Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have the PS3 version and it's awesome.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I have the PS3 version and it's awesome.

    Thank you Zen for an amazing product! In my opinion, the way the PS3 version is put together is nicer than the 360 version as these four Marvel tables deserve their own package. The menus and entire presentation is so slick.

    Again, thank you Zen!!!

  • #2
    Hi - how did you get the ps3 versions already?
    Thanks!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by snarly883 View Post
      Hi - how did you get the ps3 versions already?
      Thanks!
      Destructoid had four codes to give away during their live stream yesterday. They were asking Marvel questions. First to answer each question won a code.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Flippers View Post
        In my opinion, the way the PS3 version is put together is nicer than the 360 version as these four Marvel tables deserve their own package.
        I disagree with this. If I want to play pinball, I just want to launch one game, then select a table.

        The Zen Pinball + Marvel Pinball approach means that if I want to switch from Earth Defense to Blade, I have to quit out of one game, then launch another game, complete with loading screens each time. Awkward, no matter how pretty it is.

        (This is the main reason I don't switch my play between Pinball Hall of Fame and Zen/PBFX anymore. I'd rather be playing pinball, than waiting through loading screens and disc insertion of PHoF.)

        Still not sure why Zen has done this on the PS3; given how well it works with PBFX2. But I'm pretty sure Zen's ideal is the "platform" approach. Maybe it was a Sony/marketing/PSN-exclusivity issue? Who knows.

        Comment


        • #5
          bowses approve

          Originally posted by Womble View Post
          I disagree with this. If I want to play pinball, I just want to launch one game, then select a table.

          The Zen Pinball + Marvel Pinball approach means that if I want to switch from Earth Defense to Blade, I have to quit out of one game, then launch another game, complete with loading screens each time. Awkward, no matter how pretty it is.

          (This is the main reason I don't switch my play between Pinball Hall of Fame and Zen/PBFX anymore. I'd rather be playing pinball, than waiting through loading screens and disc insertion of PHoF.)

          Still not sure why Zen has done this on the PS3; given how well it works with PBFX2. But I'm pretty sure Zen's ideal is the "platform" approach. Maybe it was a Sony/marketing/PSN-exclusivity issue? Who knows.
          We can agree to disagree. I absolutely love the fact that the world of Marvel is a separate game on PS3. For me, the quality of the tables and presentation is so high that I really feel Marvel deserves its own title. If I'm in the mood for Marvel pinball with its 8+ tables I'll play that, if I'm in the mood for Zen (I own all the Zen tables so far) I'll play that. I don't care about switching between the two. A bit of loading? Big deal.

          Comment


          • #6
            They're both fair points. Ultimately, we went with a standalone for 3 main reasons:
            • We didn't want to force people to buy Zen Pinball before they could buy the Marvel tables
            • We wanted to add some new features/tweaks, and a refit of Zen Pinball and its tables to include these would have required exponentially more work
            • The Zen Pinball interface isn't really ideal for huge numbers of tables

            Comment


            • #7
              Love, love, love these tables and can't wait to see more. I'm perfectly fine with it being standalone!

              I actually did write a review here if anyone wants to check it out...

              http://beautifulpeoplesclub.org/boar...inball-review/
              Last edited by amethystvenom; 12-10-2010, 05:27 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by amethystvenom View Post
                Love, love, love these tables and can't wait to see more. I'm perfectly fine with it being standalone!

                I actually did write a review here if anyone wants to check it out...

                http://beautifulpeoplesclub.org/boar...inball-review/
                Good review, venom. You're right about the loading times, they're noticeably faster. I can't recommend this game highly enough, it's fantastic.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I wanted to go more into the tables but the more I played the more I didn't want to give away for the fans.

                  I will say now I'd probably take away a .1 or so since I have a blister on my left hand due to the addiction! :-D j/j

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Solitude View Post
                    They're both fair points. Ultimately, we went with a standalone for 3 main reasons:
                    • We didn't want to force people to buy Zen Pinball before they could buy the Marvel tables
                    • We wanted to add some new features/tweaks, and a refit of Zen Pinball and its tables to include these would have required exponentially more work
                    • The Zen Pinball interface isn't really ideal for huge numbers of tables

                    That last reason makes me a little nervous. If Zen Pinball is not ideal for a large number of tables, does that infer we aren't getting any more? PS3 owners are already short on tables compared to 360 owners, especially with Paranormal and Mars going their way.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by amethystvenom View Post
                      I wanted to go more into the tables but the more I played the more I didn't want to give away for the fans.

                      I will say now I'd probably take away a .1 or so since I have a blister on my left hand due to the addiction! :-D j/j
                      Ha, yeah, nice of you not to go into details of the tables. That's one of the things I like doing - slowly discovering all the things each new table offers as I play.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Dorktron2000 View Post
                        That last reason makes me a little nervous. If Zen Pinball is not ideal for a large number of tables, does that infer we aren't getting any more? PS3 owners are already short on tables compared to 360 owners, especially with Paranormal and Mars going their way.
                        Oh, there will be more tables. But we wanted to make the Marvel tables front and center, and the ZP interface didn't really allow for that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          virtue roadarge

                          Originally posted by Solitude View Post
                          Oh, there will be more tables. But we wanted to make the Marvel tables front and center, and the ZP interface didn't really allow for that.
                          Excellent! What are the chances of Zen Pinball 2 coming to fruition?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dorktron2000 View Post
                            Excellent! What are the chances of Zen Pinball 2 coming to fruition?
                            I don't know. I would hazard a guess that it depends mostly on how PFX2 ends up doing.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              sog Cloally

                              Originally posted by Solitude View Post
                              I don't know. I would hazard a guess that it depends mostly on how PFX2 ends up doing.
                              Honestly, I'm just thrilled that PS3 owners will be getting more tables down the road. I'm still debating whether or not to buy a 360 though because I feel FX2 is a better package overall and that more focus is being thrown towards that platform.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X