No announcement yet.

Venom Pinball!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venom is now live in North America! Coming to Europe tomorrow! Don't forget to buy on PS3 or Vita first, then import to PS4

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
      Venom is now live in North America! Coming to Europe tomorrow! Don't forget to buy on PS3 or Vita first, then import to PS4
      Table is great!

1st few thoughts
      1. Like the prodigy esq music
      2. Think it's going to take awhile to figure all of this one out
      3. Evil flipper trick was built into black suit multiball, took me a few to figure that out . Very sneaky evil

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
        PS3/VITA: getting only "An error has occurred" store messages when clicking on "add to cart" or "download demo". Restarts of console or store don't help. Others work, just not Venom. Can you fix it ?

Comment

Yeah it's a fun table.

I like the ball capture thing on the left side and that mini table thing with carnage was neat.
          PSN:skey81

Comment

Originally posted by skey81 View Post
            Yeah it's a fun table.

I like the ball capture thing on the left side and that mini table thing with carnage was neat.
            Ok after 1st game beat the following missions
            1. Multiball
            2. Jailbreak
            3. Host

I spelled goo, and Spider-Man vs venom at the same time then failed at the mission.
            Not bad for a first game. Maybe it's not so hard to figure out as I first thought.

I know what to do now just gotta do it.

Comment

This table is SO freaking fun! Right now it's complicated trying to figure out all of the rules,even after reading them, but it's still refreshingly fun. My first quick game, I got 10 million or something. But on my second play through, near the end of another quick run actually, I spent a little extra time up in the mini playfield. I saw what i thought was 9 million flash up on the screen up there, but when my ball comes back down into main playfield, I see 44 million or so flash on DMD real quick, I wa slike, wait, ther eis no way I'm about to get that, then BOOM, I see I did indeed just net 45 million points for just a minute or two spent in the mini playfield! Has something like this happened to anyone else yet? Also, I had one ball over to the left balllock thing, and as one of my main balls drained, the screen flashes to a huge close up of Venom's tounge taking the capture dball out of balllock, then throwing it back on the table for me!! Seems liek the whole entertainment value was upped in general on this one! One of the absolute best Marvel tables yet! Gonna be exploring this one for a while I believe!!
              http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
                This table is SO freaking fun! Right now it's complicated trying to figure out all of the rules,even after reading them, but it's still refreshingly fun. My first quick game, I got 10 million or something. But on my second play through, near the end of another quick run actually, I spent a little extra time up in the mini playfield. I saw what i thought was 9 million flash up on the screen up there, but when my ball comes back down into main playfield, I see 44 million or so flash on DMD real quick, I wa slike, wait, ther eis no way I'm about to get that, then BOOM, I see I did indeed just net 45 million points for just a minute or two spent in the mini playfield! Has something like this happened to anyone else yet? Also, I had one ball over to the left balllock thing, and as one of my main balls drained, the screen flashes to a huge close up of Venom's tounge taking the capture dball out of balllock, then throwing it back on the table for me!! Seems liek the whole entertainment value was upped in general on this one! One of the absolute best Marvel tables yet! Gonna be exploring this one for a while I believe!!
                Sorry wasn't watching my score. I play for the trophies. I was focused on beating missions. I figured out how to start them all and beat half in my first game . But I now have to watch guardians of galaxy dvd, then new episode of flash on tv, might not get back to table until tomorrow

But yeah soooo much fun. Good voices good sound. I started one mode. Carnage I think. And the music changed from the prodigy like music to a variation of the Spider-Man pinball music from the first table. I though that was a nice little nod or Easter egg or whatever.

Like the design a lot very unique feel to it and like the mini play fields

Comment

Hai guys! There's a stream tonight at 7:55!

Tonight I'm going to give everyone a first look at the new Venom table for Zen Pinball 2!

I'm also going to be streaming Han Solo because I ended the stream early last time.

http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre
                  Completed Tables:
                  Spider-Man, Ms. Splosion Man, Captain America, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Sorcerer's Lair, Plants vs. Zombies, The Avengers, World War Hulk, Civil War, Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Super League Football

Xbox 360 ID: NoahChron
                  PlayStation 4 ID: richc111
                  PS4 Twitch Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre

Comment

Well I'm already number 4 on the all time PS3 leaderboards, with a score of just 72 or 74 million (vendra13). Does anyone know what the all time high score is on the PS4 leaderboards? Zen, I am available to be a tester for your tables anytime, on the 360 too. Just let me know
                    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
                      Well I'm already number 4 on the all time PS3 leaderboards, with a score of just 72 or 74 million (vendra13). Does anyone know what the all time high score is on the PS4 leaderboards? Zen, I am available to be a tester for your tables anytime, on the 360 too. Just let me know
                      Don't know high score but on ps4 I have about 140 million

1. Beat carnage
                      2. Beat multiball
                      3. Beat host
                      4 did battle got about 5-6 hits in and lost

All that and I was around 130-140 million I think

Comment

Played a few rounds earlier before going to work. I really like it! Beat Carnage, had fun with the Suit multiball, that's where you can rack up some serious points, and I think I beat Jailbreak several times.

Getting the ball in the upper playfield sinkhole is hard as heck lol then, once I finally did to start a mission, the next ramp I had to hit was the one to the right in the playfield (venom flame ramp so to speak). Couldn't get it there in time.

Love the captive ball save feature where Venom swings it back with his tongue after draining, that's great.

My top score was like 145m or something like that (PS4).

Comment

AWESOME! I am going to have to practice at this one. Thanks again Zen Team!
                          "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Comment

Wow, what a fantastic table. I may be slightly biased because I've been requesting a Maximum Carnage table for a while (it's not the full Maximum Carnage event but I'll take what I can get), but I'm absolutely loving this table. I love that it sort of ties in to the previous Spider-Man table mechanically with 4+ flippers with some tough shots. All of the shots so far have been interesting, tough, but not unfair.

So far my only issue is that the spider sense bang back isn't very rewarding. That's a very tough skill to master and there doesn't seem to be any reward for it other than to keep playing. I was fully expecting a Trophy/Achievement for finally hitting it. The normal bang back is actually easier get from my experience so far.

Overall I'm so happy with this table and love that you continue to put out Marvel tables. I'll buy whatever tables you guys make but the Marvel tables are definitely my favorites.
                            Marvel Table Wishlist: Maximum Carnage, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Spider-Man 2099, Dark Reign, Daredevil, Age of Apocalypse

Other Table Wishlist: Blue Man Group, Cirque Du Solei, Tron, Portal, Warhammer 40k (or Space Hulk), Blood Bowl, Cosmic Encounter, Formula D

Comment

Originally posted by Xeonic-Ice View Post
                              The normal bang back is actually easier get from my experience so far.
                              Totally agree, in fact I've tried several times just to say I've used the Spidey save but as the normal bang-backs are so reliable on this table I think I'll just use those. While we're on the subject of ball-saves, I personally dislike the one where he drops down the captive ball with his tongue when you lose a ball. Having this feature so easily activated means I spend too much time trying to re-activate it when I use it, it's like an infinite ball-save and is one of my pet hates.

I like how the table feels unlike any other though, lots to do and it's gonna be pretty high-scoring I think. I got over 300k without knowing what I was really doing and some modes offer BIG rewards. Just needed to light the first mode (is it Symbiote?) but I wasn't sure how to, all the others seem pretty simple. Is it completing the hurry-ups?

Skill-shot is tough. If you do manage it then Double skill-shot is available straight after by locking the ball above the flippers where you lock them for Multiball. I think this also counts as locking 1 ball for Multiball so could be handy.

Comment

Yes another great table by Soltan Vari

Not his best IMO but still great nonetheless. I have tough time with 'Battle' mode. Think it is actually the toughest one.

'Black Suit' MB too. Have to time those shots in conjunction with where the lights are. I think triggering the right flipper makes the light go right and the left go left. Hitting the targets open up the locks. You have to hit the correct one as the 'SUIT' Target reset if you don't hit the correct one. Kind of reminds me of Centaur a bit. that and the out-lane nudges. That's all cool and all. Love that aspect of this table where accurate shots and awareness is a necessity.

I really hope the hurry-up modes isn't so predominant on this table. As I see it get the ball into the Bumpers and it scrolls through the various hurry-up modes. Hurry-up is lit and it's on a timer. Shoot the 'carnage' ramp hard enough to get it to the hole. Then shoot at the lanes the that are flashing. I've gotten 6M+ on some of them.

Mini table is pretty cool. hit all 'Jailbreak' targets then hit escape 1/2 and exit shooting the lit ramp. When Venom says 'Hit the Lit Ramp', You should do so as I see it it's the only way to increase your multipliers.

Overall a fun table.

What an excellent year for Zen and Pinball Fans abroad. Can't wait to see what's in store for next year.

Happy Holidays Barbie and the rest of the Zen team! Keep those tables coming.
                                Last edited by tenorhero; 12-10-2014, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X