Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Pinball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    It's an overall difficulty - When you first start a game, you choose between easy, medium, and hard. The hard setting has increased pitch and shorter timers, but you get more points for completing objectives.
    Ah thats good, rewarding Players who have a greater skill set.
    sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

It's an overall difficulty - When you first start a game, you choose between easy, medium, and hard. The hard setting has increased pitch and shorter timers, but you get more points for completing objectives.
      Will be very interesting to see how that balances out with the scoring, great to see new innovations from Zen anyway.

I have wondered before if Zen's tables would play better with a less steep pitch? Only slightly less pitch I mean.

Comment

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Awesome.

Comment

Great to see another Marvel table as those always turn out great (except for Thor which is the worst table in history ). Really like the dark design. That was to be expected though as most tables succeed in the visual department . Of course this will be a day one buy for me as well

Comment

Originally posted by Beliskner View Post
            Great to see another Marvel table as those always turn out great (except for Thor which is the worst table in history ). Really like the dark design. That was to be expected though as most tables succeed in the visual department . Of course this will be a day one buy for me as well
            Personal opinion of course. I love Thor. I would give my list of Marvel tables as follows.

1. Fear itself - Great modes just an all around great table that's also challenging
            2. X-men - Deeper than it looks
            3. Deadpool - Love the fact that you can choose the difficulty of the modes
            4. Thor - Love the design and layout. Kind of challenging as once you lose the balls in 'wizard' mode you have to start over
            5. Fantastic Four - fun Stacked modes galore
            6. Avengers - Love how each ball is represented for each hero. Interesting modes to coincide with this
            7. Infinity Gauntlet - Love the modes the fact you don't have to beat every mode/guantlet.You score morepoints if you do though
            8. Civil War - Challenging especially when you try to get other heroes to fight for you.
            9. Moon Knight - Not a well known Marvel hero but the table is a beauty to behold. Interesting modes
            10. Blade - Didn't like it first but after knowing what to do it's one of my favs
            11. Captain America - Some shots are really tricky. Love the look of the playfield
            12. Iron Man - Difficult getting to the last boss. You lose the 'wizard' mode you start over completing all modes again.
            13. Wolverine - A marathon table one of the best of the first gen table IMO
            14. Dr Strange - I like the modes too many hurry ups IMO
            15. Spiderman - a Marathon table. I think best aspect of the table is the music
            16. Venom - Really couldn't get into this table. But the modes are interesting
            17. World War Hulk - I call ramp spam. Probably the most disappointing table coming from the one that made Thor and Iron Man
            18. Guardians of the Galaxy - It's ok. I though it was a bit easy but you have to cater to casual crowd right?
            19. Ghost Rider - Nothing about this table was fun IMO.

Comment

Trophy list is out:

'Borrowed Time' - Use up both kickbacks in one activation on the Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron table. (Single player only)

Sounds interesting...

Comment

Avengers Assemble! Check out the launch trailer for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Pinball, out this week!

Comment

Cross Buy with PS4?

Hi, I just wanted to make absolutely sure before I bought it (the table is now available for purchase in the PSN Store) : I'm assuming that this table is like every previous one in that if you buy the PS3/Vita version you will also get the PS4 version for free after completing the purchase. The reason I ask is that it's not mentioned in Barbie's PlayStation Blog post the way it usually is when a new table is announced.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Decker View Post
                    Hi, I just wanted to make absolutely sure before I bought it (the table is now available for purchase in the PSN Store) : I'm assuming that this table is like every previous one in that if you buy the PS3/Vita version you will also get the PS4 version for free after completing the purchase. The reason I ask is that it's not mentioned in Barbie's PlayStation Blog post the way it usually is when a new table is announced.
                    Thanks!
                    Yes - always purchase on PS3 or Vita first, then import to PS4

Enjoy!

Comment

Yes - always purchase on PS3 or Vita first, then import to PS4

Enjoy!
                      Sure enough. Bought the PS3 version and the PS4 is Free for me now. Bought that and added it to my Download queue. Looking forward to playing this tonight and Star Wars in a week. Keep the great content coming!

BTW : I just finally finished The Walking Dead Season 1, so I guess it's safe for me to play the pinball table without any spoilers at last!

Comment

Just played for about an hour or so. I like the layout of the table a lot. You can keep the combo flow going quite some time. But for me it has the same issue the first Avengers table and Civil War has, the missions don't complement the flow of the table and seem more to interrupt it. Granted, this is just a first impression, but I found myself trying to avoid starting missions to enjoy the table more. That said, I think even Zen's worst tables are still fun and I'm happy to have a new one, whether it becomes one of my favorites or not.
                        Thanks all.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hunter328 View Post
                          Just played for about an hour or so. I like the layout of the table a lot. You can keep the combo flow going quite some time. But for me it has the same issue the first Avengers table and Civil War has, the missions don't complement the flow of the table and seem more to interrupt it. Granted, this is just a first impression, but I found myself trying to avoid starting missions to enjoy the table more. That said, I think even Zen's worst tables are still fun and I'm happy to have a new one, whether it becomes one of my favorites or not.
                          Thanks all.
                          I really like the table played for about an hour on both PS3 and ps4. Hard to go back to the PS3 after playing on the ps4. The PS3 is so grainy looking while the ps4 is smooth and crystal clear looking. Love the table active slings but outlanes are hard to get to which brings me to my question

Is this trophy a punishment to all that complained about active slings? Lol

I can never get my ball to go down the outlanes in time to earn the trophy

Comment

Wow, this table is fast and furious! Even on Easy mode the ball is whizzing about at break-neck speed. Love it!! I have tried the Medium and Hard difficulty levels but find it hard to keep up and not sure the increased rewards are worth it? I could be wrong though.

Anyway, here's me beating the Wizard mode, please don't watch if you don't want to spoil anything.

Comment

Originally posted by skyway73 View Post
                              Wow, this table is fast and furious! Even on Easy mode the ball is whizzing about at break-neck speed. Love it!! I have tried the Medium and Hard difficulty levels but find it hard to keep up and not sure the increased rewards are worth it? I could be wrong though.

Anyway, here's me beating the Wizard mode, please don't watch if you don't want to spoil anything.
                              Hard mode is definitely worth I think. You get 3X the points basically. I've tried all difficulty levels and agree it's till pretty fast. Hard mode timers are really quick. Love the challenge and I don't think I'll wimp out and do easy or medium.

Great table though I wish they did more like did in avengers where you can take different approaches reaching the wizard mode. Still though nice touch that each mode seems to have a designated ball font.

Only had a chance to play for about an hr. Again..... a great table and love the challenge in hard mode.

Comment

Good points :
                                - slingshots don't put the ball in the outlane (not always)
                                - good flow
                                - marathon game will be good

Bad points :
                                - having 2-5 seconds to read the objectives of the mission before it starts will have been better, instead of doing the mission 2-3 times to know what to do at the end.
                                - mission 5 is a difficulty cap when compared to others. The lack of control on the 2 balls doesn't help to avoid outlanes, maybe less ramps to light off will have been better (3-5-8 instead of 5-8-idk). On the other hand, mission 1, where you can shoot each ball in each ramps is more accessible even with more shoots needed.
                                - when the ball falls off the bumpers by the right side, it's outlane time !
                                - is there a method to see which mission will start before completing ASSEMBLE ? Without going on the Avengers Tower from the Hawkeye ramp.
                                - The ASSEMBLE reward are too vague. Duration of kickback increased : ok, but how many more seconds allowed ? And from how many seconds ? Is there a cap ? Is there a warning if we hit the cap ?

My opinion after making 570M with normal difficulty : very good
                                When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Comment

Working...
                                X