Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Zen about Sorcerers Lair?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question for Zen about Sorcerers Lair?

    I have noticed that when the ball self launches on classic or regular play mode it launches to the bumpers yet on the challenges it only launches to just above the upper right flipper. Was that on purpose? Seems odd to me it would do that for different modes or is this just a Switch issue?
    Last edited by Tech101; 05-09-2018, 03:55 AM.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

  • #2
    Hey Tech101! Actually when you launch the ball manually, it can be changed. However when it launches itself it always does it the same way.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Chili View Post
      Hey Tech101! Actually when you launch the ball manually, it can be changed. However when it launches itself it always does it the same way.
      Not on the Switch version it doesn't. When it launches itself on regular or classic it launches to the bumpers. In any of the challenges it only launches straight up and lands on the right flipper. Trust me I've tried it a number of times on all modes.
      Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

      Comment


      • #4
        Further proof

        https://twitter.com/cruston7/status/...229600257?s=19

        https://twitter.com/cruston7/status/...251837440?s=19
        Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

        Comment


        • #5
          Hey Tech101! The plunger works with an average strength automatically, this is how it's designed. When you use it manually you can leverage the strength.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Chili View Post
            However when it launches itself it always does it the same way.
            Hey Chili, Tech's videos completely contradict what you've said here. The auto-launch went straight to the bumpers on the first video, and down along the right flipper in the second video, just like he originally explained.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gaz5021 View Post
              Hey Chili, Tech's videos completely contradict what you've said here. The auto-launch went straight to the bumpers on the first video, and down along the right flipper in the second video, just like he originally explained.
              Thanks for the back-up. I was just curious as to why they did this but now with the responses I've got I now want an answer lol.

              @Chili please look at the vids I posted then you will see what I'm talking about.
              Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

              Comment


              • #8
                Hey Tech101 & gaz5021! Ok, I see, I get what you say! I will definitely talk to my colleague about that! Hope I can get an answer for you soon!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks, Chili

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    Hey Tech101 & gaz5021! Ok, I see, I get what you say! I will definitely talk to my colleague about that! Hope I can get an answer for you soon!
                    Yeah thanks. I'm now wondering if this is a bug or design choice even more so.
                    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I steal your job Chili for this one time, sorry So here is the deal: on many tables we had to prevent an exploit possibility. This is a solution for certain tables where the autoplunger sends the ball to the bumpers or the spinner or other way that worths points. Since in timed challenge modes there is infinite ball save, this way you could sit back and relax while the table do the hard work So yeah, this is meant to work this way in these modes. I hope this clarifies it guys, keep flippin for those high scores!
                      Last edited by deep; 05-23-2018, 07:30 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by deep View Post
                        I steal your job Chili for this one time, sorry So here is the deal: on many tables we had to prevent an exploit possibility. This is a solution for certain tables where the autoplunger sends the ball to the bumpers or the spinner or other way that worths points. Since in timed challenge modes there is infinite ball saves, this way you could sit back and relax while the table do the hard work So yeah, this is meant to work this way in these modes. I hope this clarifies it guys, keep flippin for those high scores!
                        Thanks for the response. I'm just glad to hear it was on purpose and not a glitch.
                        Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hi Deep! You literally stole my job I forgive you! Thanks

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X