Game Informer Scanned Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Informer Scanned Photos

Here's the entire article for those who haven't seen it yet. My eyes exploded from all of the revealed content. Enjoy!

Last edited by Bearded_Warrior; 03-11-2012, 06:24 PM.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Thx for posting man

Comment

Yeh its awesome that you posted this here for community members who couldn't get their hands on the Mag, Its a good read and im absolutely happy with whats coming... and whats that PFX3 ooooh
      sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
      *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

No problem guys. It's a really good article with a ton of information. It's too good not to share And I know I lot of you guys are spread out all over the world and wouldn't be able to get your hands on a copy.

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Comment

So Zen is working on a popular game made by PopCap. So, what are the games made by PopCap ? Wikipedia says they made Zuma... ok.... Bejeweled... not bad... Plants vs Zombie... Ok, i think we've got the next table !
          Last edited by Mammouth; 03-12-2012, 11:13 AM.
          When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Comment

Thanks for the post mate, it was really nice to read more about Zen Studios history and of course the news about a new 4-pack DLC (and PFX3 for 360 users...).
            PSN: DreamyElf

Comment

Originally posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
              Here's the entire article for those who haven't seen it yet. My eyes exploded from all of the revealed content. Enjoy!
              Thanks for posting this, I was at GDC all week and didn't have much free time

Comment

Originally posted by Mammouth View Post
                So Zen is working on a popular game made by PopCap. So, what are the games made by PopCap ? Wikipedia says they made Zuma... ok.... Bejeweled... not bad... Plants vs Zombie... Ok, i think we've got the next table !
                Don't forget Peggle
                sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                  Thanks for posting this, I was at GDC all week and didn't have much free time
                  My pleasure. I love giving back to the community. I've also been updating the wikipedia page for a while now
                  Last edited by Bearded_Warrior; 03-13-2012, 12:19 AM. Reason: added hyperlink

Comment

wow can't wait , excellent news
                    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Comment

Originally posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
                      My pleasure. I love giving back to the community. I've also been updating the wikipedia page for a while now
                      You are awesome!! It really needed the update

Comment

Good post Warrior.
                        One thing I noticed "Playfield toys are a big thing."
                        ZEN, Pinball FIRST - gimmicks second.

Playing with the DMD centered, so I kinda miss these things anyhow
                        Last edited by silverballfanatic; 03-13-2012, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by silverballfanatic View Post
                          Good post Warrior.
                          One thing I noticed "Playfield toys are a big thing."
                          ZEN, Pinball FIRST - gimmicks second.

Playing with the DMD centered, so I kinda miss these things anyhow
                          One of the things that every one of our designers does, once the basic geometry is in place but there are no toys, modes, or logic, is hit the ball around for hours on end just making sure that the flow of the table is enjoyable.

The playfield toys are important for two reasons. 1. Because they are so distinctive, they as much as anything else help connect the gameplay to the table theme. 2. They are one of the primary means by which one table can differentiate itself from other tables right off the bat. Obviously, other table characteristics become more important after many plays, but it is important to have that hook that gets people to commit to those plays in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitude View Post
                            One of the things that every one of our designers does, once the basic geometry is in place but there are no toys, modes, or logic, is hit the ball around for hours on end just making sure that the flow of the table is enjoyable.

The playfield toys are important for two reasons. 1. Because they are so distinctive, they as much as anything else help connect the gameplay to the table theme. 2. They are one of the primary means by which one table can differentiate itself from other tables right off the bat. Obviously, other table characteristics become more important after many plays, but it is important to have that hook that gets people to commit to those plays in the first place.
                            Ay, I think that's why I enjoy your tables so much is the flow. It's possible to get a really nice rhythm going without even having to trap the ball, so a sort of high-speed rally can be kept up which really does make all the toys on the field that much more rewarding. ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by Solitude View Post
                              That sounds like the perfect job! Any vacancies?

Comment

Working...
                              X