Cheaters: kthula666, Ardenwolfe and !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tech101
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DepecheM101
    I take it you mean dim007 and Grom both at level 1XP but at over double the normal Superscore. Very suspect!
    I'm suspect of any scores with a level 1 user.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• DepecheM101
      • Mar 2017

I've seen quite alot of cheat scores come and go from the top of Superscore but these two seem very persistent.

Comment

• TuttiDeLeon
        Pinhead
        • May 2018

I can't understand why the Superscore leaderboard (regular, not classic), hasn't been cleaned up. The top 100 consists entirely of impossible scores in the multi-millions. I for one, would like to climb that leaderboard, but see no point when I realise that the maximum Superscore currently achievable, (an almost impossible 75,000 points) probably wouldn't get you a position close to the top 100. Please address this issue Zen, that particular leaderboard is in ruins.

Comment

• DepecheM101
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by TuttiDeLeon
          I can't understand why the Superscore leaderboard (regular, not classic), hasn't been cleaned up. The top 100 consists entirely of impossible scores in the multi-millions. I for one, would like to climb that leaderboard, but see no point when I realise that the maximum Superscore currently achievable, (an almost impossible 75,000 points) probably wouldn't get you a position close to the top 100. Please address this issue Zen, that particular leaderboard is in ruins.
          I don't know what you are seeing but as far as I can see there is only the two suspect scores at the top of the regular superscore leaderboard previously mentioned and the classic superscore leaderboard looks fine. Without them two scores I would be top and my score is totally legit. I am on Xbox One.

Comment

• cantankerous--
            Pinball Wizard
            • Nov 2016

I have no idea how that superscore works. I have like 5 number 1's and another 10 in the top 5 and I only have 11 thousand superscore ranked like 7400th. lol
            Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
            2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
            3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
            sigpic

Comment

• Tech101
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by cantankerous--
              I have no idea how that superscore works. I have like 5 number 1's and another 10 in the top 5 and I only have 11 thousand superscore ranked like 7400th. lol
              I've told you how it works lol. You first need to play all the tables. If there's 75 the max score you can get is 75,000. Any score over that are not legit. If you placed in the top 5 on all tables you would be looking at around 74,900 to 74,980 or so. We cant see PS4 so I'm gping to take a wild guess that a lot of scores are coming from there. As a Switch user I only see 2 scores like DepecheM101 said that need to be removed.
              Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• cantankerous--
                Pinball Wizard
                • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Tech101
                I've told you how it works lol. You first need to play all the tables. If there's 75 the max score you can get is 75,000. Any score over that are not legit. If you placed in the top 5 on all tables you would be looking at around 74,900 to 74,980 or so. We cant see PS4 so I'm gping to take a wild guess that a lot of scores are coming from there. As a Switch user I only see 2 scores like DepecheM101 said that need to be removed.
                Ok, thats the reason. I only play about 7 tables religiously and many of my number 1's are on the same tables in different modes. No big. I just play for fun anyway.
                Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
                2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
                3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
                sigpic

Comment

• TuttiDeLeon
                  Pinhead
                  • May 2018

Originally posted by DepecheM101
                  I don't know what you are seeing but as far as I can see there is only the two suspect scores at the top of the regular superscore leaderboard previously mentioned and the classic superscore leaderboard looks fine. Without them two scores I would be top and my score is totally legit. I am on Xbox One.
                  Ah, I'm on PS4. The top 100 is absolutely horrible, full of bogus scores. The top 100 in Classic Superscore is completely legit...for now.

Comment

• MuddyWolf_Beta
                    • Jun 2017

You can divide cheaters into subspecies…

There are the one time only cheaters. They don’t care about the game. They install it once, set a few fake scores and leave the game behind. I guess they do it because they can.

There are the kiddies. (If there’s a free table, level, whatever in a game, you’re bound to find them there.) For them, playing the game is just as much fun as cheating the game. I guess their motive is just teenage kicks

You can’t stop the above cheaters unless you have a VAC ban system in place. The best thing you can do as a dev is keep a close eye on the boards and do a thorough clean-up every 6 months or so.

And then there are the likes of kthula666, Ardenwolfe and !!!!!!

IRL, they’re the kind of guys that wear socks in their pants to impress. They just love to see their names up there. Both for themselves and for others to see. I guess it makes them feel special while it’s just sad & silly.

However, these kind of cheaters infect the leaderboards to such a degree that players don’t bother with tables anymore because they know the top spots are unreachable anyway.

IMO. A dev carries the responsibility towards its customer base to remove these cheaters as quickly as possible. The moment they are ‘unmasked’ basically. Which in this case, they sure are.
                    Last edited by MuddyWolf_Beta; 05-21-2018, 10:09 PM. Reason: water

Comment

• TuttiDeLeon
                      Pinhead
                      • May 2018

Originally posted by MuddyWolf_Beta
                      You can divide cheaters into subspecies…

There are the one time only cheaters. They don’t care about the game. They install it once, set a few fake scores and leave the game behind. I guess they do it because they can.

There are the kiddies. (If there’s a free table, level, whatever in a game, you’re bound to find them there.) For them, playing the game is just as much fun as cheating the game. I guess their motive is just teenage kicks

You can’t stop the above cheaters unless you have a VAC ban system in place. The best thing you can do as a dev is keep a close eye on the boards and do a thorough clean-up every 6 months or so.

And then there are the likes of kthula666, Ardenwolfe and !!!!!!

IRL, they’re the kind of guys that wear socks in their pants to impress. They just love to see their names up there. Both for themselves and for others to see. I guess it makes them feel special while it’s just sad & silly.

However, these kind of cheaters infect the leaderboards to such a degree that players don’t bother with tables anymore because they know the top spots are unreachable anyway.

IMO. A dev carries the responsibility towards its customer base to remove these cheaters as quickly as possible. The moment they are ‘unmasked’ basically. Which in this case, they sure are.
                      Amen.

Comment

• DoZ
                        • May 2018

Knowing that hack tools are booming and it's easy to do, the best thing for all, players and developers, would be an anti-cheating system that monitorize changes in the process executed on the client machine.

Of course it would generate more traffic on the servers, but with a system that every minute or two would perform checks, it could prevent the damage what cheaters makes.

Really, it's so easy that even someone stupid enough to invent a score with a round number (like 400,000,000) is able to use the right programs...

Comment

• MuddyWolf_Beta
                          • Jun 2017

Hello again,

It’s been almost a month since I started this thread and almost four months since gaz5021 reported these 3 cheaters for the first time.

It’s so obvious they are cheating, is there a reason you don’t want to remove their scores?
                          Do the server managers have doubts and suspect our reports are fake?

I don’t understand.
                          Could you please explain what’s going on.

Thanks!

Comment

• Chili
                            Community Representative
                            • Mar 2018

Hey! Thanks for reporting this issue, we know about it. I will ask my colleagues what's going on with this.

Comment

• MuddyWolf_Beta
                              • Jun 2017

@Chili

Thank you.
                              I appreciate it.

I hope they'll be removed soon.
                              Last edited by MuddyWolf_Beta; 06-12-2018, 04:27 PM. Reason: water

Comment

• Chili
                                Community Representative
                                • Mar 2018

Hey MuddyWolf_Beta! My colleague checked those three users:
                                1. Ardenwolfe - he didn't find him anymore, probably this users has been already removed.
                                2. kthula666 - This case is interesting, because actually the scores he makes is not that impossible, and we currently cannot remove him immediately
                                3. !!!!!! - my colleague didn't find him, but he will check it again

If you can, please send us the which are the score boards where you see those unrealistic scores. It would help us a lot!

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...