Why are we capped at level 40?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    So, how you doing on the xp Steve? I should be over 3 million by Friday.
    I'm just behind you on 75K ! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by SteveValek View Post
      I'm just behind you on 75K ! Lol
      Eeeek, cause I really meant 4 million. lol
      Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
      2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
      3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
      sigpic

Comment

Didnt hit 4 mill by friday, um, last friday. Ended up having to work over all week and didnt play as much as usual, but still raking it in. I dont even know why. I know they are going to dumb this down so that anyone can achieve the highest rank easily.xp.jpg

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
        3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
        sigpic

Comment

1.05 was a gut punch.

sigpic

Comment

Hey,
            as I mentioned we are working on it but it's not coming with the new patch.

Comment

Originally posted by hajdu View Post
              Hey,
              as I mentioned we are working on it but it's not coming with the new patch.
              Don't mind me hajdu I can be a drama queen at times. Didn't see you mention previously that it would not be included in the last patch and now that that patch has been released, it's apparent it was not included.

Are you saying there is going to be another patch released before the (rework xp cap) patch, or am I just not reading your post correctly?

sigpic

Comment

Don't mind me hajdu I can be a drama queen at times. Didn't see you mention previously that it would not be included in the last patch and now that that patch has been released, it's apparent it was not included.

Are you saying there is going to be another patch released before the (rework xp cap) patch, or am I just not reading your post correctly?
                Hey,
                not going to lie, it's definitely coming after this patch.
                We want to create something special with the leveling system. Simply deleting the cap is not enough, we have to provide something with it. Figuring out what and how should we do it, that's the challenge here.

Comment

Hey,
                  not going to lie, it's definitely coming with one of the upcoming patches
                  We want to create something special with the leveling system. Simply deleting the cap is not enough, we have to provide something with it. Figuring out what and how should we do it, that's the challenge here.
                  Last edited by hajdu; 02-19-2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hajdu View Post
                    Hey,
                    not going to lie, it's definitely coming with one of the upcoming patches
                    I don't really see the complication. Now, obviously we don't want those who have been playing to lose what they already have so up to level 40 keep it as it is. Can't remember exactly when I received level 40, but somewhere around 300 thousand xp or so, but after that make it challenging. I think every million points you go up a level then take into consideration that a good 10 percent or thereabouts are afflicted with the level 41 glitch. You want to find out what is causing the glitch and account for it in the patch.

sigpic

Comment

I know I've been forefront in pushing the idea of remodeling the level cap, but to be honest I would much rather see some kind of way of distinguishing those who have been able to achieve that which I consider greater than anything else, and that is in getting the highest score on a table. It would be awesome if somehow others could immediately see that you have a number one score or more in some way. Like looking at a fighter pilots plane and seeing all the stars as being kills. There is a lot of room on the thing below for adding something that would say, hay, this guy has a number one score.

xp1.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Hey,
                        I checked this update today and my colleagues held a meeting about it a few hours ago, so I can say the development is in progress.

Comment

I was thinking about this the other day and there should be a way of distinguishing the top players but not just by time played. I was thinking keep the level 40 cap but add a point for each #1 score they have. If you lose a number one score then your rank goes down. So say I have 10 #1 scores my rank would be 50. Problem is the leader boards seem all over the place right now.
                          Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

Originally posted by Tech101 View Post
                            I was thinking about this the other day and there should be a way of distinguishing the top players but not just by time played. I was thinking keep the level 40 cap but add a point for each #1 score they have. If you lose a number one score then your rank goes down. So say I have 10 #1 scores my rank would be 50. Problem is the leader boards seem all over the place right now.
                            I've been lobbying for this cap removal for a long time and have in excess of 18 million xp which I intentionally ran up just for this one reason so I have no desire to see it remain at level 40 or in my case and many others level 41. They could however in addition to making the changes to the cap which would still be based solely on xp add a number directly below the xp beside the little icon they award you for tournament participation which would denote how many #1 scores one has.

sigpic

Comment

It's been close to two months since we first talked about this and still no patch. Is it gonna happen or not?

sigpic

Comment

Hey,
                                since it's my last day this is my farewell message too.
                                As I said for a few times now, it's going to, but not immediately.

Comment

Working...
                                X