Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheaters: kthula666, Ardenwolfe and !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cantankerous--
    replied
    Originally posted by Chili View Post
    Hey Guys!

Thanks for the feedback! As I mentioned in my previous post, the reason we don't want to delete the scores yet is because we would like to observe their behavior.

"It's fair enough to say that it is almost impossible and not realistic to have scores which always end with zeros." That means we are aware that it is not possible to have these kind of scores.

We would like to solve the problem in long-term, not just for now. We can only do this with a conscious strategy where we will find out how they actually do it.

We don't want this to happen again, so that's why it takes more time than expected.

Thanks for your patience again!

Chili
    I really don't see the logic in your thinking. If you delete their scores and they never post another, that's a WIN for the community. If you delete their scores and they repost them, as I predict they will, then that's a WIN for Zen because you now have, I suspect at least, something in place to detect bogus scores and will then understand how it is being done. In either scenario removing the scores does nothing but benefit the community unless of course, you just have no way of detecting the submission of bogus scores. I am curious as to why, if they have this ability why they are posting such obvious fake scores and why they are only doing it to some tables and not others. I hold out the possibility that they are playing legitimately and some odd set up, computer configuration, network error thingy is rounding their scores while posting. If so, the scores are still bogus and need to be removed and if indeed the players are legitimately playing they will reach out to you wondering why????

Leave a comment:

• Chili
    replied
    Hey Guys!

Thanks for the feedback! As I mentioned in my previous post, the reason we don't want to delete the scores yet is because we would like to observe their behavior.

"It's fair enough to say that it is almost impossible and not realistic to have scores which always end with zeros." That means we are aware that it is not possible to have these kind of scores.

We would like to solve the problem in long-term, not just for now. We can only do this with a conscious strategy where we will find out how they actually do it.

We don't want this to happen again, so that's why it takes more time than expected.

Thanks for your patience again!

Chili

Leave a comment:

• Tech101
    replied
    Originally posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    Although I can appreciate that your team is dedicated to investigating the matter and has enough integrity to not just ban the aforementioned players based on the communities combined assumptions of guilt, delaying the removal of clearly questionable scores from the leaderboards hurts your company more than it hurts any of us. I can tell you, I have a number of number 1 scores and it garners me no celebrity or ingame swag whatsoever and being number 2 under a clearly suspicious score would lose me no sleep especially given that everyone on this board is aware of them, however this board and its members only comprise the smallest percentage of your online community and many who do not frequent this board and just see the clearly fake scores week after week, month after month and just think your company does not care. I mean the whole, "I got a number 1" and then checking the leaderboard every day to ensure its still there newness kind of wore off a long time ago for me, but for that guy who plays every day hours and hours to finally get one only to have some schmuck post a bogus score above him and looking at it for seemingly forever kind of sucks big time. If your not going to ban the players at least see that the scores are next to impossible to achieve and delete them so the leaderboards have some integrity and your customers who have supported your company since way before fx3 are assured that you are truly committed to them, otherwise, frankly, it just sounds like the same ol blah, blah, blah to me.
    I agree with all of this. Just because you don't know how they're doing doesn't mean they're not cheating. I do understand you want to know how but figure that out after you remove the scores. Like what was said we are the vocal minority and while most people probably don't care because they will never see the top 10 tons won't even bother after seeing the cheat scores.

Leave a comment:

• cantankerous--
    replied
    Although I can appreciate that your team is dedicated to investigating the matter and has enough integrity to not just ban the aforementioned players based on the communities combined assumptions of guilt, delaying the removal of clearly questionable scores from the leaderboards hurts your company more than it hurts any of us. I can tell you, I have a number of number 1 scores and it garners me no celebrity or ingame swag whatsoever and being number 2 under a clearly suspicious score would lose me no sleep especially given that everyone on this board is aware of them, however this board and its members only comprise the smallest percentage of your online community and many who do not frequent this board and just see the clearly fake scores week after week, month after month and just think your company does not care. I mean the whole, "I got a number 1" and then checking the leaderboard every day to ensure its still there newness kind of wore off a long time ago for me, but for that guy who plays every day hours and hours to finally get one only to have some schmuck post a bogus score above him and looking at it for seemingly forever kind of sucks big time. If your not going to ban the players at least see that the scores are next to impossible to achieve and delete them so the leaderboards have some integrity and your customers who have supported your company since way before fx3 are assured that you are truly committed to them, otherwise, frankly, it just sounds like the same ol blah, blah, blah to me.
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 08-01-2018, 07:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TuttiDeLeon
    replied
    Originally posted by Chili View Post
    Hey Guys!

First of all, thanks for your patience!

We could see lots of statistics about the players you were complaining about: Ardenwolfe, kthula666 and !!!!!!, we were also able to see more helpful information about their gaming style and scores. Our biggest concern is that what they actually do during the game is totally normal, we couldn't find any unusual strategy, steps or tricks. The only thing which is extremely strange is their zero ended scores, what you guys also mentioned. It's fair enough to say that it is almost impossible and not realistic to have scores which always end with zeros.

However we haven't found their "trick" yet, how they actually do the score cheating, we are not able to officially prove it.

Our Lead Developer created a whole new team who will work on this case exclusively, and that's not everything: we are also planning to develop our whole "Anti-Cheat System", but it definitely takes more time to make a visible progress.

We would like you to know that we are absolutely aware of this cheating issue's importance. Our whole team, also my Community Manager, Ákos and myself are daily pushing the progress, and trying to get every information what we can communicate for our players' community.

It's not just a problem for us which we have to solve, we are seeing it as a moral issue in our community. For us it's an emotional mission.

I personally feel upset about it, because you guys have been supporting us for so long and we would like to have a game which can provide fair circumstances, where you are able to enjoy the competition without experiencing these kind of unfair situations.

So, just to make it clear for you guys: At the moment we are not able to ban these mentioned users yet, because we still want to observe their behavior. However when we find out how they have these unusual scores we will take the necessary steps, I personally will take care of this.

We highly appreciate your support and your passion for our game.

Again: thanks for your patience guys, we know how it feels waiting for so long to see any progress, and we are truly thankful for you!

Chili
    I personally appreciate your response, & thank you guys for taking the steps to ensure the cheating doesn't go unchecked. The problem is that whether you know how they're doing it or not, you can still clearly see that they're cheating, & their scores should be wiped, & a ban enforced. These aren't borderline cases, they're clear cut.

Leave a comment:

• Chili
    replied
    Hey Guys!

First of all, thanks for your patience!

We could see lots of statistics about the players you were complaining about: Ardenwolfe, kthula666 and !!!!!!, we were also able to see more helpful information about their gaming style and scores. Our biggest concern is that what they actually do during the game is totally normal, we couldn't find any unusual strategy, steps or tricks. The only thing which is extremely strange is their zero ended scores, what you guys also mentioned. It's fair enough to say that it is almost impossible and not realistic to have scores which always end with zeros.

However we haven't found their "trick" yet, how they actually do the score cheating, we are not able to officially prove it.

Our Lead Developer created a whole new team who will work on this case exclusively, and that's not everything: we are also planning to develop our whole "Anti-Cheat System", but it definitely takes more time to make a visible progress.

We would like you to know that we are absolutely aware of this cheating issue's importance. Our whole team, also my Community Manager, Ákos and myself are daily pushing the progress, and trying to get every information what we can communicate for our players' community.

It's not just a problem for us which we have to solve, we are seeing it as a moral issue in our community. For us it's an emotional mission.

I personally feel upset about it, because you guys have been supporting us for so long and we would like to have a game which can provide fair circumstances, where you are able to enjoy the competition without experiencing these kind of unfair situations.

So, just to make it clear for you guys: At the moment we are not able to ban these mentioned users yet, because we still want to observe their behavior. However when we find out how they have these unusual scores we will take the necessary steps, I personally will take care of this.

We highly appreciate your support and your passion for our game.

Again: thanks for your patience guys, we know how it feels waiting for so long to see any progress, and we are truly thankful for you!

Chili
    Last edited by Chili; 08-01-2018, 10:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MuddyWolf_Beta
    replied
    I haven’t been playing much lately but I just noticed Ardenwolfe has also destroyed The Force Awakens.

1 ball challenge: 798.000.000
    5 minute challenge: 236.000.000
    Survival: 357.000.000
    Normal challenge: 3,436 Billion

All are number one ‘scores’.

Six weeks after turning the cheaters into a priority and Zen still haven’t managed to get rid of the three big ones. Instead, they are gaining ground.

How embarrassing...

Leave a comment:

• gaz5021
    replied
    This is intriguing.

Leave a comment:

• Tech101
    replied
    Originally posted by Louise Superstar View Post
    Zen have deleted a my friend's high scores on Skyrim!!! He is the best in the world and definitely a real person. His xbox name is TheHatchet18. Can anyone from Zen help?
    Interesting, I thought he was real as well but Zen might know more then we do. After all they said they are taking this seriously and only removing scores they 100% know are fake.

Leave a comment:

• Louise Superstar
    replied
    Zen have deleted a my friend's high scores on Skyrim!!! He is the best in the world and definitely a real person. His xbox name is TheHatchet18. Can anyone from Zen help?

Leave a comment:

• LazyLumpels
    replied
    I thought I’d recognized the name Kthula from PBFX2 days so I didn’t question it but when I look at all their scores, they have a flat score on every table. No coincidence would you have flat scores on every table.

Leave a comment:

• gaz5021
    replied
    FYI Ardenwolfe has ruined another leaderboard (Alien vs. Predator). I'm not sure which platform Ardenwolfe is on. They are visible on Switch, but not on Switch themselves (I doubt anyone would bother to "hack" the Switch for posting pinball scores).

Leave a comment:

• Chili
    replied
    Hey guys! Thanks for reporting those issues. We appreciate it! I will inform our developers about it! This information is very important for us! Have a nice day!

Leave a comment:

• TuttiDeLeon
    replied
    Originally posted by rollerrocker View Post
    I would like to also point out that Zen is using fake scores. These Matchup scores are an impossible low. How to be under 1,100 on Shamen table ?

I had to try for a score under 1,100 and i didn't find a way.

I thought it was a multiplayer matchup. Are the players fake too?
    Perhaps do a weak plunger shot, then tilt? (just a guess.) I hope Zen fix this mode, players are rewarded for keeping their scores very low, allowing unskilled participants to rake in 55 pts per game using this strategy...it urgently needs a rethink!

Leave a comment:

• rollerrocker
    replied
    Mutifake Matchup is not Multiplayer ?

I would like to also point out that Zen is using fake scores. These Matchup scores are an impossible low. How to be under 1,100 on Shamen table ?

I had to try for a score under 1,100 and i didn't find a way.

I thought it was a multiplayer matchup. Are the players fake too?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X