Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excaliber question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Excaliber question

    Does anyone know how to hit the E in tale in excaliber with any success its blocked by the slingshot. please help i love this table but stopped playing it because i dont know how to hit it. Could someone please enlighten me.
    PLAY MORE PINBALL!!!!

    Go Bowen Kerins!!!

  • #2
    The only way that seems to work is an alley pass into the Right Inlane. It's hard to pull off in Zen Pinball, but it can be done.
    Last edited by shogun00; 01-05-2015, 03:46 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      yeah i cany do those with any consistency on zen. I love zen pinball a LOT but these kind of shots arent any fun imho. pinnall should be decided by skill not on getting lucky on a weird carom. zen i love you but please stop with shots like these
      PLAY MORE PINBALL!!!!

      Go Bowen Kerins!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sk8terboi1000 View Post
        Does anyone know how to hit the E in tale in excaliber with any success its blocked by the slingshot. please help i love this table but stopped playing it because i dont know how to hit it. Could someone please enlighten me.
        At least it's not an important shot, in fact I can't see a reason to even try going for it. Much easier/safer ways to score big Not sure why it would stop anyone playing the table?...

        I can't think of too many shots like this on other Zen tables, maybe Earth Defense and Butters? Not sure.

        Comment


        • #5
          I remember asking this question many moon ago about the Xbox 360 version.

          There is no shot as such - you just need a lucky ricochet.

          Im still not sure if many people on here have completed the table - mainly because you need to light that letter to start the missions and as mentioned above there are far better ways of scoring. Also there is no acheivement for the wizard mode - at least on Xbox 360.

          I dont mind to be honest - this table kept its mystery for a long time because of that shot. I prefer that to a table where everything is seen in a day!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Alipan View Post
            I remember asking this question many moon ago about the Xbox 360 version.

            There is no shot as such - you just need a lucky ricochet.
            Yeah! I remember that, but I just recently learned about the Ally Pass/Shot and I've have hit it consistently with that technique (10 times now).


            I'm still not sure if many people on here have completed the table - mainly because you need to light that letter to start the missions and as mentioned above there are far better ways of scoring. Also there is no acheivement for the wizard mode - at least on Xbox 360.
            A couple people have completed all five missions in one game. There is no wizard mode, you just get a 10 Million Point completion bonus.
            Last edited by shogun00; 01-05-2015, 06:00 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I didn't know about the alley shot - I will definitely try that next time!

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for the alley shot suggestion, i have been playing with that shot this morning and pretty much got the ball cradled in left flipper and can flip it up the right inline prett consistently . Problem is you have to hit the "E" with a lot of force to make it register as a hit, so a carefully aimed cradle alley shot does not do it. You have to whack the crap out of it from cradle or do a rolling alley shot when it comes down the left inlane- both of which are much much harder shots to do successfully.

                If zen could do an update and make the "E" targets sensitivity higher so that if you touch it your good - I would be very happy with a skillfull finessed alley shot to help activate the main missions - I think the entire world would appreciate it

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DA5ID View Post
                  Thanks for the alley shot suggestion, i have been playing with that shot this morning and pretty much got the ball cradled in left flipper and can flip it up the right inline prett consistently . Problem is you have to hit the "E" with a lot of force to make it register as a hit, so a carefully aimed cradle alley shot does not do it. You have to whack the crap out of it from cradle or do a rolling alley shot when it comes down the left inlane- both of which are much much harder shots to do successfully.
                  Yeah! Every time that I hit the target was with a running start from the left inlane. I never cradled the ball.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    My method of hitting 'E' was cradling the ball in right flipper and then hitting the right side of the sword hilt. A lot of times the ball would bounce off right into the letter.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X