Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mountainmaster
    replied
    Success! After many hours of trial and error I found a fix. This may not work for everyone but it helped me with a fresh installation of FX3 on my new computer.

I went to: Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings

And turned "Sync settings" off.

This allowed me to get through the loading screen and import my tables. After that it did not matter anymore if "Sync settings" was on or off. The game kept working both ways.

Leave a comment:

• mountainmaster
    replied
    I have a new desktop computer with Windows 10. While the wsreset method worked on my Windows 10 laptop it does not work on this computer. Which is a bummer since this is supposed to become my gaming machine.

The problem (or so I understood) is related to using a local account to sign into Windows instead of a Microsoft account. The Microsoft account of course is used for apps from the Microsoft Store, but somehow this causes a mismatch in the DRM system. And then there's also the XBox app that sits in between there somewhere.

Due to some legacy stuff in my home network I need to sign in with this local account. I wish Microsoft would solve this. Are they even aware of the issue?

Leave a comment:

• SageClaw
    replied
    I am experiencing the same issue. Have run the wsreset.exe, uninstalled, reinstalled, reboot, and a few other combinations of those in different orders. Still crashing to desktop right after loading profile or running the sync to my XBONE. Understand it's a MS issue but doesn't make it any less frustrating.

Sigh. Knew I should have jumped ship from PBFX-Win10 to PBFX-Steam before I got too financially invested with table purchases. Ah well, live and learn. : )

(Oh and just as a side note, PBFX3 on Steam (with free tables) is running without issue on the same PC.)

Leave a comment:

• mountainmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by mjvbosox View Post
    I came across a solution from Microsoft that worked for me: Clearing the Windows Store cache...

Press WINDOWS KEY + R to open the Run window.

Type wsreset.exe and hit enter.

A blank command window will open with a blinking cursor while it clears the cache, after about 10 seconds it will close and automatically open the Store. Close the store and run FX3. It should work again without having to uninstall/reinstall.
    Just a heads up for those running into this issue after the recent Windows 10 1903 update. I had to perform the above actions again to stop the game from crashing to the desktop.

Leave a comment:

• t33
    replied
    Originally posted by InsidiousForce View Post
    ok, that didn't do anything. also, why _would_ removing and reinstalling the xbox app do anything?

The Pinball FX 3 app quits on startup. It quits every time. I have reset the store, removed Pinball FX3 and then reset the store and reinstalled, and a million other things. It doesn't work. It makes me wish I'd purchased _all 70 tables_ on the steam version because this sucks that I can't play it at all after this kind of investment, and this is the level of support.
    Originally posted by RolloJoe View Post
    Hi,
    Have you tried fixing the bug?
    It is REALLY annoying!
    Rollojoe
    As far as I can tell it is a MICROSOFT STORE problem. If that is the case it's not something the FX3 guys can do anything about. So you have to ask the Microsoft Store people to fix their ridiculous and buggy DRM system.

The Store apps check if you have the rights to execute them on startup. Installing an app from the store works in some cases because it seems to set the the messed up DRM right. For now you're lucky if you're able to start your game with a work-around. I've learned my lesson and in the future I'll avoid the MS Store if I can.

Originally posted by hajdu View Post
    In my case of Forza Horizon 3 it was more complicated: It did work after I deleted and re-installed the X-Box app. BUT de-installing with powershell did NOT fix the issue - don't ask me why (it's what I've tried first).

I've checked and can't find any other option to de-install the xbox app. I'm puzzled. Maybe I don't remember right and it was the XBox Live app? FX3 does use XBox live I think. It's listed under windows settings - apps and there is a deinstall option.
    Last edited by t33; 02-15-2018, 10:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• flashingblade
    replied
    I also have this problem. Some of the things suggested work as a temporary solution but when I go back on the game after closing it the problem returns and I have to try one of the solutions all over again

Leave a comment:

• RolloJoe
    replied
    Hi,
    have you tried t33's method?
    Have you tried fixing the bug?
    It is REALLY annoying!
    Rollojoe

Leave a comment:

• InsidiousForce
    replied
    ok, that didn't do anything. also, why _would_ removing and reinstalling the xbox app do anything?

The Pinball FX 3 app quits on startup. It quits every time. I have reset the store, removed Pinball FX3 and then reset the store and reinstalled, and a million other things. It doesn't work. It makes me wish I'd purchased _all 70 tables_ on the steam version because this sucks that I can't play it at all after this kind of investment, and this is the level of support.

Leave a comment:

• RolloJoe
    replied
    Well, all this did not change anything. I still need to deinstall and reinstall the game with all tables... Annoying.

Leave a comment:

• hajdu
    replied
    Originally posted by InsidiousForce View Post
    I don't see any way to remove the Xbox app, either from the store or from the OS?
    Hey,
    have you tried this?
    https://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how...einstall-them/

Leave a comment:

• InsidiousForce
    replied
    I am sorry, but this doesn't fix it. Still have to reinstall every 3 or 4 days... Pretty annoying.
    Maybe the usage with Windows 10 and XBOX can be an issue.
    I don't see any way to remove the Xbox app, either from the store or from the OS?

Leave a comment:

• hajdu
    replied
    Hey Guys,
    have you tried t33's method?

Leave a comment:

• t33
    replied
    I am sorry, but this doesn't fix it. Still have to reinstall every 3 or 4 days... Pretty annoying.
    It's a microsoft store issue and resetting the store cache doesn't always solve it. I had the same problem with Forza Horizon 3. What fixed the store (and the game) for me was deleting and installing the XBox app from the store.

Leave a comment:

• RolloJoe
    replied
    I came across a solution from Microsoft that worked for me: Clearing the Windows Store cache...
    A blank command window will open with a blinking cursor while it clears the cache, after about 10 seconds it will close and automatically open the Store. Close the store and run FX3. It should work again without having to uninstall/reinstall.
    Last edited by RolloJoe; 02-03-2018, 04:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mountainmaster
    replied

This seems to have fixed it permanently for me as well. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X