matchup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uwe View Post
    i just saw that the guy in the nr.1 spot has 5600 points already,probably by playing the family guy table all day and spam the chicken shot.this mode is so messed up it`s unbelievable.
    World War Hulk is also ridiculously easy to beat people in. Just spam ramps, you literally don't even need to aim and it takes seconds to get to the highest persons score of a little over 2 mil. Within the 3 minutes, and with zero aiming, I can managed to safely get 12-14 million every time.

Comment

I was waiting last week to see how it settled. But yeah, the points needed are still pretty low here.

This definitely needs to be changed to limited attempts or something.

Comment

for the low target scores as they are right now 3 attempts for high score with only1 ball,no ballsaves ,kickbacks or upgrades and higher point loss for not reaching the target score would be my suggestion. or just anything better than it is now.

sseems when you got a good score on a table the target scores get higher,not sure if it`s random.can anybody confirm this?
        Last edited by Uwe; 10-04-2017, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Heyo,

sorry I was absent a bit in the last week or so, I got totally swamped with this huge release and everything I did not have time to look over the forums that much (still a small team so most of us have bunch of tasks to do).

We didn't want to limit anything in the game, so that's why you can make as many attempts you want to. We had this system in the Bethesda Pinball mobile game, and there was a limit in-place -> not a popular decision. We wanted to give people limitless play in the console and PC versions of the game.

Think of it as a hearthstone-esque league or season play, where people who play a lot can get to legend, but casual players can still progress.

Also, the player base will get segmented in the future, when the really hardcore people will be up in gold or diamond, now everyone started from the same league 'Bronze III' so that's why there is so much fluctuation.

Comment

Originally posted by McLovin View Post
            Heyo,

sorry I was absent a bit in the last week or so, I got totally swamped with this huge release and everything I did not have time to look over the forums that much (still a small team so most of us have bunch of tasks to do).

We didn't want to limit anything in the game, so that's why you can make as many attempts you want to. We had this system in the Bethesda Pinball mobile game, and there was a limit in-place -> not a popular decision. We wanted to give people limitless play in the console and PC versions of the game.

Think of it as a hearthstone-esque league or season play, where people who play a lot can get to legend, but casual players can still progress.

Also, the player base will get segmented in the future, when the really hardcore people will be up in gold or diamond, now everyone started from the same league 'Bronze III' so that's why there is so much fluctuation.
            thx for answering,guess i wait and see how this plays out,im still not convinced this is the right approach to a league that rewards playtime instead of skill. other than that big flaw i actually like the game.
            Last edited by Uwe; 10-04-2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

but it isn't hearthstone-esque. In hearthstone, one player wins and one loses. The one who loses also loses a rank. Here it is an easy goal and everyone gets it with every try. If hearthstone was like this mode, all players would win all the time, and the few who played the most and got the most wins, would get to the next rank. But in hearthstone it is possible to get to the highest rank with a number of wins without any loss, while your opponents get better and harder to handle with every game. Here it's a simple goal everyone achieves and therefore, those who do it simply the most (not the best) climb up. there is no skill based element only endurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Gebinsel View Post
                but it isn't hearthstone-esque. In hearthstone, one player wins and one loses. The one who loses also loses a rank. Here it is an easy goal and everyone gets it with every try. If hearthstone was like this mode, all players would win all the time, and the few who played the most and got the most wins, would get to the next rank. But in hearthstone it is possible to get to the highest rank with a number of wins without any loss, while your opponents get better and harder to handle with every game. Here it's a simple goal everyone achieves and therefore, those who do it simply the most (not the best) climb up. there is no skill based element only endurance.
                Good point.

I talked to some of our devs yesterday about the Matchup system, and they're kindof made the same arguments regarding the mode. I think you can expect some tweaks to it in the near future.

Comment

Good point.

I talked to some of our devs yesterday about the Matchup system, and they're kindof made the same arguments regarding the mode. I think you can expect some tweaks to it in the near future.
                  glad to hear that

Comment

Good news. I love the idea of a league but at the moment my great scores (when I get them) feel worthless!

Comment

Originally posted by GruffMckenzie View Post
                      Good news. I love the idea of a league but at the moment my great scores (when I get them) feel worthless!
                      They are worthless if they are potentially just going to reset at any given time, but also participating in tournaments gives you 25 points whether you let every ball drain or if you play for 30 minutes and beat everyone by 1/2 a billion points. No matter. 25 points.
                      Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
                      2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
                      3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good point.

Awesome. Glad to hear, too. Agog waiting for these tweaks. <3

Comment

Originally posted by Gebinsel View Post
                          Awesome. Glad to hear, too. Agog waiting for these tweaks. <3
                          And tweak, overhaul tournaments. As it is currently you can be in a tournament with 20 people and score two billion points and get 25 points at its completion or just sit there and let every ball drain and get 0 points and come in last place and still get 25 points. There needs to be an incentive to play and get the best score possible. Currently, I just eek out a score I think no one can beat then let all my balls drain so I can move onto the next tournament. It shouldnt be like that.

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
                          3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SirenXp View Post
                            Matchup mode is completely pointless, please can more people voice this. I'm sorry to say this but these people on the top of the leaderboards need to get a life, it's very sad their repeating the same thing over and over.
                            I think I can give a voice on this as well. I'm not sure if some of the top players in Matchup are bots or other users, but holy crap that must take a large (albeit unhealthy) amount of grinding to get up there. There needs to be some sort of cap to this.

Comment

right now the the player on the top spot has 63 000 points,if my math is correct that amounts too playing just this mode about 5-7 hours a day. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Uwe View Post
                                right now the the player on the top spot has 63 000 points,if my math is correct that amounts too playing just this mode about 5-7 hours a day. lol
                                And for what? In a day all the scores will be reset and then we go to tier three. Assuming you make the cut.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X