Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Williams™ Pinball Update Release Date, Price, Free Content and Remastered Versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cocothetrain View Post
    Hey Mclovin,

Any idea when we will get information on other Midway tables coming to Pinball FX3? Or at least what `Volume 2` will hold?
    How many tables do you plan to release within a year?
    We are launching 4 tables with the first release, and we should have another 4 tables out before the end of 2018. 2019 will be very busy with releases, you will not be disappointed!

https://www.pinballfx.com/?page_id=7989
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

Comment

Speakin of the five exemplary 'unplayable' tables again, i'm pleased that the issues were adressed so quick, so patch 1.09 could partially resolve them just in time. Good job!
      I do understand that bugfixing is probably much more complicated than it looks, and does need considerable time. A table's cure must also work properly, after all, and make sure its 'host' runs safely until next patch, lest it is worse than the disease!
      Apparently, bugs related to a table's 'mechanics' are easier to repair than a table's 'electronics'. That's at least my uneducated guess why Eldorado's statue, Mars' kickbacks and Might of the First Order's steepness were fixed, while other seemingly 'easier' issues on the same tables, like scoring bugs or gameplay modes, were not. Kinda like... real pinball machines?
      Although i'd consider a table 'working properly' only when it's completely fixed, i'd rather have frustrating 'mechanical' issues fixed first, so i'm definitely grateful about the newly won playability of the three above-mentioned pins. Thanks Zen!

Comment

First impression are very positive. I actually like all the #s popping up showing points etc. Great thing is that you can change into or out of those options in a flash.

Comment

Civil War has bug reported long ago. NOT FIXED!

I reported a bug to ZEN for Wizard play mode for Civil War and it still has not been fixed. The upper right flipper is stuck behind the upper right back lip of the sink hold and remains stuck regardless of restarts or hard shut downs on my XBOX 1. Please fix and advise. Thank you!

Originally posted by McLovin View Post
          Hi SiggR22,

1) Not sure what you mean here, we updated lots of tables to fix bugs that were persistent. Both Battle of Mimban and Calrissian Chronicles received very fast fixes with the most recent Solo pack. Could you give me an example of an unplayable table because of a bug? Maybe we could revisit some of them.
          2) Match up requires some tweaking I give you that, but it has been improved and worked on since it's first version. Also, a lot of the top leaderboard spots are occupied by players like Pinballwiz, or the LupsClub guys or members of the PSN Pinball league, or the Pinball Family on Steam who regularly post full playthroughs of their games and prove that their scores are legitly as big as you see. Glad you like Survival and 5 Minute challenge though!
          3) Which leaderboard are you referring to? As I said in point 2) a lot of the top scores are proven to be legit, and we make an effort to investigate potential cheated scores.

Thanks for the encouragement! We are always looking for ways to improve both tables and the game they are in.

Comment

The calm before the storm...
            XBL GT - JaySTeeY

Comment

Originally posted by JaySTeeY View Post
              The calm before the storm...

So you feel it as well.....

Comment

Saw there was an update on PS4 today. Hurry up tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Jak3_Ry4n View Post
                  So you feel it as well.....
                  I can only imagine the atmosphere in the Zen studio right now, absolutely frenetic...
                  XBL GT - JaySTeeY

Comment

I have just purchased the pack but Fish Tales is not showing up at all on Xbox.

Comment

Hey! We know about the issue, we are currently working on fixing it!

Comment

Williams pinball pack not available via PS4 in France ??
                        Any info about release time ?
                        Thanks
                        Last edited by ztouta37; 10-09-2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                          Hey! We know about the issue, we are currently working on fixing it!
                          Thanks for the update. I am liking what you have done with the tables upto now but I have one little complaint and that is on Medieval Madness, when the castle shakes I feel that there should be some vibration feedback on Xbox.

Comment

The Williams tables are there, what I was happy about... at least until I played Fish Tales.
                            Fish Tales is playing absolutely horrible. He is unimaginative in design and therefore very boring to play. The typical pinball noises "ding, ding, ding" got on my nerves after seconds and just excited me... ahhhhhh. Besides, they are also more than unimaginative.
                            The ball feeling is also extremely strange as I think. It somehow doesn't feel like the previous Pinball FX tables.
                            Conclusion: I hate Fish Tales and have absolutely no interest in the other three Williams tables.
                            I just hope that they will be available sometime in the sale for 2-3 dollars so I can complete my collection.
                            Or take them out somehow and give them an extra section completely separated from the good Pinball FX tables.
                            So far I've bought all the tables and was always very happy with the ball feel, design, sound, variety, etc. but Fish Tales is just a total disaster.
                            I'm sorry I have to write it like this but that's my honest opinion. I registered myself in this forum to express this opinion and hope that it will contribute to the fact that there will be no more Williams tables in the future or that these will be outsourced or implemented differently in the basic game apart from the usual tables or that they will be revised (especially the sound... absolutely urgent the sound).

Apart from that I can only say keep on doing as before the other tables are really awesome.

Comment

Zen, this is so awesome. Thank you!

Couple of little improvements maybe:
                              The knocker sound effect is great, add a little controller vibration too?
                              Also add vibration when ball is looping in the Supercharger? Would love a more "metallic" sound effect when it's looping round it too.

Now, got to go. Need to play MORE! ❤️

Comment

I have to agree with Beastbox. I too am somewhat underwhelmed, having been spoiled with all those (unrealistic) bells and whistles of the other tables. I guess realism is not everyone's cup of tea.

Also the tables are way too tiny on my laptop screen compared to the Zen Studios designs. Still a nice addition to the ever growing collection. I just hope not all of the effort from now on is going be directed towards the Williams tables.

Comment

Working...
                                X