• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • romhog
    Pinhead
    • Mar 2010

ps4/ps3 main menu suggestion

Happy Holidays all,

I have wanted to bring this up and sorry if it has before, but because we have so many awesome tables now to play, the main menu of the game which lists all the tables is, of course, making the icons get smaller and smaller. Are there any plans to increase these icons "tiled" on the screen? Or possibly a carousel type interface, etc?

Thanks in advance!
  • ShoryukenToTheChin
    Writer of Guides
    • Apr 2011

Yeh something needs to be done to the Table Library as it can't get any smaller than that, surely?
    sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• shogun00
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2011

Zen! We need categories and a scroll.

- No more than 12 icons on the screen.
      - Have a page scroll to reduce the clutter.
      - Have a categories section and add the following categories: All Tables (new to old), My Tables (lists only the tables you bought), Marvel Tables, Star Wars Tables , Other License Tables, and Zen Original Tables.
      - Add a random select feature in the My Tables folder for those that can't decide which table to play.

I know that redundancy is usually frown upon, but I think it's needed in this game's UI.

Comment

• skyway73
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by shogun00

- Have a categories section and add the following categories: All Tables (new to old), My Tables (lists only the tables you bought), Marvel Tables, Star Wars Tables , Other License Tables, and Zen Original Tables.
        - Add a random select feature in the My Tables folder for those that can't decide which table to play.

I know that redundancy is usually frown upon, but I think it's needed in this game's UI.
        Nice ideas shogun. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about a whole new Zen Pinball this year, not just a spruce up of the menu... I'm sure there must be plans to harness the power of the new generation of consoles

Comment

• Eternal21
          • Mar 2015

Also, it would be nice to have an option to arrange the tables in the order I last played them in. So the latest table I played should be the first one in the list. That way I would only need to start the game, and press X twice to continue playing the table, instead of trying to find it in the maze of 50 tables.

Comment

• romhog
            Pinhead
            • Mar 2010

Bump!
            I noticed now (having every table) that the main menu is just, well, WAY to small. Is there any chance this will get fixed soon? It's such a trivial thing to bicker about with how flawless the quality of work is you guys do, but come on, your killing my eyes on selecting a table.

Thanks again for listening!

Comment

• shogun00
              Pinball Wizard
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by romhog
              Bump!
              I noticed now (having every table) that the main menu is just, well, WAY to small. Is there any chance this will get fixed soon? It's such a trivial thing to bicker about with how flawless the quality of work is you guys do, but come on, your killing my eyes on selecting a table.
              Agreed! They are working on a new pinball platform for all devices (same name across the board) and this is probably on the top of their list.

I wish they would do what they did with the Xbox One/360 version of the game and create a few categories as a temporary fix until the new platform comes out.

I would also like to see a random select feature, that just randomly selects a table from the tables you own. Sometimes I can spend up to 15 minutes deciding which table to play.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2012

I wish they would do what they did with the Xbox One/360 version of the game and create a few categories as a temporary fix until the new platform comes out.
                We are planning something similar, though I don't have an ETA on it at the moment.

Comment

• djb5f
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Jun 2015

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                  We are planning something similar, though I don't have an ETA on it at the moment.

Sounds great!

Also, Barbie, I posted an issue over on the Star Wars sub forum I don't know if you had seen and whether you might be aware of the issue. It is intermittent but it comes up quite a bit (over the last couple weeks definitely).

Thanks!

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by djb5f
                    Sounds great!

Also, Barbie, I posted an issue over on the Star Wars sub forum I don't know if you had seen and whether you might be aware of the issue. It is intermittent but it comes up quite a bit (over the last couple weeks definitely).

Thanks!
                    Found it - will let the team know

Comment

• zoetl
                      • Oct 2010

Nice suggestion

Nice list!
                      I'd also like to see a category like highest/lowest local score tables. Also list tables per highest/lowest rank among my friends.
                      And please add a mute button for the music while in menu seperate from the tables audio options. I cant stand the music any more after all the years. And it repeats quit quick.

bye
                      zoetl

Comment

• romhog
                        Pinhead
                        • Mar 2010

Thanks Barbie for the update! My "Eyes" look forward to the change.

Comment

• romhog
                          Pinhead
                          • Mar 2010

Any update on the menu?

Morning Barbie,

Any news on if the main menu for the game will be updated? Icons getting smaller and smaller.... so much room on the screen but so much priority given to the high scores on the right. Maybe move the high scores to a banner at the bottom, heck even make it a dot matrix look just like in the tables (this would be more artistic/consistent to the game overall anyhow).

Just wanted to check in on if there might still be any changes to the menu, and as always thanks for paying attention to what we, the fans, have to say/ask.

Paul

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by romhog
                            Morning Barbie,

Any news on if the main menu for the game will be updated? Icons getting smaller and smaller.... so much room on the screen but so much priority given to the high scores on the right. Maybe move the high scores to a banner at the bottom, heck even make it a dot matrix look just like in the tables (this would be more artistic/consistent to the game overall anyhow).

Just wanted to check in on if there might still be any changes to the menu, and as always thanks for paying attention to what we, the fans, have to say/ask.

Paul
                            Sorry, nothing to report.

Comment

• sobaku
                              • Sep 2011

Hi,

Each time I see an update for Zen Pinball, I hope I could now distinguish the icons and have different pages to manage all the tables.
                              Not this time. Not yet.
                              It would be more than appreciable however...

Comment

Working...