Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post all bugs here

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Camera and other issues

    The camera view is now not being remembered for me at all. I've been playing a lot of Empire Strikes Back for a tournament lately, and its the only table I've been playing, yet it somehow always defaults to View 1, every time I start it up. Subsequent games in that session remember it, but the first game each session, the camera is reset.

    Another issue that has been bugging me for a while is that the game crashes hard if Alt-F4 is used to close the app. This is a pretty standard way of exiting Windows apps, but FX3 seems to not be capable of doing it.

    Comment


    • Williams Pinball Volume 4, the "Hurricane" table: When shooting the ball into the Juggler and get the instant lock, and when back on right pedal to shoot again there is a sound glitch. The sound is never changed, it will continue to play also after you have actually shoot the ball and in the game (instead of the standard in game music while playing). The lock ball sound is a bit annoying when playing the whole time, and take away some of the feeling for the gameplay. This happens on the Playstation 4 version, don´t know if the steam version is affected by the glitch.

      Comment


      • Sorry for my english

        Whitewater :

        sometimes ball get out from the toboggan and goes straight down the middle, no way to avoid it.
        Really annoying

        Comment


        • PS4 version of champion pub ball jumps right out of glass during play

          When i was playing champion pub on the PS4 i noticed the ball jumped right out of the machine and then reset into the plunger lane. Looks like a bug.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jlocker View Post
            When i was playing champion pub on the PS4 i noticed the ball jumped right out of the machine and then reset into the plunger lane. Looks like a bug.
            This will happen from time to time. It's not just Champion Pub. It can happen on any table and as you can see, Zen has a counter measure for it.

            Comment


            • In TOM (classic/tournament), entering the inner loop from the left (right flipper) returns the ball back to the left flipper. That is not how the inner loop behaves in real life or in Zen mode.
              Last edited by Roosta; 05-31-2019, 01:03 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Roosta View Post
                In TOM (classic/tournament), entering the inner loop from the left (right flipper) returns the ball back to the left flipper. That is not how the inner loop behaves in real life or in Zen mode.
                Classic mode changes the speed of the ball, which changes the trajectory as well. I will look at what you are talking about, but in all other williams table classic mode things change as the speed increases so I would say just from guessing that this is normal behavior.
                Accomplishments in real life

                1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
                2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
                3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by cantankerous-- View Post
                  Classic mode changes the speed of the ball, which changes the trajectory as well. I will look at what you are talking about, but in all other williams table classic mode things change as the speed increases so I would say just from guessing that this is normal behavior.
                  Hi cantankerous! Speed has nothing to do with this issue. The entry of the inner loop faces down. A ball entering the left side of the ramp can never shoot back in the direction of the left flipper regardless of its speed. TOM is my all time favorite table and I've been playing it since the 90's in multiple locations. Yes, I am an old dude I noticed this strange behaviour in my first play. Others have also detected it (both Crow Pinball and Spacies Arcade comment on that in their respective video reviews on youtube).

                  There are multiple videos where you can see what I mean. Here is one example (7:20):

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD0nWLkhdPk&t=348s
                  Last edited by Roosta; 05-31-2019, 02:48 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ztouta37 View Post
                    Sorry for my english

                    Whitewater :

                    sometimes ball get out from the toboggan and goes straight down the middle, no way to avoid it.
                    Really annoying
                    pinball.jpg

                    Fix it please.

                    Comment


                    • White Water Multiball Camera Lock

                      I actually like the cameras views on some tables (despite the griping about them on the steam forums, dunno about here), Thanks SO much for White Water!! One of the best tables ever. SO... on most tables when muti-ball starts the camera locks to a fixed camera view so that we can see all the balls in play... on white water the 'camera lock' as I'm calling, doesn't happen early enough, I find myself almost every time having a ball in play while the camera is fixed to the upper playfield, there's no way to see it and so I shoot blindly hoping I catch it.

                      Was quite surprised when I came here tonite and searched and didn't find any mention of this yet.

                      I'm using camera view 7 if that matters, which I don't think it does as I've tried them all and they all do it.

                      Much love to Zen you're doing gods own work lol
                      Smack! That's how it's done!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Michelle911 View Post
                        I actually like the cameras views on some tables (despite the griping about them on the steam forums, dunno about here), Thanks SO much for White Water!! One of the best tables ever. SO... on most tables when muti-ball starts the camera locks to a fixed camera view so that we can see all the balls in play... on white water the 'camera lock' as I'm calling, doesn't happen early enough, I find myself almost every time having a ball in play while the camera is fixed to the upper playfield, there's no way to see it and so I shoot blindly hoping I catch it.

                        Was quite surprised when I came here tonite and searched and didn't find any mention of this yet.

                        I'm using camera view 7 if that matters, which I don't think it does as I've tried them all and they all do it.

                        Much love to Zen you're doing gods own work lol
                        I never noticed because I use a fixed camera view always. Camera view 1
                        Accomplishments in real life

                        1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
                        2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
                        3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Skyrim pinball: navigating the menus is way too sensitive. You cannot scroll through your items because pressing LB or RB is too sensitive.
                          http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

                          Comment


                          • I just encountered a very very nasty bug on hurricane, giving me millions of scoring with unlimited balls unless i tilt the game. not sure what conditions need to be met but
                            for some reason the game did not detect my ball being drained and it kept resetting the ball in the launch lane. To make matters worse the hurricane mode where you get 1 then 2 then 5 million for each ride was active as well (indefinitely it seems) so each time the ball drained and the game reset the ball and launched it i would get a hurricane ride earning me millions. If i did not tilt the game it would have kept on going indefinitely i think as it happened a few times before i started recording as well. Someone can get a very very big high score due to this bug if it happens in the same conditions and the person does not tilt the game to make it act like it should.

                            video of the bug in action but not the prelude to how the bug started. I know i had just multiplayer an extra ball and lost my balls before i noticed it happening but that's too vague to reproduce it on your end. This was on steam version

                            Comment


                            • Camera bug after rewind

                              Playing Road Show, on Nintendo Switch, playing with camera view 1. When i press the rewind button, the camera stay down, doesnt go back up, have to press the view button to put it back to normal.

                              Comment


                              • Experienced same bugs on Whitewater

                                Originally posted by Michelle911 View Post
                                I actually like the cameras views on some tables (despite the griping about them on the steam forums, dunno about here), Thanks SO much for White Water!! One of the best tables ever. SO... on most tables when muti-ball starts the camera locks to a fixed camera view so that we can see all the balls in play... on white water the 'camera lock' as I'm calling, doesn't happen early enough, I find myself almost every time having a ball in play while the camera is fixed to the upper playfield, there's no way to see it and so I shoot blindly hoping I catch it.

                                Was quite surprised when I came here tonite and searched and didn't find any mention of this yet.

                                I'm using camera view 7 if that matters, which I don't think it does as I've tried them all and they all do it.

                                Much love to Zen you're doing gods own work lol
                                Yes I too have experienced the bugs on whitewater pinball that have been mentioned. The bug that was mentioned where it falls out of the pipeline on the left side and then it just drops out and drains. And then the bug whereby the camera view is such that it's not showing the flippers during multi ball at the beginning and The camera view was on the middle of the table and you lose the first ball at the beginning because you can't see it on the flippers. I wrote a separate note to Akos about this.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X