No announcement yet.

New Add-on table: Paranormal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you mean by "almost at will"? You can earn extra balls without too much effort on other tables as well, if that's your complaint.

I didn't play much yet, but other than the floating balls and haunted mansion I didn't notice all that much fancy unrealistic stuff besides the special effects you wouldn't need to make the table work.

What I really like about this table is the toned down difficulty for trophies, targets and keeping the ball in play.

There's still some stuff I haven't figured out yet, e.g. how to start video mode. I think I hit one of the targets with the reverse nessi flipper and drained the ball below the film reel, but not entirely sure.

Then there's the kickback and ball save (not magna) activation I couldn't figure out yet.

Comment

Just finished my last trophy on this table and decided to share my discoveries.

Tricking the Devil:

Just hit the rightmost "ramp" which is actually more like a dead end with 3destructable tombstones. After you destroyed them all, hit the ramp again and the trophy is yours.

Chupacabra Confirmed:

Hit the droptarget with the eye on it to get one of the eyeballs to that spot instead. (The target is located below the head with the rolling eyes). Then hit the eyeball until you get the task to make him dizzy. Hit the centre ramp (the one leading to the house) to finish this.

Paranormal Multiball:

Got this by accident on my first testplay, it's that easy. Just hit the film reel once to activate the lock and another time to actually lock a ball. If you have trouble hitting the reel, one of the possible shots after hitting a sink hole will activate the ball lock automatically. To lock a ball easily you can aim for the centre ramp to get to the cube and just let the ball go through without nailing it down and it will automatically get locked. With at least one locked ball you just have to hit the hole in the cube and target the floating ball when it's close to the ground.

Exorcist:

This one took me quite a while, but once you get the hang of it, it's rather easy to repeat. First of all shoot the centre ramp to get to the door. Hit the door to open it and keep holding the left flipper after the shot. This will sometimes result in a caught ball on that flipper for easy access without hitting the centre ramp again. Once you're in keep holding the left flipper and catch the ball. Try to hit the ball to the second floor from that position and catch it with the right flipper. You'll see 3 targets above the ball. Shoot straight up to hit them and keep holding the right flipper. This will result in a discovered ghost due to the target and the ball will most likely bump into the small crack leading outside the house and into a caught position of the flipper there. Now all you have to do is shoot above the roof without hitting it.
      Last edited by Gegliosch; 10-21-2010, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gegliosch View Post
        What I really like about this table is the toned down difficulty for trophies
        For me and a lot of people, this was a big letdown. The silver trophies in the game are really hard to get and they force you to learn the tables. Not only that, it's tremendously satisfying to get - they truly feel like an achievement. When you tone down the difficulty, they don't give you any sense of accomplishment.

Zen Studios, if/when you make more tables, PLEASE make the silver trophies hard to get like they were before. Some of us need a challenge.

Comment

What do you mean by "almost at will"? You can earn extra balls without too much effort on other tables as well, if that's your complaint.

I didn't play much yet, but other than the floating balls and haunted mansion I didn't notice all that much fancy unrealistic stuff besides the special effects you wouldn't need to make the table work.

What I really like about this table is the toned down difficulty for trophies, targets and keeping the ball in play.

There's still some stuff I haven't figured out yet, e.g. how to start video mode. I think I hit one of the targets with the reverse nessi flipper and drained the ball below the film reel, but not entirely sure.

Then there's the kickback and ball save (not magna) activation I couldn't figure out yet.
          As in you can get an extra ball with your first 4 hits with the flipper, that's how easy it is.

Also are you saying you like this table because it's easy? That's one of my main reasons for not liking a table, if you had the patience you could easily rack up a big score on this table with minimum fuss, I know I could but I can't be bothered going through the monotony of it all i.e constantly hitting the middle ramp over and over again. The fact I got 50m and 3 out of 4 trophies on my second attempt tells me this table isn't aimed at people who like a challenge.
          Last edited by Stephen220378; 10-22-2010, 04:33 AM.

Comment

^
            I think, that the every other table is hard and every other table is easy.
            Look:
            Earth defense= Hard
            Excalibur= Easy
            Mars= Hard
            Paranormal= Easy

The next table is going to be hard again.
            So don't worry, be happy!
            Last edited by Oskari14; 10-22-2010, 04:56 PM.
            PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Comment

I really like this table.

Good job Zen !

Keep making these good tables. !!!

Kind regards,
              swprozee1.

Comment

I made an account just to say how awesome Paranormal is! Thank you very, very much! I'm a fan of your work for years now and wow, you guys (and girls?) just get better everytime a new table is availible!

I cannot wait till next week. Pinball FX 2!

Comment

As in you can get an extra ball with your first 4 hits with the flipper, that's how easy it is.
                  El Dorado isn't any harder.

Also are you saying you like this table because it's easy?
                  Yes I'm saying I like it for the carefree gameplay. There are enough hardcore tables already. Maybe it's a letdown for the 5 people who managed to 100% every other table already, but there are still 4 silvers left for me, should I ever feel the urge again to test my patience.

Excalibur= Easy
                  The trophies are easy, but the table is not. It just seems to be easier because you don't try to complete every challenge in the same game when there's no reward.

Comment

The trophies are easy, but the table is not. It just seems to be easier because you don't try to complete every challenge in the same game when there's no reward.
                    I meant the trophy difficulty.
                    And you're right, I suck at this table and I don't want to complete all the Tales.

I'm better at williams...
                    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear some are disappointed with this table. I've found it to be fun to play and well laid out, but we all have different styles I suppose. Agreed the trophies seem easy, but the silvers on the other tables make up for that.

I think there is only so much disappointment you can feel for a £1.59 purchase which will still be played for hours on end even if is not one of your favourite tables. £1.59 is the going rate for a Dynamic Theme on the PlayStation Store, and they're useless

Comment

hi @ all

I´m new here...

In my opinion this table (paranormal) is one of the best add-on !
                        I like the table design,it`s not to hard to keep the ball,and I discover a lot of features...
                        The first time I was very confused about the ball physics in haunted mansion,now I´m not far away to get my last trophy for this table: excorcist !

Zen Studios does it again !

My english is bad,please don`t blame Thank you !!!

Comment

Originally posted by NobbNutts View Post
                          Sorry to hear some are disappointed with this table. I've found it to be fun to play and well laid out, but we all have different styles I suppose. Agreed the trophies seem easy, but the silvers on the other tables make up for that.

I think there is only so much disappointment you can feel for a £1.59 purchase which will still be played for hours on end even if is not one of your favourite tables. £1.59 is the going rate for a Dynamic Theme on the PlayStation Store, and they're useless
                          You're 100% correct about the price £1.59 is a bargain, especially when recently I bought Ferrari: The Race Experience and wasted £11.99 on a pile of steaming manure! However I just feel this table is a big letdown, most people seem to like it because it's easy, My highest score 100+ million was achieved on my first ball with 2 extra balls still in reserve, I got fed up because I could have repeated what I was doing indefinitely so I just deliberately drained the remaining balls. I'm an average player at Zen Pinball I'd say and to find a table so easy was disappointing after the wait to play it.

Comment

I don't understand why people complain so much about an add-on table.
                            Give constructive feedback so Zen can actually do something with that feedback or just don't buy the game after you see some trailers/gameplay videos of that table.

As someone said before.. It is a small price for a great add-on table and for sure hours of fun.

Set a record on the scoreboard if you are that good at it, that is what leaderboards are for. For sure you can't play for ever, so surprise us with your billion scores

I am not trying to insult people here, but complaining and more complaining without constructive feedback is in my opinion useless.

Kind regards,
                            swprozee1.

Comment

Personally I think its great table.

1. Visual design is awesome - much better in motion than on the screenshots

2. Gameplay is fun

3. It's good that it's easier to keep the ball in play than on the previous tables (Kickbacks, Ball Save, Magna Save, Extra balls) - it makes it great if you want to play with family or friends who are not pinball wizards.

The only thing I don't like about it, is the silver trophy. It is way too easy to get it. I got the same problem with the Excalibur table. If at some point Zen decided to make silver trophies very challenging they should stick with it on every table.

Comment

Hello
                                I would like to report a bug.
                                The ball disappears into the mansion.
                                Unable to return to the game, even on tilt!

http://www.archive-host.com/files/62...1020101517.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X