Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vita cross play

Hello everybody,

just recently I finally bought an PS Vita. I was pretty confused to find out that I can import the tables I bought at my PS3 but not the ones I have bought at my PS4.
    I just read at the Zen homepage (hidden in an FAQ), that you have to buy the tables at your Vita and than import them to the PS4 but not the other way around! How ... is that!? How about telling this before the payment at the Playstore!? Especially since I can't see any (technical) reasons for this.
    Unfortunately the company can't be contacted (haven't found a way at the homepage). Is there any way to get an explanation from them?

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Frank

Originally posted by anuyahong View Post
    Hello everybody,

just recently I finally bought an PS Vita. I was pretty confused to find out that I can import the tables I bought at my PS3 but not the ones I have bought at my PS4.
    I just read at the Zen homepage (hidden in an FAQ), that you have to buy the tables at your Vita and than import them to the PS4 but not the other way around! How ... is that!? How about telling this before the payment at the Playstore!? Especially since I can't see any (technical) reasons for this.
    Unfortunately the company can't be contacted (haven't found a way at the homepage). Is there any way to get an explanation from them?

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Frank
    The way I understand it, it is because Sony built the PS4 store as a new, separate entity from the previous PS3/Vita stores. So the PS4 is backwards compatible with the old PSN system, but not the other way around. It's a Sony issue, not a Zen issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalzoic View Post
      The way I understand it, it is because Sony built the PS4 store as a new, separate entity from the previous PS3/Vita stores. So the PS4 is backwards compatible with the old PSN system, but not the other way around. It's a Sony issue, not a Zen issue.
      That's pretty much right.

The PS4 doesn't have access to the PS3/Vita/PSP storefronts. However, it does have access to the download list and the PS4 can recognize PS3/Vita content through that. The PS3 and Vita can recognize actual PS4 game files through the download list, but not the add-ons (aka DLC) for some reason. This is why some games like Flow and Flower are 3-way cross-buy, while Zen Pinball 2 is only one way for the PS4.
      Last edited by shogun00; 01-28-2015, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
        That's pretty much right. The PS4 doesn't have access to the PS3/Vita/PSP storefronts. However, it does have access to the download list and the PS4 can recognize PS3/Vita content through that. The PS3 and Vita can recognize PS4 game files through the download list, but not the odd-ons (aka DLC) for some reason. This is why that some games like Flow and Flower are 3-way cross-buy, while Zen Pinball 2 is only one way for the PS4.
        Thanks for your reply.
        It's hard to believe (for me) that this is really an unsolvable technicle problem... Anyway: At least, Zen studios could have mentioned that in the game / playstore when I am buying an table. Not hiding this fact somewhere at their website...

Anyway: Is there no way to contact them?

Thank you very much, enjoy your games,
        Frank

Comment

Originally posted by anuyahong View Post
          Thanks for your reply.
          It's hard to believe (for me) that this is really an unsolvable technicle problem... Anyway: At least, Zen studios could have mentioned that in the game / playstore when I am buying an table. Not hiding this fact somewhere at their website...

Anyway: Is there no way to contact them?

Thank you very much, enjoy your games,
          Frank
          It is mentioned in the game - many people skip over the notice though. I just received your email - let me see what I can do.

Comment

Working...
          X