box.
        What box? The silver one in the back left? How do you lock it?
        Yes! The silver one in the back left. I can't remember how I locked it, but once one did I just started up a Weasal Mission (hitting the left cross ramp) and the trophy popped.

I assume they are talking about a 15 ramp/orbit combo.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00
          Yes! The silver one in the back left. I can't remember how I locked it, but once one did I just started up a Weasal Mission (hitting the left cross ramp) and the trophy popped.

I assume they are talking about a 15 ramp/orbit combo.

1. Yeah that's the trick . How do u lock it?

2. I make 2-3 hit combos and then collect them to the left . I was thinking of trying to collect 15. After 2-3 combo collect it lights up . Don't know if you can make a 15 combo.

Comment

Guys, I'm not sure if you all realize how awesome Zen Studios truly is. I mean, the staff really does listen to what goes on in these forums and other social media and the Deadpool table is a prime example of that. Guys like Rafie and others have been clamouring for this table for years and it's finally here.

AND, and I just had a complete nerdgasm a little while ago when I noticed Archangel on the right sidewall art of the table; along with the other members of the Uncanny X-Force from a few years ago that was featured in the Dark Angel Saga. How I missed that earlier I have no idea.

Now I know I'm probably more excited about that cameo than anybody, but I can't help but think about how many times I've asked them to include Archangel in some way and he's finally in there. So whether I had anything to do with that or not, from the bottom of my heart, thank you Zen. Thank you.

P.S. Who's the artist on this one? Gergo "kocka" Kovacs? Thank that dude for me.

PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Comment

Ok really fun table with very nice artwork on the playfield. I even love the music! The only thing that would've made it funnier if it was the real Deapool; swearing and all kinds of weird things, but I must admit it is very nicely done. Thanks to the Zen team and to the author responsible!
              "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Comment

Anybody else have trouble using the free view mode? It seems I can only view the left of the table, or it kind of goes to the top right, but goes back down to the bottom left. It doesn't hover around the whole table.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearded_Warrior
                  Guys, I'm not sure if you all realize how awesome Zen Studios truly is. I mean, the staff really does listen to what goes on in these forums and other social media and the Deadpool table is a prime example of that. Guys like Rafie and others have been clamouring for this table for years and it's finally here.

AND, and I just had a complete nerdgasm a little while ago when I noticed Archangel on the right sidewall art of the table; along with the other members of the Uncanny X-Force from a few years ago that was featured in the Dark Angel Saga. How I missed that earlier I have no idea.

Now I know I'm probably more excited about that cameo than anybody, but I can't help but think about how many times I've asked them to include Archangel in some way and he's finally in there. So whether I had anything to do with that or not, from the bottom of my heart, thank you Zen. Thank you.

P.S. Who's the artist on this one? Gergo "kocka" Kovacs? Thank that dude for me.

Way back when marvel pinball first came out I put in suggestions for punisher and daredevil.

I was wondering if they used my idea for a daredevil table on this table.
                  In the forums I suggested a daredevil table where the screen goes black and things light up with ball bounces as a way of showing daredevil's echo location and being blind. They incorporated a similar mode to the one I suggested. And deadpool even makes the comment that this is "Matt Murdock mode"

Wonder if that came from my ideas in the forums.

Comment

This table is 'Legend.......Wait for it........ Ary'

I'm really impressed with Ypok. His second table is really well done. It seems fast and there are chances for inaccurate shots to go SDTM. I was short 1 mission to get to wizard mode on my second or 3rd attempt.

First off I'm glad he tweaked the slingshots like Deep did with his tables. This one seems perfectly tuned I thought and I hope every designer does this in all their tables.

love the shot where you have to lift the left upper flipper to collect and get Katana Multiball. That multiball is where you can really score points though and seems to ramp up. So could be like Yavin MB in the New Hope table. Which in a kind of disappointing especially with a table of this quality.

So far I found 3 multiballs.

Katana MB

You can get up to 4 balls. You shoot a certain amount of 'Combo' shots and then there is a 'Collect' option. hold the upper Left flipper and shoot the ball under that to get to the sinkhole on the left to collect. You do that 6 times or so to start 'Katan' MB. Before that starts Deadpool takes his Katana and drives it on the little Pinball Machine in the game. You see the blade in the actual table and You can basically 'Split' a ball in half to make a 4 ball MB. Starts out with a 2 ball MB. I thought that was so cool. During this MB shoot balls up the ramps around the center several times to collect Jackpots. Super Jackpots are at the center ramp.
                    Viper - Hit the BOB targets and lock the ball in the both saucers

And the one you shoot the sinkhole 8 times or so

You can increase the difficulty as mentioned in the DMD Shoot the spinners on either orbit. You'll see a progress bar on either side of that center ramp for each Spinner. It's best to shoot the left orbit with a strong shot to go around the loop and spin the right spinner although sometimes it gets diverted into the bumpers.

Mission difficulty is hit or miss IMO. It does give you slightly more value in Jackpot points.

Comic #1 for instance - easy mode gives you 2m completing the correct shots to thwart the thugs. Medium gives you 2.5m and I believe hard gives you only 3m. Of course timers are much shorter and amount of times needed to hit the correct lanes targets are more. I'm not sure the points are worth it to do the harder difficulties. All I know is that #1 give a bigger completion bonus on medium. instead of 500k I got 1m+ depending on how much the jackpots are increased. That is something I'm looking into. Interesting idea though I'm not sure it's worth it. Could be possible that the wizard will take into account the difficulty of each mission and reward points accordingly. As I have yet to get to wizard mode just yet, who knows

Some of the 'stages' in the missions are pretty interesting The arm wrestling one is easy but it's still unique. Have a feeling it's tougher if the difficulties are raised but as I mentioned before, it may not be worth it.

All in all great table. Art sound and the charm is definitely there. Although the comments get old after a while it still puts a smile on my face.
                    Last edited by tenorhero; 06-25-2014, 10:36 PM.

Comment

With only 3 games played so far I really like this table. It seems like a low scoring table like iron man. My best is only 34m so im looking forward to completing more missions to play the hole table. Another great table from the masters of pinball - Zen

Comment

Great table! I've managed to play 5 or so games on the Vita and I'm really enjoying the layout and mission structure. Congratulations to the development team!

I think there is the potential for some pretty high scores with the multi-balls... though that centre Deadpool ramp can spit the ball down the middle (and requires some quick reactions to handle).

Comment

But unclear on trophies

Any oneknow please post.
                          Got the Combo Hoarder trophy last night, it's not too tricky. The combos needed are just 3 ramps in a row and the timer is generous so that helps, just hit the lit lamp after hitting a shot. Depending on which ramp you hit first the combos are set so you have to hit a particular shot next.

You can see your combos completed by looking at the playfield by the ramps, there are 5 yellow lights which need to be lit- they look like lines/strips? Once you have 15 of these lights lit, lift the left flipper and collect behind the upper left flipper. If you drain a ball I think you lose 1 or 2 of your combos.

I'm enjoying the table so far, genuinely funny quotes as well. Love the 'singing a song' one and the quip about it being better than the Iron Man table at least!

jules.jpg

"I dare you. I double dare you!!"

Comment

Punk Lizard gave this table an awesome review. 9/10. This is truly a great table!
                            "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Comment

Originally posted by skyway73
                              Got the Combo Hoarder trophy last night, it's not too tricky. The combos needed are just 3 ramps in a row and the timer is generous so that helps, just hit the lit lamp after hitting a shot. Depending on which ramp you hit first the combos are set so you have to hit a particular shot next.

You can see your combos completed by looking at the playfield by the ramps, there are 5 yellow lights which need to be lit- they look like lines/strips? Once you have 15 of these lights lit, lift the left flipper and collect behind the upper left flipper. If you drain a ball I think you lose 1 or 2 of your combos.

I'm enjoying the table so far, genuinely funny quotes as well. Love the 'singing a song' one and the quip about it being better than the Iron Man table at least!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486[/ATTACH]

"I dare you. I double dare you!!"
                              Thanks i had two theories one of each combo. Or just 15 of any and then collect it. I've been trying to hold onto 15 of any. So. 1 of each shouldn't be too hard. Next time I play I'll look for the above mention indicators. I have noticed these after doing a combo though.

Comment

Thanks i had two theories one of each combo. Or just 15 of any and then collect it. I've been trying to hold onto 15 of any. So. 1 of each shouldn't be too hard. Next time I play I'll look for the above mention indicators. I have noticed these after doing a combo though.
                                I had 15 of any, just go for the easier ones

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎