Installed Marvel Avengers Pinball...lost Marvel Pinball. PSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed Marvel Avengers Pinball...lost Marvel Pinball. PSN

Last night I purchased Marvel Avengers Pinball from PSN. Installed without any errors or anything. After install, I went to the XMB to play it, selected Marvel Pinball and got a messsage saying 'Content has expired...Please visit PSN Store'.
    This doesn't make any sense as I have purchased ALL of the Marvel pinball and Zen Pinball tables pretty much on the day of release. I had no trial versions of any pinball tables installed.
    I've sent a Support request to Sony and PSN, but have not yet received a reply.

Has this happened to anyone else with this game or any others?

I'm an adult (41yrs old) and can plainly see in My PSN account details under Downloads that I have purchased all of the tables.

In any case, I'm not sure what to do since this has never happened before. I certainly will not be a happy camper if I've lost any games I've purchased or the paltry high scores and trophies I've earned.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

If its all gone your only option is to redownload everything Zen/Marvel Pinball wise from your download history menu and install it all again.

Comment

It sounds like something went flaky in your hard drive. Most likely the license file got corrupted.

Go into Safe Mode and select options 3 (restore file system) and/or 4 (rebuild database). After that, redownload Marvel Pinball and its add-ons.
      Last edited by shogun00; 06-21-2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Bad luck man, these things are very rare but can happen in a machine and digital world.

I suggest you do what shogun says and redownload everything.

I'm not sure but I think that high scores are saved online so even if you have a corrupted save file you won't lost them. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

In regard to the games and tables themselves , they are always saved in your download history in your account management so I doubt you lost them.

Anyway, good luck in sorting out the problem.
        PSN: DreamyElf

Comment

Originally posted by Icaras View Post
          I'm not sure but I think that high scores are saved online so even if you have a corrupted save file you won't lost them. (please correct me if I'm wrong)
          Yep, but only the top score on each table is saved onto the leader boards. Your local top 10 scores will be lost if the save file is corrupt.

Comment

Ah, I see.
            Thanks for clarifying this.

Still even one score is better than losing everything! (although personally I back-up my saves frequently)
            PSN: DreamyElf

Comment

Is there even the slightest chance you got Marvel Pinball free with a now expired Playstation Plus membership?

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC11 View Post
                Is there even the slightest chance you got Marvel Pinball free with a now expired Playstation Plus membership?
                That's what I was wondering.
                PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Comment

Working...
                X