• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GruffMckenzie
    replied
    Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
    Thunderbirds
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057790/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

Based on original 60's theme, NOT 2004 movie version or recent 2015 rehash.
    This would look cool.

Leave a comment:

• GruffMckenzie
    replied
    Bond would be great. Probably individual films

Pac-man would be delicious (I'm thinking newer neon theme). Other seminal games like Outrun would be great.

Books: Pillars of the Earth? I might be alone here but an Pride and Prejudice table could actually be quite brilliant. We have plenty of scifi!

Bands: Would love to see a Queen table or Beatles. There's loads actually but I guess it would have to be the biggies....Iron Maiden, Bowie Ziggy Stardust.

Beyond that new themed tables would still be cool.

Leave a comment:

• Deco
    replied
    Originally posted by Klart View Post
    How about some SEGA tables?

Sonic, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Outrun,...
    This.

Leave a comment:

• Deco
    replied
    Originally posted by Phiveball View Post
    I would love a HASBRO table pack...

Transformers
    GI Joe
    MY Little Pony
    The Transformers license wont be cheap.

Leave a comment:

• TXF001
    replied
    Honestly, I'd like to see more non-licensed tables. Especially a Pirate one. Maybe a Halloween themed one with zombies and stuff?

I'd also really like to see the original Pinball FX tables ported over. Especially Extreme(because it's literally a straight clone of Black Knight, my favorite real life table).

Leave a comment:

• Cornholio
    replied
    Thunderbirds
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057790/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

Based on original 60's theme, NOT 2004 movie version or recent 2015 rehash.

Leave a comment:

• spags
    replied
    Originally posted by tfhfony View Post
    Revamped Pinball Dreams/Fantasies/Illusions tables
    Awesome

Leave a comment:

• chivato
    replied
    Last edited by chivato; 10-11-2017, 01:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mgeoff88
    replied
    Tables I would like to see:

- Indiana Jones (based around the first three films)
    - James Bond (encompasses the cinematic history of 007)
    - Jurassic Park (based around the first film)
    - The Terminator & T2 (two seperate tables)
    - Predator (based around the first film)
    - The X-Files (enough said)
    Last edited by mgeoff88; 09-26-2017, 02:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JugheadJones
    replied
    There are a lot of great ideas that people have been suggesting, so I'll go ahead and suggest some of my own. First, I'll knock out some ideas I mainly see for standalone tables:

- The Tick
    - The Adventures of Tintin
    - Ghostbusters
    - Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
    - Namco Museum (for this table, I'd imagine it being inspired by a bunch of Bandai Namco's old arcade hits, like Pac-Man, Galaga, and Dig Dug)
    - Goosebumps
    - Sam and Max

Also, I totally echo the support for Indiana Jones, Universal Monsters, and Jurassic Park. Now, onto ideas and packs I've thought a bit more about.

DC Comics
    If the rights could be worked out fine for it being alongside Marvel, DC Comics would serve as a great source for potential tables. There are so many memorable heroes, villains, and teams that could offer plenty of fodder to explore. I know that, at the very least, I'd totally be down for a DC Trinity three-pack of "Superman", "Batman", and "Wonder Woman".

Marvel Comics
    Now, some may be a little sick of all the Marvel tables, but there are still a few I wouldn't mind seeing. In terms of singular tables, I have a particular dream pick: "Arcade". For those unfamiliar, Arcade is an assassin who drops his targets into a deathtrap theme park. Considering his very first appearance had him using a giant pinball machine (with the heroes trapped in the balls), he seems like he'd offer plenty of fun inspiration for a real pinball table. When it comes to packs, the main one I'd really be interested in is an X-Men Chronicles Pack. I'd imagine this as a three-pack of tables inspired by classic X-Men storylines (such as the "Dark Phoenix Saga" or "Days of Future Past") and/or different eras of the team (such as "First Class" to reflect the team's early days or "Blue and Gold" to reflect the dual teams of the '90s). I'd also be up for a Hulk two-pack ("The Incredible Hulk" and "She-Hulk") and a Marvel Chronicles four-pack, which would feature tables inspired by different major Marvel storylines (for instance, "Secret Wars", "Maximum Carnage", and "Secret Invasion" could be potential tables).

Capcom
    After seeing how Zen Studios pulled off handling the tables inspired by Bethesda's video games, I'd love to see how they handle different properties from other game companies. I'll be mentioning a few, but my favorite would be some Capcom tables. Considering the sheer number of memorable franchises, I could easily see a four-pack of Capcom tables. As for which ones, I think you could get a good balances with two tables based on older classics (for instance, games like "Mega Man", "Final Fight", or "Ghosts 'n' Goblins") and two tables inspired by more recent hits (for example, "Resident Evil", "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney", or "Monster Hunter").

Sega
    Sega is another company with some good fodder for tables, but I'd see them as a three-pack. The one guarantee would be "Sonic the Hedgehog", but I'd see the other tables as one inspired by an older hit (such as "Streets of Rage", "Puyo Puyo", or "Ecco the Dolphin") and one based on more recent fare (like "Yakuza", "Crazy Taxi", or "Jet Set Radio").

Hasbro
    I have to echo the support for Hasbro. Their classic toy properties could make for some fun tables. I would see it as a three-pack, with two guarantees being "Transformers" and "G.I. Joe". As for the third table, I know the popular pick would be for "My Little Pony", but my dream pick would be "Jem and the Holograms".

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    This fun franchise is still so beloved, and its crazy characters could offer some fun tables. Personally, I just see this as a two-pack, but I could see going two different ways for pack. One would be a more general approach, with one table to represent the good guys ("Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles") and one for the villains ("The Foot Clan"). Considering how the franchise has had so many different iterations, however, I feel you could have a fun two-pack that reflects some of these different takes. For such a two-pack, I'd go with "Heroes in a Half-Shell" for a table based on the '80s cartoon and "Krang War" to reflect the IDW comic series.

Archie
    This one's lower down on my totem pole of interest, but Archie has been having a resurgence thanks to new comics and that Riverdale TV show, so why not? I could see a three-pack with tables based around Riverdale's most famous residents: "Archie", "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch", and "Josie and the Pussycats".

LucasArts
    Disney seems open what with Marvel and Stars Wars getting plenty of tables, so why not explore some of their other properties? For instance, LucasArts and its body of classic adventure games. I could easily see a three-pack of tables based on those games, with my ideal roster being "Monkey Island", "Day of the Tentacle", and "Full Throttle".

Disney Cartoons
    Speaking of Disney, their animated shows could make for some fun table. I see it as a three-pack, though I see two different angles for it. One could be a nostalgia-based approach with a Disney Afternoon three-pack, including potential tables like "DuckTales", "Darkwing Duck", and "Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers". The other would be a more modern take in the form of a Disney XD three-pack, featuring tables based on "Gravity Falls", "Star vs. the Forces of Evil", and the new "DuckTales" series.

Terminator
    Terminator is a classic film franchise, and its material could offer some fun tables. I just see this as a two-pack, with "Terminator 2" specifically based on the events of that film and "Future War" to offer a more general table inspired by the visions of the futuristic war with Skynet.

Konami
    Of the game companies I've mentioned, Konami is moreso on the lower end of my interest. That said, they do have some classic game franchises that could work for tables. I could see a three-pack done for them. The one definite table would have to be "Castlevania", while the others would be one game rooted in an older title (I'd say "Mystical Ninja" or "Contra") and one inspired by a more modern game (like "Metal Gear Solid" or "Silent Hill").
    Last edited by JugheadJones; 09-23-2017, 01:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shawn
    replied
    I 111% agree with the Universal Monsters table idea!

Leave a comment:

• Phiveball
    replied
    Hasbro pack!!

I would love a HASBRO table pack...

Transformers
    GI Joe
    MY Little Pony

Leave a comment:

• Storm
    replied
    Just going to go with licensed table ideas for now as it's probably the major factor in sales these days when it comes to pinball.

Wolfenstein (The New Order+)
    Missions could be defeating ubersoldats, clearing out the labs, defeating bosses/nazis. Swastikas could be replaced with the wolfenstein logo if that's a problem. A little hard to think of a pinball version of this game but with some interesting/fitting missions I think it could be a fun one.

Wolfenstein 3D + Spear of Destiny
    If there's ever a 90's/retro video game pack, I'd love to see this in it (mostly out of selfish nostalgia). It's known to be blocky with 90 degree angles everywhere but I still think it would be possible to make a fun pinball game out of it. Wolfenstein 3D has 6 episodes that could translate to pinball missions. Spear of Destiny has the spear to collect. Both have health/ammo/1-UP, secret areas/levels, treasure, keys, and a variety of enemies and bosses. Could shoot the ball into an elevator to end a mission. Swastikas could be replaced with the wolfenstein logo if that's a problem.

Breaking Bad
    Probably won't happen due to the main focus being cooking meth, but whatever. Great show, lots of fans. Missions could be along the lines of: setting up a meth lab, collecting supplies for meth, cooking meth, selling meth, cooking breakfast for JR, stealing methylamine from the train, something with Mike being a hitman/spy, etc. Score/progression could start with "Walt the Teacher" to end with "Heisenberg".

[B]Assassin's Creed[/B>
    Missions could be assassinations, traversing/climbing buildings requiring accurate ramp shots, exploring different areas by using the watch tower (basically like the mechanic in the Skyrim table), speed tests, stealth/evasion. Could allow upgrading of weapons and buying different types of gadgets.

Grand Theft Auto
    Missions could be heists, racing, doing odd jobs, emulating real single-player missions. Car collecting/modding could be a thing that could affect scores.

Saw Movie
    "I wanna play a game". Missions could be timed tests, escaping from traps, etc.

The Office
    Funny show, lots of fans. Lots of unique funny lines to use. I'm having trouble thinking of fitting missions though.

Jurassic Park
    Iconic classic. TBH I forget most of what happened in the movie at this point but I'd still like to see it.

90's Nickelodeon/Cartoon Network cartoons
    Probably a gold mine for nostalgia induced sales among people in their late 20's/early 30's

Leave a comment:

• grenadier
    replied
    I'd like to cast votes for:
    • DC Comics - Batman: The Animated Series, the recent movies, the older movies (Chris Reeve, Michael Keaton), tables with comic artwork. The possibilities are as endless as they are for Marvel properties.
    • Marvel - Keep going with the movie adaptations, and maybe go back for more classic storylines. Dark Phoenix Saga, Secret Wars....lots of possibilities there.
    • Lord of the Rings - One table per film, as with Star Wars.
    • Indiana Jones - Ditto
    • Jurassic Park - Maybe an original trilogy table, a Jurassic World table, and a T-Rex focused one
    • Star Trek - Plenty of shows and movies to hit here.
    • Classic cartoons: I can see Flintstones, Jetsons, Yogi Bear, etc showing up as tables.
    • Game of Thrones
    • TV's Walking Dead - Seems like a natural companion to the Telltale game

For any of these, and indeed any licensed tables at all, PLEASE try to make more of an effort to get original music and/or sound bytes. Some of the choices made recently, and with what we've seen of the Universal tables, have been very disappointing. The Universal movies all feature very identifiable music, so knowing none of it is there makes the tables less attractive (and fun) to me. Rogue One and Force Awakens used music from other Star Wars movies.

I think I'd even rather see the price of tables go up a little than do without accurate soundtracks. For that matter, Rogue One's price DID go up compared to other single table releases, and it still didn't have the Michael Giacchino music.
    Last edited by grenadier; 09-14-2017, 03:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Klart
    replied
    How about some SEGA tables?

Sonic, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Outrun,...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X