Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buckle up! Williams Pinball Volume 4 is a wild ride with 3 new tables and revamped fx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• betheball
    replied
    Originally posted by ImagineVP View Post
    I meant I would gladly pay $5 per table for tables listed in the top 10 requested tables. To date, I would have only been willing to pay that for Theatre of Magic, Champion Pub & Medieval Madness. just my $.02
    yep, same here. like/dislike ratio 30/70. approx.

Leave a comment:

• betheball
    replied
    meh.

Leave a comment:

• ImagineVP
    replied
    re:

Originally posted by hunter328 View Post
    Yeah, I got that too. My reply was meant jokingly.
    I meant I would gladly pay $5 per table for tables listed in the top 10 requested tables. To date, I would have only been willing to pay that for Theatre of Magic, Champion Pub & Medieval Madness. just my $.02

Leave a comment:

• cantankerous--
    replied
    I considered as much, but the lack of an lol afterwards left me wondering. "lol"

Leave a comment:

• hunter328
    replied
    Originally posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    I think his response is intended to mean he would pay 5 dollars for an individual table that is in the top 5 or even top 10 and not meant to read he would pay 5 for an individual table ranked from 5 to 10 from a list of 10 best tables to choose from.

Leave a comment:

• cantankerous--
    replied
    I wouldn’t mind that or a rotation of real world and original pack releases. I’m in a tournament group and so I get every table, and while I do enjoy playing the Williams tables when they come up in our tournament, I don’t spend much time with them otherwise. Certainly not as much as I do with the tables Zen created themselves. They’re the reason Zen Pinball/PBFX has been one of my favorite games for so long.

I’m curious then what would you pay for one that’s in the top 1-4?
    I think his response is intended to mean he would pay 5 dollars for an individual table that is in the top 5 or even top 10 and not meant to read he would pay 5 for an individual table ranked from 5 to 10 from a list of 10 best tables to choose from.

Leave a comment:

• hunter328
    replied
    Originally posted by rmaultra View Post
    I just wish that ZEN would mix it up a little bit and include some of their original tables with the Williams and Bally releases.
    I wouldn’t mind that or a rotation of real world and original pack releases. I’m in a tournament group and so I get every table, and while I do enjoy playing the Williams tables when they come up in our tournament, I don’t spend much time with them otherwise. Certainly not as much as I do with the tables Zen created themselves. They’re the reason Zen Pinball/PBFX has been one of my favorite games for so long.

Also, I too am not against paying $5 for a single table that is in the top 5-10 of most requested tables. If only there was a poll or something...
    I’m curious then what would you pay for one that’s in the top 1-4?

Leave a comment:

• cantankerous--
    replied
    NO thank you! I'm in it for the classic tables exclusively. While I do like some of Zen's original tables... I don't want to pay a single ball for an hour personally. If they revamped the physics on their originals... I would probably play them more... maybe.
    I would love this. I almost exclusively play survival or williams tables as I just like a good fast match and not a marathon game. I would love to see the williams physics included as a separate option to the current games.

Leave a comment:

• ImagineVP
    replied
    re:

Originally posted by rmaultra View Post
    Frankly I thought by now that Zen would throw us a bone and include some of the more popular tables and spread them out maybe one per pack. I just wish that ZEN would mix it up a little bit and include some of their original tables with the Williams and Bally releases.
    NO thank you! I'm in it for the classic tables exclusively. While I do like some of Zen's original tables... I don't want to pay a single ball for an hour personally. If they revamped the physics on their originals... I would probably play them more... maybe.

Leave a comment:

• rmaultra
    replied
    Agreed

How about continuing to release williams packs of 3 at 9.99 and every now and then release a special individual table like a raiders or adams family for 4.99 or slightly higher to help pay for additional licensing because really some of us are paying 9.99 to play one table per pack and then rarely to never play the other two after the first week. I mean of the williams tables I play TOM, Fishtales, Attack from mars, The Getaway and sometimes Medieval madness, but I rarely ever play black rose, junk yard, safe cracker, champion pub or party zone. Also, as you well know from all the comments most of us hard core pinball players already have almost every game you already have released and we are wanting something new.
    I agree with cantankerous that charging more for more popular tables would be a viable option to help ZEN with the costs of licensing etc. that they need to pay out. Frankly I thought by now that Zen would throw us a bone and include some of the more popular tables and spread them out maybe one per pack. I just wish that ZEN would mix it up a little bit and include some of their original tables with the Williams and Bally releases.

Leave a comment:

• jrolson
    replied
    Buying just for Hurricane!

But where's Comet and Cyclone?

Leave a comment:

• classic_pinball
    replied
    already have almost every game you already have released and we are wanting something new.
    Personally I'm just happy with having new crisp textures and lighting, and better (classic single player, arcade setup) physics.

I have every Williams table on Pinball Arcade, but the textures are awful and the balls feel like plastic ping-pong balls when compared to Zen.
    FarSight Studios should be hanging their heads in shame.

Leave a comment:

• classic_pinball
    replied
    Nice selection this time. Good job.

Leave a comment:

• ImagineVP
    replied
    re:

I rarely ever play black rose, junk yard, safe cracker, champion pub or party zone.
    Why don't you like Champion Pub? It's one of my favs with completely original side games/challenges as well as a very satisfying main objective. Very entertaining IMO, but we all have our personal tastes. What is it you find most appealing in the classic tables you enjoy playing?

Also, I too am not against paying $5 for a single table that is in the top 5-10 of most requested tables. If only there was a poll or something...

Leave a comment:

• cantankerous--
    replied
    Originally posted by McLovin View Post
    This is a good idea, and it could work in some manner.

Although there are multiple factors to think of when getting a new game in a Volume:

- Availability: Can we get access to a game in good condition in time for the new Volume? Will the owner lend it to us, what are the costs of this exchange? How long can we have the machine in the office etc.
    - Licenses: Licensing and getting rights to likeness, intellectual property, music rights can be a long and hard procedure.
    - Consistency: We'd like to keep the quality of releases consistent, so we wouldn't necessarily want to do a T2, Indy, Addams volume for example and then have a volume coming after that could be looked at as a 'letdown'

So in theory, having a vote would be fantastic, but there could be a case where we are not able to deliver the results.

That said, we do listen to requests, this is how White Water and Theatre of Magic arrived at the time they did.
    How about continuing to release williams packs of 3 at 9.99 and every now and then release a special individual table like a raiders or adams family for 4.99 or slightly higher to help pay for additional licensing because really some of us are paying 9.99 to play one table per pack and then rarely to never play the other two after the first week. I mean of the williams tables I play TOM, Fishtales, Attack from mars, The Getaway and sometimes Medieval madness, but I rarely ever play black rose, junk yard, safe cracker, champion pub or party zone. Also, as you well know from all the comments most of us hard core pinball players already have almost every game you already have released and we are wanting something new.
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 05-16-2019, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X