Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZP3 - What is your opinion?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ZP3 - What is your opinion?

    I was reading other areas of this forum and the topic of ZP3 came up. Two related issues came up, first, it would allow for the use of the full capabilities of the PS4, and second it would fix some other issues such as max trophies.

    Would the capabilities of the PS4 improve ZP?
    What fixes or improvements would you like to see?

    ...

    For me, I'd like to see a fix to pro score, and trophies/accomplishments tweaked, specifically more than 2 trophies per table. I'd hate to see a loss of trophies and existing accomplishments, probably have to happen. I'm really curious what ideas others have on improvements.


    Raffmouse

  • #2
    Some Ideas for ZP3

    I got some ideas for ZP3 which I think should be implemented -
    • A categorized Table library - separate Marvel Tables from Originals, having an option to favorite a Table/s. Aesthetically It would be awesome to have the library load up as if you are entering a retro arcade or something.
    • "Call Assistant" feature for those random times the Ball gets stuck or a glitch occurs.
    • Dual Shock 4 Lightbar corresponding to whats happening on the screen, similar to how Peggle 2 has the Lightbar changing color to the Pegs being hit.
    • Dual Shock 4 Speaker - perhaps have it utter things like Extra Ball, or even still have some mechanical sounds output from it.
    • Weekly challenges - score so and so points etc.
    • In Game Trophy Cabinet - perhaps have various achievements that can be gained in-game and showed off to the rest of the community. An extension of the PSN Trophy system.
    • Community sharing section for videos, screens and strategies.


    Just some of my thoughts. Of course I wouldn't know how easy each would be to implement, just food for thought.
    sigpic

    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

    Comment


    • #3
      I made this thread for fx3 some time ago which listed some of the things I wanted in next gen.

      http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthre...nball+features

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
        I got some ideas for ZP3 which I think should be implemented -
        [LIST][*]A categorized Table library - separate Marvel Tables from Originals, having an option to favorite a Table/s. Aesthetically It would be awesome to have the library load up as if you are entering a retro arcade or something.
        I actually thought about something similar. Why not just do Marvel Pinball 2 a standalone game? release it with the four tables that came out after Marvel Pinball 1 stopped (Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy and Venom) plus maybe one or two new ones. Then release the new Marvel tables just for MP2 and all the others for ZP3 .

        Comment


        • #5
          Some great ideas there, I like the idea of challenges within the game which could then unlock items. Love the idea of walking into your own virtual gameroom with all the tables you own there as 'real' machines. You could then unlock items for your gameroom via the challenges maybe? I think Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare has a similar really addictive and rewarding system which involves challenges, really adds to the game.

          Love the idea of sound from the PS4 controller, maybe just certain speech like EEEEEXXXXTTTTRRRAAAA BAAAAAAALLL!! Ahem.. sorry about that. Or a bell sound, or the knocker, or TILT warning. Not too much though as the battery already gets zapped too quickly!

          Talking about the battery, I don't understand how people even notice when the light-bar changes colour, maybe I'm missing something. If I could switch it off, I would. But that's an old chestnut.

          All I really want is a neater front end for the tables owned and souped up graphics which give me the flashes and lighting I know the PS4 is capable of Anything else would just be a bonus.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by surf1der View Post
            I made this thread for fx3 some time ago which listed some of the things I wanted in next gen.

            http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthre...nball+features
            Just read this thread, you have some nice ideas there sir. The idea of setting a league/cup competition for your friends would be awesome, especially if you can adjust the rules etc. (time, tables included, just 1 ball)

            Comment


            • #7
              How about a statistics screen?
              Must have stuff like total play time, most played table, average time on a ball, number of completed hurry-ups, number of completed wizard modes, number of activated multi-balls, number of earned extra balls and a whole bunch more

              Comment


              • #8
                Portrait mode -Having the option to rotate my monitor 90 degrees so i can get a full screen view of the table would be great. I would think it wouldn't be too hard to add, its something you guys already do for vita/mobile/pc. Plus 1 to the other ideas stated.
                Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 02-19-2015, 07:31 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Beliskner View Post
                  I actually thought about something similar. Why not just do Marvel Pinball 2 a standalone game? release it with the four tables that came out after Marvel Pinball 1 stopped (Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy and Venom) plus maybe one or two new ones. Then release the new Marvel tables just for MP2 and all the others for ZP3 .
                  I have to say that I would hate that, just like I really hate the StarWars standalone one. It makes sense to have categories within Zen, but not having to use multiple programs to play the same game. Especially when features are locked out of one frontend.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Metalzoic View Post
                    I have to say that I would hate that, just like I really hate the StarWars standalone one. It makes sense to have categories within Zen, but not having to use multiple programs to play the same game. Especially when features are locked out of one frontend.
                    I see what you mean and I understand that opinion completely . I just like the idea of a Marvel Pinball 2. Also having a screen cluttered with table icons isn't the most amazing thing. Realized that when I downloaded all the new tables. If you haven't played for a while it actually takes a little time to find the table you want to play

                    Got another idea: True Zen Master Mode
                    In this mode the ball is invisible and your only hope are audio queues and the movement of the camera (if a moving camera is selected) . If that's too hard maybe make it so that the ball flashes every two seconds or so. Or you get a 20 second view on the ball if score a jackpot, complete a hurry up etc.
                    Might be a fun bonus mode for the beasts among us

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Beliskner View Post
                      I see what you mean and I understand that opinion completely . I just like the idea of a Marvel Pinball 2. Also having a screen cluttered with table icons isn't the most amazing thing. Realized that when I downloaded all the new tables. If you haven't played for a while it actually takes a little time to find the table you want to play

                      Got another idea: True Zen Master Mode
                      In this mode the ball is invisible and your only hope are audio queues and the movement of the camera (if a moving camera is selected) . If that's too hard maybe make it so that the ball flashes every two seconds or so. Or you get a 20 second view on the ball if score a jackpot, complete a hurry up etc.
                      Might be a fun bonus mode for the beasts among us
                      ^^this sound like the idea I posted a while ago for a daredevil table. In a mission the table goes black when the ball hits something it lights up in a grayish state for a few seconds to show his echo location hearing power. But you changed it to an invisible ball but basically the same premise.

                      Anyway I just used this to again promote my ideas for a daredevil table. I mean c'mon man he had a movie, a major marvel character, coming out with his own Netflix series-- now he needs his own table

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DiscoKing View Post
                        ^^this sound like the idea I posted a while ago for a daredevil table. In a mission the table goes black when the ball hits something it lights up in a grayish state for a few seconds to show his echo location hearing power. But you changed it to an invisible ball but basically the same premise.

                        Anyway I just used this to again promote my ideas for a daredevil table. I mean c'mon man he had a movie, a major marvel character, coming out with his own Netflix series-- now he needs his own table
                        Wouldn't mind a Daredevil table at all . Despite what a lot of people arer saying I enjoyed the Daredevil movie. Wasn't great but fun .

                        Got another idea for a different mode: Survival.
                        It's all about knowing the table inside out. You start off with two minutes on the clock and have to gain time by completing tasks. 10 seconds for a Combo, 20 seconds for a Supercombo, 20 seconds for a completed hurry up, 15 seconds for locking a ball, 40-50 seconds for completing a main mission (time gained depending on difficulty of the mission) etc.
                        You also don't start with three balls but just lose a minute or two every time you drain one. If you manage to get the timer over 3 minutes gravity increases by 15%. You reach 4 minutes gravity increases by 25% and so on. Just so you don't rack up points infinitely

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i would like a tournament system implemented , maybe the weekly or monthly table something like that
                          i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Beliskner View Post
                            Wouldn't mind a Daredevil table at all . Despite what a lot of people arer saying I enjoyed the Daredevil movie. Wasn't great but fun .

                            Got another idea for a different mode: Survival.
                            It's all about knowing the table inside out. You start off with two minutes on the clock and have to gain time by completing tasks. 10 seconds for a Combo, 20 seconds for a Supercombo, 20 seconds for a completed hurry up, 15 seconds for locking a ball, 40-50 seconds for completing a main mission (time gained depending on difficulty of the mission) etc.
                            You also don't start with three balls but just lose a minute or two every time you drain one. If you manage to get the timer over 3 minutes gravity increases by 15%. You reach 4 minutes gravity increases by 25% and so on. Just so you don't rack up points infinitely
                            Great original idea - I like it a lot.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Beliskner View Post
                              Wouldn't mind a Daredevil table at all . Despite what a lot of people arer saying I enjoyed the Daredevil movie. Wasn't great but fun .

                              Got another idea for a different mode: Survival.
                              It's all about knowing the table inside out. You start off with two minutes on the clock and have to gain time by completing tasks. 10 seconds for a Combo, 20 seconds for a Supercombo, 20 seconds for a completed hurry up, 15 seconds for locking a ball, 40-50 seconds for completing a main mission (time gained depending on difficulty of the mission) etc.
                              You also don't start with three balls but just lose a minute or two every time you drain one. If you manage to get the timer over 3 minutes gravity increases by 15%. You reach 4 minutes gravity increases by 25% and so on. Just so you don't rack up points infinitely
                              I like it too! It could be a great addition in the future.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X