No announcement yet.

Changes in Pinball FX3 tables - by Deep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see. Then they should definitely increase the music volume in Return of the Jedi. It's not loud enough (I don't want to change sliders when jumping from table to table).
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

Comment

Originally posted by deep View Post
      There will be detailed audio options in PFX3 so you can separately set the level of music, voiceovers, sfx, physical sfx and overall volume.
      I was hoping for this option since the original game. Some tables I wanted to adjust the voices, some the fx, some music,...
      So with this you are solving half of the issue. Now you have to, like others mentioned, seperate the option for each table.
      Each table is a game on its own basically. Imagine you'd have to have same settings for every game you play and only be able to adjust them for all at once.

It's nice to hear about all the work you're putting into PFX3, though I am quite shocked at you lowering the difficulty on things on so many tables.
      Yes, some are warranted. Several holes and targets (mostly very low ones on the sides) are extremely hard to hit. Though I never complain about such things, I can understand any fix like that. But you guys should not overthink things and fix too much.
      I can't comment on all the fixes...it takes a while before you make a trip around all the tables so remembering everything can be hard, but also makes it great, because every table always stays fresh...but here are a few that just don't make sense to me.

Selection of, yes it's hard(ish), but so what?
      Wild West Rampage
      - Multiplier targets are easier to hit
      *Many tables have difficult multiplier rasing. Many have easy raising. Diversity is ok.
      - 1 Duel win instead of 3 and 5-way combo instead of 10 needed for light extraballs
      *It's wild west. I'm pretty sure things were hard back then. Why then make things easier for us???
      Paranormal
      - Vertical mini playfield easier to play
      *It's a skill challenge. You don't make a challenge easier because some people find it too much.
      Marvel: Spider-Man
      - Right sinkhole is more accessible now
      *OK, can be tricky, but still, so what?
      Star Wars: Droids
      - Main mode starting is a bit easier
      *This one I remember the least, but you guys are really making me sad with simplifying things.
      Marvel: Doctor Strange
      - Starting main modes are a bit easier
      *He had quite a rough time starting off, why do we get a break??

Selection of, what are you doing??, it's not hard at all!
      With these the only conclusion I can think off, you are listening to people who haven't taken the time to really play the tables. Which is a wide spread problem in the industry.
      Sorcerer's Lair
      - Bones main mode is easier to complete
      *Saying it needs to be made easier is just ridiculous. It's not hard at all. Sure, before I really got to play the table I failed it several times. Now, I can't imagine not finishing it unless I really had some bad luck.
      Excalibur
      - Easier to hit the cross ramp
      *It is so easy to hit I don't understand how it will be even easier??
      Marvel: Iron Man
      - Main modes can be started easier
      - Lanes can be hit a bit easier
      - Locker drop target is now more forgiving when hit

OK, I guess I remember most of them well.
      I really cannot understand the above fixes.
      If I had to pick the 3 most unneeded fixes you are making, because non of them is actually hard to do, I guess I'd pick:
      Excalibur
      Sorcerer's Lair
      Can't decide on the third one. All the ones with the word "easier" in them just make my head spin.

Not everything needs to be easy, it's ok if some things are hard. People just need to put some effort in.
      And I am no pro. My scores are nothing special. Sure, I'm better than an average player, like in every game I play, but I never challenge the best people. Mostly because I don't feel like putting all my time into 1 game and rather play a wide selection of them.
      If your changes were for something so hard only the best players could do, OK I guess, go fix them. But you are changing things that are fine and average players can do just fine.

I know this post wont make a difference, but I had to say it to at least have peace of mind as I did something, seeing one of my favourite games is "under attack".

All the other fixes seem reasonable, because as you wrote, you're actually fixing a problem.
      But none of the ones I mentioned are problems.

Comment

Originally posted by VIPER View Post
        I was hoping for this option since the original game. Some tables I wanted to adjust the voices, some the fx, some music,...
        So with this you are solving half of the issue. Now you have to, like others mentioned, seperate the option for each table.
        Each table is a game on its own basically. Imagine you'd have to have same settings for every game you play and only be able to adjust them for all at once.

It's nice to hear about all the work you're putting into PFX3, though I am quite shocked at you lowering the difficulty on things on so many tables.
        Yes, some are warranted. Several holes and targets (mostly very low ones on the sides) are extremely hard to hit. Though I never complain about such things, I can understand any fix like that. But you guys should not overthink things and fix too much.
        I can't comment on all the fixes...it takes a while before you make a trip around all the tables so remembering everything can be hard, but also makes it great, because every table always stays fresh...but here are a few that just don't make sense to me.

Selection of, yes it's hard(ish), but so what?
        Wild West Rampage
        - Multiplier targets are easier to hit
        *Many tables have difficult multiplier rasing. Many have easy raising. Diversity is ok.
        - 1 Duel win instead of 3 and 5-way combo instead of 10 needed for light extraballs
        *It's wild west. I'm pretty sure things were hard back then. Why then make things easier for us???
        Paranormal
        - Vertical mini playfield easier to play
        *It's a skill challenge. You don't make a challenge easier because some people find it too much.
        Marvel: Spider-Man
        - Right sinkhole is more accessible now
        *OK, can be tricky, but still, so what?
        Star Wars: Droids
        - Main mode starting is a bit easier
        *This one I remember the least, but you guys are really making me sad with simplifying things.
        Marvel: Doctor Strange
        - Starting main modes are a bit easier
        *He had quite a rough time starting off, why do we get a break??

Selection of, what are you doing??, it's not hard at all!
        With these the only conclusion I can think off, you are listening to people who haven't taken the time to really play the tables. Which is a wide spread problem in the industry.
        Sorcerer's Lair
        *Saying it needs to be made easier is just ridiculous. It's not hard at all. Sure, before I really got to play the table I failed it several times. Now, I can't imagine not finishing it unless I really had some bad luck.
        Excalibur
        *It is so easy to hit I don't understand how it will be even easier??
        Marvel: Iron Man
        - Main modes can be started easier
        - Lanes can be hit a bit easier
        - Locker drop target is now more forgiving when hit

OK, I guess I remember most of them well.
        I really cannot understand the above fixes.
        If I had to pick the 3 most unneeded fixes you are making, because non of them is actually hard to do, I guess I'd pick:
        Excalibur
        Sorcerer's Lair
        Can't decide on the third one. All the ones with the word "easier" in them just make my head spin.

Not everything needs to be easy, it's ok if some things are hard. People just need to put some effort in.
        And I am no pro. My scores are nothing special. Sure, I'm better than an average player, like in every game I play, but I never challenge the best people. Mostly because I don't feel like putting all my time into 1 game and rather play a wide selection of them.
        If your changes were for something so hard only the best players could do, OK I guess, go fix them. But you are changing things that are fine and average players can do just fine.

I know this post wont make a difference, but I had to say it to at least have peace of mind as I did something, seeing one of my favourite games is "under attack".

All the other fixes seem reasonable, because as you wrote, you're actually fixing a problem.
        But none of the ones I mentioned are problems.
        Don't worry. These "easier" things are very-very tiny changes. We just wanted to lower the frustration factor so you don't want to throw your controller into the display when you miss a shot for the 10th time. Believe me when I say the tables won't be easier to play in general just less frustrating, more smooth.

Comment

The Bones mode on Sorcerers Lair on Xbox one and Windows 10 was ridiculously hard. It was much easier on the earlier xbox and PS3, cause the right orbit did not working correctly. Excellent.
          Does this mean that the modes that were balanced, like Paranormal jackpot that there is a limit so you can't just spam that for a high score? And similar for the other tables that were balanced.
          Thanks for all the work. Really looking forward to all the changes.

Comment

Any way you could keep the camera views consistant with numbered options across all tables? When I set my veiw to #4 on Spider-man table, I expect to see that same aspect & view when I select #4 on Deadpool table. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cebelicus View Post
              Any way you could keep the camera views consistant with numbered options across all tables? When I set my veiw to #4 on Spider-man table, I expect to see that same aspect & view when I select #4 on Deadpool table. thanks.
              That's a good suggestion, we'll consider it!

Comment

Originally posted by Cebelicus View Post
                YESSSSS... always thought I was doing something wrong because they weren't all uniform!

Comment

No extra ball?

In highest score with one ball mode. I believe one should be allowed to score extra balls since you are technically still on your first ball and achieving an extra ball takes skill and if its a table where scoring an extra ball is easy its still a level playing field. Consider it please.
                  Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
                  2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
                  3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
                  sigpic

Comment

Is it just me or are Bob's Burgers and Family Guy super bright?

Comment

Originally posted by dok5555555 View Post
                      Didnt really notice a brightness, issue, but did notice the balls in pinball fx3 are way more hyper realistic. Ya, I know, how that sounds. lol
                      Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
                      2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
                      3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
                      sigpic

Comment

Amazing

I am blown away with these enhancements to your classic tables!

Zen, I was skeptical. I figured FX3 was just an "upgrade" with better graphics. Turns out I was wrong. FX3 lets me play all my faves in new ways! You have created a game that is truly a worthy SEQUEL. Great enhancements and great new tables coming.

Round of applause.
                        Last edited by steven120566; 09-29-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steven120566 View Post
                          I am blown away with these enhancements to your classic tables!

Zen, I was skeptical. I figured FX3 was just an "upgrade" with better graphics. Turns out I was wrong. FX3 lets me play all my faves in new ways! You have created a game that is truly a worthy SEQUEL. Great enhancements and great new tables coming.

Round of applause.
                          I agree, this is a whole new game.

Comment

Changes do improve play

I am an "average" player. I will never be as good as VIPER. Therefore, I must say his/her criticisms of the changes may seem right to him/her, but for me, the fixes are exactly what was needed. That vertical playfield in Paranormal for example, was sooo difficult, that it was just luck if you cleared it. As well with the others deep mentions. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dok5555555 View Post
                              This latest PC/Steam patch seems to have removed the playfield glow/bloom and has massively improved overall frame rates.
                              (Arguably it looks better without the effect too). Guess it will be pushed to consoles as soon as the patch passes MS/Sony's approval process.

It may also improve stability. On PC I noticed the game regularly crashed when v-sync was enabled, possibly because the frame rate tanked (menu > table).

Comment

So far I've only really played Spider Man. What I noticed is that the J Johan Jameson loop is easier to hit
                                This is a bit of a mixed bag. I found it annoying to hit in the previous versions; but now I end up hitting it more than MJ's shot. However, the rooftop is usually the more desirable target (especially when I want to start Clone Chaos - definitely not a fan of that change!)

One general request that I have: with the bumpers being more "sticky", can there be more instances where the timer pauses when bouncing around?
                                Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
                                Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Comment

Working...
                                X