Pinball FX3 Cabinet has 2 DMDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinball FX3 Cabinet has 2 DMDs

I upgraded my Pinball FX2 to Pinball FX3 on my pinball cabinet and everything went smoothly except for 1 thing. I now have 2 DMD displays showing instead of one. One is on my back glass screen like it was in Pinball FX2 but I have another in the upper left corner of my table screen. How can I turn off this second DMD display?

I don't have a cab, but I'm told that if you switch the DMD OFF in the options menu, it only gets rid of the one that is overlaid on the table. Your cab DMD should still work... (Hopefully?)

Comment

Yes, turn it off in the cabinet mode. Not sure why it's like that, but it worked for me.

Comment

Cool.

It's one of those little things where a little change to the UI (options menu: DMD - 'Cabinet Only') would save a few questions (as long as it doesn't appear in single-screen mode .

Comment

Anyone else having this issue? I tried turning of the DMD in the settings but that turns of the one on my 3rd monitor and not the one on the playfield. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Hy any solutions..?

I Install also FX3 on my 3 Monitor Cab and place DMD to my
            third monitor ..

so far so good ...but also have the second DMD on the Playfield ..?

And if I turn off the dmd monitor in the settings is also the dmd turned off on monitor three.?

So have anyone a Solution..?
            Thank you

Comment

Since most cabinet setups are different there is no master set of settings that will get everything working for everyone.

For anyone running a cabinet I would HIGHLY recommend checking out DMDExt. I believe it does a much better job of rending the DMD than what is built into Zen for cabinets. This also lets you hide all of the Zen DMDs offscreen.

You can make a batch file that launches DMDExt on startup, and it will pull the frames directly from FX3 and render.

If anyone wants me to post a tutorial on DMDExt I am happy to.

Comment

Extra DMD on Playfield

Originally posted by cocothetrain View Post
                Since most cabinet setups are different there is no master set of settings that will get everything working for everyone.

For anyone running a cabinet I would HIGHLY recommend checking out DMDExt. I believe it does a much better job of rending the DMD than what is built into Zen for cabinets. This also lets you hide all of the Zen DMDs offscreen.

You can make a batch file that launches DMDExt on startup, and it will pull the frames directly from FX3 and render.

If anyone wants me to post a tutorial on DMDExt I am happy to.
                I would love and appreciate a tutorial on DMDExt as I am still struggling to get the DMD removed from the playfield screen. Thank you

Comment

God don't say you were are all disabling that option in cabinet options, when speaking of settings ?

You must change's this options and leave the cabinet one enabled

https://i.imgur.com/iVcu6Pt.png

Comment

What is Cabinet Mode in Pinball FX3?

If you are planning to run Pinball FX3 on a cabinet hardware, you have to turn on the special Cabinet Mode. This allows users to set up advanced graphical options within the game like main display rotation, moving the Dot Matrix to a second screen (if necessary) and display a Backglass image (see later).

Also, Cabinet Mode can be helpful if you are using Pinball FX3 on your multi-display PC with a screen in portrait mode.
                    http://www.trainingbangalore.in/tabl...bangalore.html
                    Last edited by sathya; 03-04-2019, 10:16 AM. Reason: missing word

Comment

Working...
                    X