Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making a case for new FX3 tables to still be made available for FX2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Making a case for new FX3 tables to still be made available for FX2

    So, now that the game is out. Can anybody tell me anything about the physics and if any significant changes are noticeable in terms of the way the ball bounces and spin etc.? I presumed, seeing that the existing tables are being imported into FX3, that existing tables physics will not be updated. The question is though if a new, processor intensive physics engine is implemented for new tables e.g. Universal Classics and all subsequent tables henceforth?

    The change in physics between FX1 and FX2 was huge and it was only from FX2 that I started really enjoying playing the game. If there is no change in physics, the new game will in effect only be an update with new graphics and a revamped social system and not really in terms of gameplay. This begs the question if it warrants a new title designation and further, and more importantly for me, why the new tables can't be made available for the older systems? I'm not a gamer in the normal sense of the word and basically only play Pinball FX2 on occasion. I thus don't have any real motivation to purchase a new gaming system just so that I can play a game with better graphics and a social system which don't appeal to me.

    Anyway, I understand that life moves on. I'm just hopefully making the case that if the underlying physics does not require a faster machine than FX2, then it should be possible to relatively easily make the tables available for FX2.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

    Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

    Discord server - PinStratsDan

    Twitter - PinStratsDan

    Facebook - PinStratsDan

    Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

  • #2
    Didn't have the time to test everything. Epic Quest and Sorcerer's Lair played the same. Tesla was different but 1-2 attempts don't tell much.
    Why don't you download FX3 and test it yourself as you own all tables?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LeanderL View Post
      Didn't have the time to test everything. Epic Quest and Sorcerer's Lair played the same. Tesla was different but 1-2 attempts don't tell much.
      Why don't you download FX3 and test it yourself as you own all tables?
      Thanks for the feedback. I only have an Xbox 360 and a Macbook Pro so don't have access to FX3
      XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

      Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

      Discord server - PinStratsDan

      Twitter - PinStratsDan

      Facebook - PinStratsDan

      Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

      Comment


      • #4
        Sorry to hear. I'll check out more tables later...especially the ones I've played for many hours (Thor etc.).
        Rome is fantastic by the way! The graphics are better and the ball hasn't gone stuck yet.
        I don't like Tesla (one of my fav tables) that much at the moment...when starting an experiment you see an animation in FX2 but in FX3 it simply started and the cam zoomed out too quickly.

        EDIT Played some more...the ball might be a bit heavier and more realistic but I am not sure. I like the game! Cloda, maybe ask Deep to get actual stats if or how the physics have been changed.
        Last edited by LeanderL; 09-26-2017, 09:14 PM.
        http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cloda View Post
          Thanks for the feedback. I only have an Xbox 360 and a Macbook Pro so don't have access to FX3
          I played the FX3 beta on my MAcbook Pro using bootcamp. My MBP is old (2012 model), so I had to set all the graphics options to minimum to get a somewhat decent framerate. If you have a newer MBP you will probably get much better performance. I believe Zen said that they are self publishing FX3 on Steam this time around so hopefully they can eventually add Mac support to Steam. The current ZP2 native mac app is awful and was never fully supported.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by surf1der View Post
            I played the FX3 beta on my MAcbook Pro using bootcamp. My MBP is old (2012 model), so I had to set all the graphics options to minimum to get a somewhat decent framerate. If you have a newer MBP you will probably get much better performance. I believe Zen said that they are self publishing FX3 on Steam this time around so hopefully they can eventually add Mac support to Steam. The current ZP2 native mac app is awful and was never fully supported.
            Thanks... I'll give it a shot with CrossOver.
            XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

            Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

            Discord server - PinStratsDan

            Twitter - PinStratsDan

            Facebook - PinStratsDan

            Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

            Comment


            • #7
              Played Sorcerer's Lair...it's like in FX2 but with better graphics. The graphics are really awesome...much better than you think when watching Youtube videos.

              The missions are easier now I think. "Fight the spiders", "escape from the cellar"...in FX2 I never completed one of them and the other one only once...now I started "Escape" twice and completed it twice...
              http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LeanderL View Post
                Played Sorcerer's Lair...it's like in FX2 but with better graphics. The graphics are really awesome...much better than you think when watching Youtube videos.

                The missions are easier now I think. "Fight the spiders", "escape from the cellar"...in FX2 I never completed one of them and the other one only once...now I started "Escape" twice and completed it twice...
                Thanks for the update. I'm still keen to know if the new tables have an updated physics engine?
                XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

                Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

                Discord server - PinStratsDan

                Twitter - PinStratsDan

                Facebook - PinStratsDan

                Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

                Comment


                • #9
                  Could be just me, but I feel that nudge passes are much better.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GruffMckenzie View Post
                    Could be just me, but I feel that nudge passes are much better.
                    Thanks for the feedback. Interesting, so far it seems that the physics engine has not been updated at all. I'm an old-school gamer, so graphics and effects is secondary to me to gameplay. That is why I still enjoy the original 1990's Pro pinball as they still play brilliantly. Anyway, I'm trying to persuade someone at Zen to make the tables available for FX2 with reduced graphics. I'm from a third world country where buying the newest gaming system is low on the priority list. Basically, I'm just feeling sorry for myself that I do not have access to the new tables
                    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

                    Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

                    Discord server - PinStratsDan

                    Twitter - PinStratsDan

                    Facebook - PinStratsDan

                    Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I just can't go back to FX2 now unless I want to play the tables that, unfortunately, didn't get ported over (South Park, Plants Vs Zombies Splosion Man). All the older tables now have active slings and bumpers. It makes each table totally different.

                      Deep, One of the designers, tweaked all the older tables for some balance issues etc. He made a list in the thread topic. It's now a totally different game.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sgt_Tenor View Post
                        I just can't go back to FX2 now unless I want to play the tables that, unfortunately, didn't get ported over (South Park, Plants Vs Zombies Splosion Man). All the older tables now have active slings and bumpers. It makes each table totally different.

                        Deep, One of the designers, tweaked all the older tables for some balance issues etc. He made a list in the thread topic. It's now a totally different game.
                        My understanding is thus that the individual tables have been tweaked, rather than that the underlying physics engine have been updated. Those updates can be applied to the FX2 tables and they will play the same if that is the case.

                        I still wonder if the new tables play differently on FX3?
                        XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

                        Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

                        Discord server - PinStratsDan

                        Twitter - PinStratsDan

                        Facebook - PinStratsDan

                        Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          They did bring the new tables to the mobile platform so I don't see why they couldn't do it. Its probably just a matter of priorities and most people having upgraded by this point. PFX3 doesn't feel or look much different to me compared to PFX2.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X