Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROME Table - 10M Romulus ??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Ok Deep thank you.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by deep View Post
      Sorry guys please be patient, we need couple days to make sure nobody loses progress with an already ongoing game.
      So when shall we see the modification ?

      Comment


      • #33
        Hello, hi Vincent,

        It was me who asked deep during the beta to lower the Romulus Jackpot. Because on Pinball FX2 it was abnormally high, and that canceled all the interest of doing something else on this table. And more, with the new system of upgrades (multiball & score boost) this Jackpot could still be multiplied.

        We had agreed on an initial bonus of 10m, but maybe we thought it too quickly (there was many other things to balance), so sorry fot that. If this JP can be increased a little (just a little) and everybody can be happy, that's good.

        However, I wanted to comment what was said : the Southern mission can actually give 10 million, but in several hits (and not in a single shot like the Jackpot Romulus), and for that we must aim 5 times the same best sinkhole to 2m. It is also more risky than the multiball Romulus, this is a one ball mission. And now, with the Multiball upgrade, spamming Southern mission has no longer any interest, the wizard mode will be the best way to earn max of points. That's why I think this table is now more balanced.

        Edit : ah mais je vois que t'es français, il faut que tu viennes faire un tour sur mon forum.
        Last edited by wims_Beta; 10-04-2017, 11:40 AM.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by wims_Beta View Post
          Hello, hi Vincent,

          It was me who asked deep during the beta to lower the Romulus Jackpot. Because on Pinball FX2 it was abnormally high, and that canceled all the interest of doing something else on this table. And more, with the new system of upgrades (multiball & score boost) this Jackpot could still be multiplied.

          We had agreed on an initial bonus of 10m, but maybe we thought it too quickly (there was many other things to balance), so sorry fot that. If this JP can be increased a little (just a little) and everybody can be happy, that's good.

          However, I wanted to comment what was said : the Southern mission can actually give 10 million, but in several hits (and not in a single shot like the Jackpot Romulus), and for that we must aim 5 times the same best sinkhole to 2m. It is also more risky than the multiball Romulus, this is a one ball mission. And now, with the Multiball upgrade, spamming Southern mission has no longer any interest, the wizard mode will be the best way to earn max of points. That's why I think this table is now more balanced.

          Edit : ah mais je vois que t'es français, il faut que tu viennes faire un tour sur mon forum.

          Hi, thank you for your message. I disagree that Romulus is a single-shot, since you first have to hit the locked ball several times. You have to do all of this during a multiball, which, if not risky, is at least far more difficult than with a single ball.

          I think 10M is very underrated. Deep made a reasonable proposal of 25M as an initial bonus, along with easier jackpot increase, which we agreed was a great idea as to reward actual ramp shooting. That way, Romulus is no longer associated with cheap scoring but still remains a very special mode,as intended by the designer : after all, Romulus is the father of Rome, and after his mortal death, he becomes a God (Quirinus), which is symbolized by the "blessing ramp" shot after lighting the letters.

          À bientôt
          Last edited by Vincent; 10-05-2017, 05:27 PM.

          Comment


          • #35
            On the southern mission too, you have to hit several ramps to spell conquer, like you have to spell romulus for the multiball, but well, 25m is a good compromise.

            Oh and my mistake, the romulus jackpot isn't multiplied by the multiball upgrade, earn it causes the end of the multiball, so at this moment we only have one ball.

            For me the most important thing is that romulus JP wasnt the source of the highest scores anymore. And that's the case, now better things is to clear the table / play wizard mode with the upgrades.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              So Deep, isnt that beautiful ? When is it coming ha ha I'm happy we found a middle ground

              Comment


              • #37
                Good work guys. Rome is one of the greatest tables IMO. I have always done the southern mission FIRST but never twice, I always moved on, and tried my best to get 'em all. So everyone will now be happy with a reduced, but then raised, Romulus

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by steven120566 View Post
                  Good work guys. Rome is one of the greatest tables IMO. I have always done the southern mission FIRST but never twice, I always moved on, and tried my best to get 'em all. So everyone will now be happy with a reduced, but then raised, Romulus
                  Ha ha, Southern is so easy, I keep it for the end, Western is my first choice lol...

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by deep View Post
                    Sorry guys please be patient, we need couple days to make sure nobody loses progress with an already ongoing game.
                    Couple of days... Seems to me like it's still starting at 10M... and shoots don't increase it... the countdown is slow, ok, but it's really not worth the effort, it's pointless...

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Vincent View Post
                      Couple of days... Seems to me like it's still starting at 10M... and shoots don't increase it... the countdown is slow, ok, but it's really not worth the effort, it's pointless...
                      I haven't played Rome much on FX3, but the way Romulus used to play made all other game modes essentially "pointless". The only realistic way to register a noteworthy total was to play Romulus repeatedly, therefore rendering all other strategies redundant. I don't know why you find that so hard to see.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I don't find it hard to see and I don't know why I'm even answering someone who doesn't even bother reading the whole discussion.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Vincent View Post
                          I don't find it hard to see and I don't know why I'm even answering someone who doesn't even bother reading the whole discussion.
                          You assume I haven't followed this thread from the beginning? Remind me again why Rome should be about spamming insane jackpots on Romulus please.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by TuttiDeLeon View Post
                            You assume I haven't followed this thread from the beginning? Remind me again why Rome should be about spamming insane jackpots on Romulus please.
                            I'm not assuming, this is obvious since you are completely caricaturing my position. Please read the whole thread, which was mostly about finding compromises in order to avoid the risk of spamming while still maintaining a decent difficulty/reward ratio. There is a clever way to deal with such problems, no need for simplistic views.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Vincent View Post
                              I'm not assuming, this is obvious since you are completely caricaturing my position. Please read the whole thread, which was mostly about finding compromises in order to avoid the risk of spamming while still maintaining a decent difficulty/reward ratio. There is a clever way to deal with such problems, no need for simplistic views.
                              I told you, I've followed the thread from the start. Your compromise is to have the Romulus jackpot increased to a starting point that would still allow players to build huge scores entirely from that one mode. Rome is a great table that was spoiled by Romulus. Why don't you champion the cause for buffing Empire? it's really difficult & risky hitting all six Empire switches, eventually lighting all five lights on the soldier's helmet, just for a modest bonus score modifier that resets each time you lose a ball. Or what about the Justice game mode? Surely your argument that Romulus is no longer a worthwhile strategy applies to Justice too? I like the changes Zen made, & I really hope they remain in place.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Honestly you can't compare Romulus with Justice, which is easy to trigger. I understand the spamming issue but I think 10M is as ridiculous as 100M just the other way around, just start south garrison and spam scales hole and you get 10M ; achieving Romulus is amazingly hard, the reward needs to be proportionate. It's no wonder the original designer made it so rewarding.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X