Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Other Marvel Events Would You Like Tables For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siufu
    replied
    Originally posted by GSHT06SRT8 View Post
    I prefer some of the older storylines, so:

Age of Apocalypse & Onslaught - these 2 themes would be so easy to create
    Maximum Carnage
    X-Cutioner's Song

also a 2099 theme would be unique
    Yea, would love to see an AoA table.

Other suggestions:
    Dark Phoenix Saga - villains can be chosen from: Sebastian Shaw, Emma Frost, Mastermind, Gladiator(Shi'ar imperial guard), and finally Dark Phoenix
    Spider-Island - villains: Hobgoblin, Spider-King(aka controlled Captain America), Jackal, and finally Spider Queen transformed to a giant spider, you need to hit flashing tiny spiders to cut down her power.

Leave a comment:

• Fast Ball Special
    replied
    I adore all the ideas for Maximum Carnage including the multi-balls - perhaps as with the upcoming Avengers table there can be pinballs representing Spidey, Venom and Black Cat with special abilities. The ramps would shift and twist as per the symbiotic goo and Carnage would be there to taunt you in that sinister high-pitched tone they gave him in the original PS1 Spider-Man game.

Given the recent gameplay footage what sorts of Mini-Games or Missions would people be interested in Zen incorporating?

Leave a comment:

• maink
    replied
    the only thing i can think about right now is the what ifs comics and what the ?

Leave a comment:

• AlgusUnderdunk
    replied
    Marvel Zombies, specifically the arc where Aaron Stack (Machine Man) and Howard the Duck teamed up to fight them off. Lots of really insane set pieces to be had there.

....I don't know if it's technically in the Marvel roster as well, but that Army of Darkness crossover.... Evil Dead pinball....

Leave a comment:

• Dicepticon79
    replied
    cool idea

symbiont forming ramps yes , i loved the Spideycomics where Carnage or Venom apeared , cool idea m8 , but then we need a Symbiont Suit changing ball aswell....

Leave a comment:

• Evolve or die
    replied
    Originally posted by Xeonic-Ice View Post

I can just imagine all the symbiotic animations on the table like new ramps forming. It just seems like a really good theme for very interesting mechanics that can't be done on a real table, which is what makes digital pinball tables so awesome. The imagination can run wild!
    ooh, I like the symbiote ramp forming idea.

Leave a comment:

• Xeonic-Ice
    replied
    Maximum Carnage!!!!

I would absolutely love a Maximum Carnage themed table where you could even have different patterned balls (Venom is black with a white spider and a red and blue ball with black spider). It has a ton of lesser known characters thrown into the mix, both heroes and villains. The Fantastic 4 make an appearance too.

I can just imagine all the symbiotic animations on the table like new ramps forming. It just seems like a really good theme for very interesting mechanics that can't be done on a real table, which is what makes digital pinball tables so awesome. The imagination can run wild!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Xeonic-Ice; 03-20-2012, 12:38 AM. Reason: added image

Leave a comment:

• Fast Ball Special
    replied
    Originally posted by Evolve or die View Post
    All the other events above are so so, maybe secret wars, but only just. Dark Phoenix, whilst awesome, isnt that epic or inclusive, crossover-wise.

But murder world and the savage land. Hell yeah.

Oh, how about they make an epic Mutant War that features Cable time traveling through different periods throughout the war. The table itself changes in each time period, maybe just cosmetic, or a ramp moves or rules alter, as well. Take the blade concept one further. Bishop and co in the future, Scott and co in the present. Different outcomes depending on what you do in the past. Actually the more I think about it, the more this idea sounds absolutely awesome.
    Well you could equally say that about World War Hulk and Fear Itself - Secret Invasion and Secret Wars were both company spanning events for Marvel. And as I said for the less inclusive events such as the X-Men often have, they could be part of a set of tables for the X-Men fan to enjoy.

Having said that your ideas for a Cable Table sound awesome, maybe incorporing elements of his last ongoing series with Hope and Bishop? Time Travel or Alternate Universe gameplay could also work pretty well if there was an Exiles table with Blink, Nouturne and Morph amongst others.

A Secret Wars table would be fun like that! Maybe have that Healer woman to save your ball, and an array of mission to battle specific enemies from that event like Titanna, Molecule Man and Lizard, all leading up to the Doctor Doom God fight. Perhaps try and get that Hulk Holding Up a Mountain Subplot as a mission in there too!

Leave a comment:

• Madman
    replied
    I'm looking forward to the Civil War table.

I think a Secret Wars table would be cool. It would be interesting if the table representing battle-world was assembled from pieces of other Marvel pinball tables. Just as Battle-World was assembled from pieces of various planets.

Leave a comment:

• Evolve or die
    replied
    Originally posted by Fast Ball Special View Post
    One other possible type of table we could have (since Dan Slott was keen on the idea) was a Location themed table like Arcade's Murderworld. Another great choice in that line would be one for The Savage Land - Ka-Zar! Moon Boy! Devil Dinosaur! Shanna the She-Devil! Sauron!
    All the other events above are so so, maybe secret wars, but only just. Dark Phoenix, whilst awesome, isnt that epic or inclusive, crossover-wise.

But murder world and the savage land. Hell yeah.

Oh, how about they make an epic Mutant War that features Cable time traveling through different periods throughout the war. The table itself changes in each time period, maybe just cosmetic, or a ramp moves or rules alter, as well. Take the blade concept one further. Bishop and co in the future, Scott and co in the present. Different outcomes depending on what you do in the past. Actually the more I think about it, the more this idea sounds absolutely awesome.
    Last edited by Evolve or die; 03-19-2012, 11:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fast Ball Special
    replied
    Those are all great ideas! As I said and like the Avengers, Spider-Man and the X-Men have so many of their own focused but epic events that a four-table pack would be very easy for each of them. Another I also thought of for Spidey would be The Black Suit which would deal with the period where he gain the Symbiote costume only to end up battling Venom for the first time! But it's possible that Maximum Carnage would suit a Symbiote themed table more. The Other would also be a interesting table with Morlun and Elekiel.

One other possible type of table we could have (since Dan Slott was keen on the idea) was a Location themed table like Arcade's Murderworld. Another great choice in that line would be one for The Savage Land - Ka-Zar! Moon Boy! Devil Dinosaur! Shanna the She-Devil! Sauron!

Leave a comment:

• GSHT06SRT8
    replied
    I prefer some of the older storylines, so:

Age of Apocalypse & Onslaught - these 2 themes would be so easy to create
    Maximum Carnage
    X-Cutioner's Song

also a 2099 theme would be unique

Leave a comment:

• ShoryukenToTheChin
    replied
    Dude you pretty much write up all of my Events I would have listed.

I guess
    Maximum Carnage,
    Days of Future Past,
    Onslaught Saga,
    Spidermans - The Other Saga which I read the other day funny enough.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 03-19-2012, 01:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bearded_Warrior
    replied
    Nice choices, Fast Ball. The main one I would like to see is:

The Fall of the Mutants (featuring Archangel and Apocalypse)

From wikipedia:

The story begins with the team of Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman and Caliban being transported to the Ship of the villain Apocalypse. Offering them a place by his side in his evolutionary war against humans, they refuse, and a battle ensues between X-Factor and his Four Horsemen. The horseman Death then reveals himself to be their former teammate Angel, thought dead and now remade in Apocalypse's image with deadly, razor-sharp wings. He quickly defeats the team and they are restrained save for Caliban, who surrenders himself to Apocalypse in return for powers like Death. Apocalypse then unleashes his Horsemen on New York City and tries to force the heroes to watch. They are able to break free of their restraints, though, and attempt to stop the Horseman. In the process, they accidentally cause Apocalypse's airship to lose control, damaging several skyscrapers as it loses altitude. The preteen superhero team Power Pack helps limit the damage, destroying part of the airship's engine cowling just before the cowling would have impacted the Statue of Liberty. As the team battles the Horsemen, Iceman comes up with an idea to stop Archangel, and quickly creates a statue of himself out of ice. Archangel attacks and breaks the statue and, thinking it is actually Iceman, is overcome with guilt and switches sides. Apocalypse easily repels his attacks, but decides to make a tactical withdrawal anyway. After he leaves, the team quickly attempts to regain control of Apocalypse's airship, eventually bringing it to land on top of their headquarters, crushing it.
    Archangel is basically my favorite character and I would like to see him in any form or fashion. Particularly in his classic blue and pink attire with metallic wings. He could be used as either a hero or a villain, depending on how Zen wanted to spin the story. It doesn't really matter to me. I just want to see him as a key element on a table.

P.S. Sorry for hijacking your thread

Leave a comment:

• What Other Marvel Events Would You Like Tables For?

With Avenger Chronicles Zen are clearly now opening the gates for Comic Event Tables alongside Character Tables with Infinity Guantlet, World War Hulk and Fear Itself (not to mention that upcoming Civil War standalone table) but what others would you like to see. Here's a possible set of tables I'd be keen on:

Secret Invasion

The Skrulls have infiltraited Earth and now are massing with a powerful army of Super Skrulls! Can your heroes defeat the Skrull imposters posing as Elektra, Black Bolt and Yellowjacket? Use the table to fight against change and ready yourself for the final battle with Empress Veranke!

Dark Reign/Siege

Norman Osborn and his Dark Avengers have convinced the world that they are ther heroes of Earth, but you know you must stop him and his dark plans! Command a secret underground army of heroes to battle Osborn and his allies including the Hood, Taskmaster and Norman's twisted Avenger warriors. Can you ready yourself for the final battle against the Iron Patriot... and dare you temper the fury of the Void?!

Annihiliation

Annhilus and his huge armada of alien warriors threaten the entire universe! Unite Nova, Ronan the Accurser, Super Skrull and the Silver Surfer against him as you must find the means to battle the power of the Wave and bring order to the Universe!

Secret Wars

"I am from beyond! Slay your enemies and all that you desire will be yours! There is nothing impossible for me to accomplish!" With these words a collection of hero and villain alike find themselves on Battleworld at the behest of the power Beyonder. You must battle a collection of villains including Titannia, the Wrecking Crew, Ultron and Lizard if you are to return home. But the final battle will see you face a madman who will steal the powers of a god...

###

Those would be my choices for another set of Event based tables, though there are plenty of other great choices. One other option is to maybe have a set of tables based on events round a certain team. So a 'X-Men Chronicles' set could include tables for Dark Phoenix Saga, Age of Apocalpyse, House of M and Schism. Or a 'Spider-Man Chronicles' ones for Clone Saga, Back In Black, Grim Hunt and Spider-Island. In any case, really excited to see what Zen Pinball continues to create!
Working...
X