• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McLovin
    replied
    Hey everyone,

little update on the matchup system:

- There will be a change to what scores you will have to beat, you will get increased goals as you progress higher in a league (like in Bethesda Pinball the mobile game). So a win will mean more in the future.

- The diversity bonus supposed to work like this: play 1 table - 0 bonus, 2 tables - 5 bonus, 3 tables - 10 bonues, 4 tables - 15 bonus points

- You might have been on the brink of the line cantankerous, although I agree that the icon was not clear indication if you are in or not. This will be worked on as well.

Leave a comment:

• Uwe
    replied
    Originally posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    Didnt make it
    you should have made it,i think the cutoff was at 4000 points,bronze 1 is the exact same thing as before with different tables ,target scores are still pretty low.

Leave a comment:

• Ozzpot
    replied
    How about the scores are picked straight from the leaderboards? The lowest target is the score in the 10th percentile. The middle target is in the 50th percentile (exactly average) and the high target is in the 90th percentile. Each time you pick a table within Matchup mode, it automatically plucks those scores, and their associated gamertags or whatever, from the leaderboard.

Obviously, initially, before any scores are posted, an arbitrary set of scores would need to be set, but thereafter, it would be perfectly and automatically calibrated to difficulty.

Anyone good enough to regularly beat the 90th percentile score deserves their place in the top 20%, whilst beginners could spam the lower targets with relative ease, and have a chance of climbing the boards through determination.

I don't know if it already works something like this, but if the scores are anything to go by, it doesn't. It can't. The scores are laughably low.

I also think the rewards should be disparate enough to reflect the (hopefully order of magnitude or more) difference in target difficulty. I think the low target should be 20 points, the medium 50 and the high 100.

As for the diversity bonus, clearly it is to encourage people to buy more tables, and that's fine. But the bonus is so little, it's practically irrelevant. I think it should be doubled.
    Last edited by Ozzpot; 10-10-2017, 03:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cantankerous--
    replied
    Didnt make it

Leave a comment:

• cantankerous--
    replied
    I dont think Im making round 3 cut

If I dont Im giving up on this poo.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GruffMckenzie
    replied
    H20

He has more time on his hands than me, thats for sure.
    I actually looked at the profile today....other games have been played too!

I thought I was frittering my day away a bit

Leave a comment:

• cantankerous--
    replied
    Originally posted by Uwe View Post
    i wonder if the guy with 70 000 something points will realize that his score is useless,maybe he wants a world record
    He has more time on his hands than me, thats for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Uwe
    replied
    water

i wonder if the guy with 70 000 something points will realize that his score is useless,maybe he wants a world record

Leave a comment:

• GruffMckenzie
    replied
    yeah, I'm trying to go up so to be there if the rules change, but it's a bit of a effort. Not fun.

Leave a comment:

• cantankerous--
    replied
    Im definitely beginning to lose interest in it and the tournaments and just try and eek out a score that is sufficiently high enough IMO to win and then just drain the rest of my remaining balls and move onto the next one since no matter your score you only receive 25 points the same as all the players you have beaten. No reason to take the time to get 4 billion when you can probably win with 150 million.

Leave a comment:

• Pinballwiz45b
    replied
    just spend a minute on each table. Dont even try and you get the diversity 15 points. Then you can spend the rest of your five days grinding your favorite table and each time get the extra 15 points.
    Now this is a different thing entirely. I think, for players to maximize the Diversity Bonus entirely, one must not play the same table over and over again, as soon as one reaches the full bonus of +15 per win. After a match on a given table, if one decides to choose that same table again, maybe give 5 points flat, regardless of difficulty. Penalties could be the same, or a bit more.

Something to the effect of "You've played this table recently! You'll earn less for playing this again." Make it a 5-minute timer, not visible to the player, on the table recently played. If one decides to play it again and finishes the match, reset the timer to 5 minutes on that table.

As for grinding, like I said -- make them want to risk going for a higher score. Easy should award 5 at most, and Medium at 10 or 15. If a target score is so easy to get, especially for more skilled players, it shouldn't be worth that much as it is currently. Medium also feels too much like Easy, and I'm considering raising that score threshold slightly. Maybe increments of -5 for penalties on each difficulty.

If players are in the green zone, should the rate of earning league points be decreased, albeit slightly, if sticking with the "highest difficulty-only" plan?

These are my thoughts so far. I know it's right off the top of my head, but I just wanted to give my feedback on the whole ordeal.

Leave a comment:

• cantankerous--
    replied
    good ideas,i also wonder about the diversity bonus,seems useless too me.nothing there too prevent anybody from playing the same table over and over.
    just spend a minute on each table. Dont even try and you get the diversity 15 points. Then you can spend the rest of your five days grinding your favorite table and each time get the extra 15 points.

Leave a comment:

• Uwe
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    I was also thinking about the Domination Bonus, since we're on topic of grinding. If you're not risking on the highest tier, don't give a Domination Bonus. That just defeats the whole purpose of having a difficult higher tier -- you can earn 70 points on a T2 player when you can barely edge out the top player for 55. To me, Domination is having an edge over the best, not the noobs or semi-pros.

Either that, or lock out the lowest tier(s) for those who qualify to advance, so that the amount of grinding is less. Make players risk what they have, instead of having a great safety net.

Red zone/mid-field: All difficulties available, domination only on highest difficulty. Multiple table bonus still applies.

Green zone: Only the highest tier available, greater penalty applicable, depending on amount of league points?
    good ideas,i also wonder about the diversity bonus,seems useless too me.nothing there too prevent anybody from playing the same table over and over.

Leave a comment:

• Pinballwiz45b
    replied
    Domination Bonus

I was also thinking about the Domination Bonus, since we're on topic of grinding. If you're not risking on the highest tier, don't give a Domination Bonus. That just defeats the whole purpose of having a difficult higher tier -- you can earn 70 points on a T2 player when you can barely edge out the top player for 55. To me, Domination is having an edge over the best, not the noobs or semi-pros.

Either that, or lock out the lowest tier(s) for those who qualify to advance, so that the amount of grinding is less. Make players risk what they have, instead of having a great safety net.

Red zone/mid-field: All difficulties available, domination only on highest difficulty. Multiple table bonus still applies.

Green zone: Only the highest tier available, greater penalty applicable, depending on amount of league points?
    Last edited by Pinballwiz45b; 10-08-2017, 09:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cantankerous--
    replied
    Fame,Riches and hot Groupies
    Pinball groupies? Im in for a spin........................................and by spin I mean sex, if it wasn't clear...................giggity!!

Almost forgot to type the secret word.......................................water.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X