X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LeanderL
    Pinball Wizard
    • May 2013

Return of the Jedi - bugs?

1) A friend has a score on RotJ, classic mode...I cannot see his score in my game though.

2) After playing the table for 1 minute, I suddenly got a Jabba bonus... 15 million... this is way too high. Is it a bug? It was on classic mode...
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/
  • McLovin
    Marketing Manager
    • Apr 2017

Heyo,

the Jabba award is a random award where you can get different things, one of them is a big score like this. You will have to get every other Jabba award before you are able to roll for this big score again. In classic mode it's not that bad, but you did shine light on this in the matter of the challenges or tournaments where it could be more problematic.

Comment

• cantankerous--
      Pinball Wizard
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by McLovin
      Heyo,

the Jabba award is a random award where you can get different things, one of them is a big score like this. You will have to get every other Jabba award before you are able to roll for this big score again. In classic mode it's not that bad, but you did shine light on this in the matter of the challenges or tournaments where it could be more problematic.
      Hey now, a random award is just that. You guys got your hands full working on poo that needs to be worked on. I got a host of issues I havnt posted in order for you guys to work on whats necessary. I mean, sometimes on tables even when you dont activate the triangle button the flippers will just randomly lock up. As I recall its always the right one and on others it will just sparactically just start flipping up and down. It's done it twice on wwhulk and as far as being told in a 1 ball challenge that at times when you should be awarded an extra ball you should receive a sizeable bonus on darth vader table you get nothing other than the points you are normally awarded for lighting up one of the target shoots at top. No bonus points. And I get booted off with an error number almost regularly in any two hour session. I keep sending the reports.
      Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
      2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
      3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
      sigpic

Comment

• LeanderL
        Pinball Wizard
        • May 2013

Thanks!

It's too high imo and too random. I was playing and thought "What was that?" ... it came out of nowhere. Maybe it should be changed to a certain percentage of your current score.

Comment

• cantankerous--
          Pinball Wizard
          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by LeanderL
          Thanks!

It's too high imo and too random. I was playing and thought "What was that?" ... it came out of nowhere. Maybe it should be changed to a certain percentage of your current score.
          So, like in your instance you had only just begun to play. Let's say they make it 10% just for easy math sakes and you had only just started playing and just for poops and giggles you actually got the skill shot or on some tables the super skill shot and were awarded 2 million your random award would be a measily 200,000 wherein someone like me would wait until they had a billion points then spam the freaking hell out of it until I got my hundred million. Dont even think I am joking. He already said it cycles through everything before you will be able to get it again. btw Never reveal something that is beneficial. Keep it to yourself. lol

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
          3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
          sigpic

Comment

• LeanderL
            Pinball Wizard
            • May 2013

It's just not fair, for example in 5 minute tournaments...or if you play hot seat and some friends are lucky to get the 15 million. On a lot of tables you get 5 million for completing one mission so 15 is way too much. It reminds me of the multiball exploit on A New Hope.

Comment

• cantankerous--
              Pinball Wizard
              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by LeanderL
              It's just not fair, for example in 5 minute tournaments...or if you play hot seat and some friends are lucky to get the 15 million. On a lot of tables you get 5 million for completing one mission so 15 is way too much. It reminds me of the multiball exploit on A New Hope.
              My bad. I totally overlooked in the short indurance and 5 minute, but even in one ball a person should be allowed. Hell, I think I have a 400 mill on one ball. Im certain I got nearly a billion on spiderman on 1 ball but the internet wasnt working so it didnt post. Hell, you practically have to purposefully let it run down the center to lose on that table, but ya, the short games I agree.

sigpic

Comment

• LeanderL
                Pinball Wizard
                • May 2013

You are a pro player then. 15 million don't matter if you have a billion! I am not a bad player (over hundred million points on some tables) but 15 million matter <100 million. Even with 700 million as some players are in the same range.

When I play with friends in hot seat mode, they don't score that many points. If we have 5-80 million each, 15 do matter. Beginners who do not get the lucky 15 million have a hard time reaching 15 million. Some of my friends play just for fun after some beers.

Comment

• cantankerous--
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Nov 2016

I'm hardly a pro, I just love pinball and competing against others and often will play for several hours every day. I hardly ever play anything else. Im really enjoying the new endurance mode because it makes you think about how to approach setting up your multi balls. Get it too fast and run it up too high and your left having to try and set it up within a minute to score a much higher amount of points in order to proceed. Wish I had friends to play with at my house so we could learn from one another. As it stands I sometimes goto youtube or look at Cloda's guides (which are exceptional) or I just play and learn on my own.

sigpic

Comment

• SiggR22
                    • Dec 2017

Scene 5, chapter 2. We are supposed to avoid the TIE fighters while hitting 5 lanes. That's easy enough. In case of a collision a new ball is kicked in in one out of 3 ways, from the mission hole, from the plunger orbit closed, or plunger orbit open. Now, problem is, the last way will collide automatically and result in mission fail when the time runs out. There's no workaround, no nudge or anything, the plunger will mindlessly shoot every new ball into the TIE. It's just so stupid! Worst of all, we must watch this for the remaining seconds if we don't wanna tilt the whole ball. I'm tilted too, since none of the countless well-known table-related bugs ever gets fixed. Faulty tables being inexpensive doesn't justify negligence. C'mon Zen, there's so much work, love and detail that went into each table, surely a day's work bugfixing your gems should be worth it! Does it not bug you yourself when your product's not perfect?

Comment

• deep
                      Table Designer
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by SiggR22
                      Scene 5, chapter 2. We are supposed to avoid the TIE fighters while hitting 5 lanes. That's easy enough. In case of a collision a new ball is kicked in in one out of 3 ways, from the mission hole, from the plunger orbit closed, or plunger orbit open. Now, problem is, the last way will collide automatically and result in mission fail when the time runs out. There's no workaround, no nudge or anything, the plunger will mindlessly shoot every new ball into the TIE. It's just so stupid! Worst of all, we must watch this for the remaining seconds if we don't wanna tilt the whole ball. I'm tilted too, since none of the countless well-known table-related bugs ever gets fixed. Faulty tables being inexpensive doesn't justify negligence. C'mon Zen, there's so much work, love and detail that went into each table, surely a day's work bugfixing your gems should be worth it! Does it not bug you yourself when your product's not perfect?
                      Thanks for the report! This is actually my miserable fail I am going to fix this for ya. Can I ask which platform do you play on?
                      Last edited by deep; 08-08-2018, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Working...