Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technical Issues? Post Here

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Perfomance issues on Galaxy S4

    Hi.

    Just got a new Galaxy S4 and one of the first things I tried was Zen Pinball of course!

    Unfortunately, on this supposedly most powerful phone ever, Zen Pinball perform incredibly poorly. It's unplayable with "enhanced" graphics (I get about 5-10 fps) and not really fluid either with "normal" graphics. I'm surprised, because it runs flawlessly on my Ipad 3, which is I think less powerful and has a higher screen resolution. I've tried killing all background tasks to free up resources for the game, but that made no difference.

    Is there something I can do on my side to make it better? Will the game be optimized for the Galaxy S4? Something else?

    Technical details:
    Galaxy S4 - Qualcomm quad-core version
    Not rooted
    Android 4.2.2
    Zen Pinball downloaded yesterday, so I suppose latest version.

    Thanks,

    Comment


    • I have a quad-core S4 myself (SGH-i337) and am not seeing the same issues. Enhanced has occasional slowdown, which is to be expected as it's coded specifically for Tegra-based hardware rather than simply running better on faster hardware, but certainly not 5-10 fps. And normal runs even better than on my iPad 3.

      Perhaps there is something in your phone configuration that's slowing it down, or you got a bad unit. Or maybe it's a specific table - which have you tried?
      Last edited by Solitude; 05-19-2013, 05:23 PM.

      Comment


      • Thanks for the answer.
        I really don't see what could be slowing down my device. I even just ran 3DMark on it, and its results were completely in line with what was expected of a Galaxy S4 (ice storm score 11148, ice storm extreme score 6647).

        Being European, mine is the i9505 but I just compared its specs to the SGH-i337 and their internals (chipset, RAM, ...) are identical.
        Beofr elaunching the game, I make sure to have 0 active applications.

        So far, I've only played Sorcerer's Lair. I wanted to buy more tables, but I'll wait until I (or you) can solve my performance issues.

        Edit: One thing I learned from 3DMArk is that I tend to underestimate fps: it's probably 20-something in enhanced. To be clear, the fluidity problem I have on "normal" only disturbs me because it is pinball, a game demanding split-second reflexes. if it happened in another genre of games, I wouldn't complain.
        Last edited by Ooops; 05-19-2013, 05:47 PM.

        Comment


        • I have a Motorola Droid Bionic running Jellybean 4.1. I was having no issues with the game until the recent update that came with the release of Shaman, now the game is ravaged by constant stuttering and lag :-\ Any ideas?

          Comment


          • crackle sound Shaman table

            Nexus 7 tablet. Latest operating system update.

            I get a crackle sound from the Shaman table, no other pinball table does this.
            I only just noticed it after using headphones as the noises are not that prominent when using the tablet speaker.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Lock1454 View Post
              I have a Motorola Droid Bionic running Jellybean 4.1. I was having no issues with the game until the recent update that came with the release of Shaman, now the game is ravaged by constant stuttering and lag :-\ Any ideas?
              Clear cache/restart your device?

              Originally posted by JimmyJ View Post
              Nexus 7 tablet. Latest operating system update.

              I get a crackle sound from the Shaman table, no other pinball table does this.
              I only just noticed it after using headphones as the noises are not that prominent when using the tablet speaker.
              That is odd--no sound issues with any other apps/games?

              Comment


              • crackle sound Shaman table

                Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                Clear cache/restart your device?



                That is odd--no sound issues with any other apps/games?
                No no other games do this. If I am the only one to have this issue, then I may have to delete the app and re download it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                  Clear cache/restart your device?
                  No sir, tried each a couple times Also reinstalled and redownloaded tables. I've done everything I can think of besides a FDR.

                  Comment


                  • First off, I don't expect you to support my OS as it's Android 4.2.2 on the Kindle Fire, but I figure that I'd put this out there anyway. I downloaded the free app and Sorcerer's Lair crashes the app before you can even play the game. I bought Excalabur and surprisingly that table plays just fine. Since I thought that Sorcerer's Lair might be just the problem, I bought Paranormal and that also worked flawlessly as did Tesla. Testing my luck, I bought Moon Knight last night and it behaves just like Sorcerer's Lair where it crashes before you can even start playing.

                    Like I said, I don't expect that you'll support my OS, but it seems bizarre that some tables can work fine and others crash the app. I guess I was wondering if there was anything different between those tables that may cause this kinda thing to happen. Anyhow, just reporting in my issue with the app.
                    Last edited by KISSman; 05-27-2013, 06:46 PM.
                    -------------------
                    XBox Gamertag: KISSfiend

                    Comment


                    • Asus TF700T video issue

                      Asus TF700T
                      Android 4.2.1


                      *Video becomes scrambled when attempting to sign into swarm, totally broken, all authentication methods produce this.
                      *Portrait view is also broken and unusable

                      I can only play the game in local mode and lanscape. Very disappointed. :-(

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JimmyJ View Post
                        No no other games do this. If I am the only one to have this issue, then I may have to delete the app and re download it.
                        Let me know if that works or not.

                        Originally posted by KISSman View Post
                        First off, I don't expect you to support my OS as it's Android 4.2.2 on the Kindle Fire, but I figure that I'd put this out there anyway. I downloaded the free app and Sorcerer's Lair crashes the app before you can even play the game. I bought Excalabur and surprisingly that table plays just fine. Since I thought that Sorcerer's Lair might be just the problem, I bought Paranormal and that also worked flawlessly as did Tesla. Testing my luck, I bought Moon Knight last night and it behaves just like Sorcerer's Lair where it crashes before you can even start playing.

                        Like I said, I don't expect that you'll support my OS, but it seems bizarre that some tables can work fine and others crash the app. I guess I was wondering if there was anything different between those tables that may cause this kinda thing to happen. Anyhow, just reporting in my issue with the app.
                        Did you buy it via the Google Play Store or via Amazon? The Amazon version should work.

                        Originally posted by terafloppy View Post
                        Asus TF700T
                        Android 4.2.1


                        *Video becomes scrambled when attempting to sign into swarm, totally broken, all authentication methods produce this.
                        *Portrait view is also broken and unusable

                        I can only play the game in local mode and lanscape. Very disappointed. :-(
                        Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                          Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling?
                          Know issue on the TF700, Barbie. See here.
                          And yes, I have one of those, too

                          But I can't confirm that video becomes scrambled while logging in into swarm on my installation.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sir Cheddar View Post
                            Know issue on the TF700, Barbie. See here.
                            And yes, I have one of those, too

                            But I can't confirm that video becomes scrambled while logging in into swarm on my installation.
                            I know about the portrait issue--that's been happening for a while now - the video thing is weird and if it's what I think it is, then we might have to just give a refund. Boo

                            Terafloppy, can you email me a screenshot of the video glitch? [email protected].

                            Comment


                            • HTC One XL issue

                              G'day from Australia, I have a Telstra HTC One XL running Android 4.1.1, Software 3.17.841.9, CPU Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon Dual-Core 1.5GHz 'Krait' with an Adreno 225 GPU (full specs at http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_xl-4572.php). Unfortunately every time I play i get full screen corruption at random times throughout my play through and the only way to fix this is by force closing and re-opening the app.

                              Here is an example taken with the phones screenshot shortcut:


                              Thanks in advance.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                                Originally posted by KISSman View Post
                                First off, I don't expect you to support my OS as it's Android 4.2.2 on the Kindle Fire, but I figure that I'd put this out there anyway. I downloaded the free app and Sorcerer's Lair crashes the app before you can even play the game. I bought Excalabur and surprisingly that table plays just fine. Since I thought that Sorcerer's Lair might be just the problem, I bought Paranormal and that also worked flawlessly as did Tesla. Testing my luck, I bought Moon Knight last night and it behaves just like Sorcerer's Lair where it crashes before you can even start playing.

                                Like I said, I don't expect that you'll support my OS, but it seems bizarre that some tables can work fine and others crash the app. I guess I was wondering if there was anything different between those tables that may cause this kinda thing to happen. Anyhow, just reporting in my issue with the app.
                                Did you buy it via the Google Play Store or via Amazon? The Amazon version should work.
                                Google Play. It doesn't show up in my Amazon App Store app. On Amazon's site, it says that the Zen Pinball HD (Kindle Tablet Edition) is not compatible. I 'bought' the free app on Amazon's site and even though it then showed up in my cloud area, it won't install the app. It's probably because my Kindle Fire is using the Jelly Bean OS.
                                -------------------
                                XBox Gamertag: KISSfiend

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X