Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghost Rider tournament coming 20 Jan 2012?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ghost Rider tournament coming 20 Jan 2012?

    I finally could play few pinball games yesterday after ending with lagging Skyrim. What a relief to play again a real game!!!

    I checked and there seems to be a tournament starting in a couple of days. For once I have been lucky because I missed all of them. Isn't it possible to make an in-game option to register for incoming tournaments, so we get advised with a PSN message? What's the point of having tournaments if people don't know about it. i couldn't find any info in this forum either.

    Thanks!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Michelasso View Post
    Isn't it possible to make an in-game option to register for incoming tournaments, so we get advised with a PSN message?
    Nope! If I had a dime for every time Zen complained about the PSN messaging system on these forums.

    When a tournament is live an unique icon will appear on that table in the main menu. Also, you are automatically entered into the tournament, if you play that table during the duration. You don't need to go to the tournament section, which is just a leader board listing the results.

    Comment


    • #3
      A High Scoring Strategy Guide is available on my website.
      To you the billions!
      Hypno74.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Hypno74 View Post
        A High Scoring Strategy Guide is available on my website.
        To you the billions!
        Hypno74.com
        Thank you sir! I'll check it.

        @Shogun The problem is that I can't check every week if there is a tournament available. Well, i could, but it would feel like a job! It would be nice to at least have an option in this forum to get informed by email.

        Comment


        • #5
          First record with my trick:
          predator2030 made 18 billion, and that's just the beginning

          Comment


          • #6
            Ok, so I tried it last night. Never again!

            How long do you guys take? I spent 2 hours and I could make half a billion points. One following your strategy still has to do:

            - 6 super skill shots x 3 balls
            - another super skill shot x 15 balls
            - a 10x multiplier for each ball
            - you suggested 10 successful missions (x18 balls!!)

            Last but not least one must be careful of not losing any soul. And not losing any ball before having done let's say 10 missions.

            My highest multiplier has been 27x. My eyes were crossing.

            Comment


            • #7
              I just finished a game with 26 billion.
              Don't panic, points don't come quickly in the beginning.
              To the end of the game, the bonus EOB amounts to 1.5 billion for 300 successful missions (total for all balls)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hypno74 View Post
                I just finished a game with 26 billion.
                Don't panic, points don't come quickly in the beginning.
                To the end of the game, the bonus EOB amounts to 1.5 billion for 300 successful missions (total for all balls)
                I am not panicking, it's just that… 300 missions? Even at only 1 minute per mission (impossible. For me at least) it would take 5 hours. Plus everything else needed (like getting the bleeding right ramp and orbit. I keep missing!).

                That's not for me. I get too tense. I am afraid I am just a (decent) pinball amateur! I may give it another try tomorrow, right now I am sick of that table already.

                But congratulation for your patience (and skills, obviously)!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Michelasso View Post
                  I am not panicking, it's just that… 300 missions? Even at only 1 minute per mission (impossible. For me at least) it would take 5 hours. Plus everything else needed (like getting the bleeding right ramp and orbit. I keep missing!).

                  That's not for me. I get too tense. I am afraid I am just a (decent) pinball amateur! I may give it another try tomorrow, right now I am sick of that table already.

                  But congratulation for your patience (and skills, obviously)!!
                  I agree will you Michelasso. I dont have any interest in seriously competing in this tournament due to the length of the game. I'm tired of Zen picking a tournament table where 18 balls are available and a good game will take virtually forever. I dont have the time for these marathon games anymore. How about picking a table like Blade, Iron Man, Moon Knight, or Xmen? 9 Balls total and no spammable shots or missions.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SwitchBlade View Post
                    I agree will you Michelasso. I dont have any interest in seriously competing in this tournament due to the length of the game.
                    Ditto! I'll take my 1.5 billion (took me about 1.5 hours to get) and call it a week.

                    How about picking a table like Blade, Iron Man, Moon Knight, or Xmen? 9 Balls total and no spammable shots or missions.
                    I couldn't agree with you more.
                    Last edited by shogun00; 01-23-2012, 03:18 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                      Ditto! I'll take my 1.5 billion (took me an 1.5 hours to get) and call it a week.
                      What? In only 1.5 hours? I made 1/2 billion in 2 hours! What do I do wrong?Fortunately there is the saving system (hopefully I don't mess up when loading). After that time I feel like ending the game, losing the balls. And it was dinner time anyway.

                      But I agree that Ghost Rider was my least favorite V&V table even before knowing its tricks. If Zen wanted to be really nasty they could chose Iron Man!!

                      Oh well, that's what we've got anyway.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Michelasso View Post
                        What? In only 1.5 hours? I made 1/2 billion in 2 hours! What do I do wrong?
                        You're probably not doing anything wrong. I just know how to complete each mission quickly enough to take advantage of the time bonus.

                        I also can keep a multiball up for a long time and collect the jackpots (1 million each) and the super jackpots (2+ million each).

                        The only thing I'm not good at is the EoB bonus. I lose too many souls far too often.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hypno74 View Post
                          A High Scoring Strategy Guide is available on my website.
                          To you the billions!
                          Hypno74.com
                          No English Version of your Guide on your website??

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Do you try with google translate on top?
                            It's not exactly that but you could understand.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Hypno74 View Post
                              Do you try with google translate on top?
                              It's not exactly that but you could understand.
                              yeah, it gets a little confusing but with few guesses it is understandable at the end. I still wonder why Google translated "Serpent" to "Snake", though. It's hard to spell snake on the table!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X